The online racing simulator
Read Before Posting
(18 posts, started )
Read Before Posting
The developers probally don't even read this forum section any more. Here are some ideas I came up with to limit repeat/bad suggestions.
  1. Use the search tool!
  2. Don't suggest things like "can we have this car", or "can we have this track", because it isn't really going to happen.
  3. Don't suggest more cars or tracks if you are a demo user....
  4. Don't suggest that the demo should include more content.
  5. Don't post bugs here.
  6. Don't suggest that the AI should pit. It will come before S2 final.
  7. Don't suggest car tuning, and visual upgrades. (See #1)
  8. Don't suggest weather, rain, etc. (See #1 )
  9. Don't suggest a feature for S3.
I hope that there aren't as many repeat posts, it's really wasting the LFS forum resorces. Good luck!

Watch this video: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Sticky this NOW!
dead right...!
deffinatly deserves a sticky!!!
#5 - joen
hear hear!

also:

-check the improvement suggestions log
-don't ask for LFS to be moddable
I dunno, I have some issues with this. LFS is like it is because of its unique interplay with the community. If you try to stifle suggestions then it will not be LFS. If you expect every new person to read through 56,000 previous suggestions before posting their own idea, then you must realise it will never happen.
If only one person suggests something it may not always get noticed.
If 2000 people all suggest the same thing then obviously it's an issue worthy of attention.
What bugs me is the older, more experienced forum members that slag off newer members valid ideas presented in good faith, because they have been around long enough to know its an issue thats brought up regularly every few months.
They should know better than to bash n00bs about this, just a friendly comment about the a.i. not yet being fixed, for example, without starting a round of humiliation, would do fine.
- No one reads stickies (i dont)
- If you see a topic you know has been posted 1000 times before then ignore it.

Im with al heeley on this one.
Have a pop-up which says "before posting on this forum you must agree not to suggest anything that you've seen in NFSU, F&F or GT4". That should thin out the chaff a little bit Nah, j/k.

I know noone reads stickies (although I've actually found useful info in several of them - and if you were going to suggest an improvement, why on earth wouldn't you read something called "Improvement Suggestions Log" first?), but lord knows why people don't use the search function. You'd think it'd be common sense that someone would search right off the bat to see if the info they want is there, and then post if it wasn't. Seems it would take less effort to search than it would to post and then get bashed But hey, you can't force people to do stuff that makes sense on the internet ...

I do agree with the 2 posts above though - it makes even more sense to look at yet another fluffy dice/bodykit request thread and either ignore it or say "don't hold your breath newbie, go now and race in peace"
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Sticky pls =)
hankstar voted to disconnect thisnameistaken - press [1]
Just sticky the can we have NOS, more cars in demo, a crack, the 'ring and cars and tracks we wanna see.

Then let people post the same things over and over whilst having a useful section bellow the stickies
*2*... wth...*arrow right*...WTF is going on here...*5*... damnit, my finger is too fat!
10. Believe nothing you read on LFS forum
11. Forget everything you've just red and start posting!

(Don't post suggestions for S3? Let's then just close the improvements section )
12. Dont pressume to know what the forum resources are
13. Dont pressume to know better than the devs
14. Dont speak on behalf of the devs

Although I do agree in principle.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The developers probally don't even read this forum section any more. Here are some ideas I came up with to limit repeat/bad suggestions.
  1. Use the search tool!
  2. Don't suggest things like "can we have this car", or "can we have this track", because it isn't really going to happen.
  3. Don't suggest more cars or tracks if you are a demo user....
  4. Don't suggest that the demo should include more content.
  5. Don't post bugs here.
  6. Don't suggest that the AI should pit. It will come before S2 final.
  7. Don't suggest car tuning, and visual upgrades. (See #1)
  8. Don't suggest weather, rain, etc. (See #1 )
  9. Don't suggest a feature for S3.
I hope that there aren't as many repeat posts, it's really wasting the LFS forum resorces. Good luck!

some suggestions:
1. right
2. you are right again. Savier only licensed the BMW f1 car (or the BMW advertised with them), so no chance to get these.
3. as i remember, you did the same when you were a demo racer.
4. see #3
5. i agree. even i didnt see any bug reports....
6. well i suggested that first, but i did not know that it will be in...
7. car tuning is already in game (and the visual upgrades can be skins)
8. wyh do you think that?
9. but some feature might be good!
Quote from Hankstar :hankstar voted to disconnect thisnameistaken - press [1]

1. Yep
2. Yep
3. Well......
4. see #3
5. Whatever
6. Why would the devs not think of that themselves?
7. I guess.
8. Because people have suggested it so much!
9. But we can suggest features for S3 when it is an alpha
i agree completely people should search more... I've had the damn link explaining how to post in my sig for ages

Read Before Posting
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG