The online racing simulator
Spinoff : clocks and time formats
Quote from Scawen : Hold CTRL+SHIFT in-game to show time instead of frame rate

Excellent work Scawen, really handy feature.....

One more request; can there possibly be an option to show this all of the time, instead of only temporarily when you hold down CTRL+SHIFT??

Thanks
I think it would be handy for the "SHIFT + CTRL" function to alter between clock/fps and stay like it, I'd prefer a clock than an fps counter there anyday but thats my opinion so dont batter me lol
A request that hopefully fits into the new test patch requirements...

Could we please have a label for the clock that's been added to the main screen? It's nice to have that there, but I think it would be much more helpful if it were labeled as "Current local time" or something similar. Just having a number floating out there by itself is bound to generate some questions. Especially since it's in 24 hour format (military time) when many people are accustomed to seeing 12 hour format.

A little OT, but do most people schedule races using local time or using GMT or similar? Perhaps showing both local and GMT would be better?
#4 - Chaos
Quote from Cue-Ball :A little OT, but do most people schedule races using local time or using GMT or similar? Perhaps showing both local and GMT would be better?

i guess national leagues> local time
international ones> UTC would be best...
A local and a GMT time being displayed would be helpful
Can the time format be changed according to your time set in Windows? (or maybe choose the format ingame? player settings?) (12 / 24 hr format)

Or have I missed something....
Quote from Tweaker :Can the time format be changed according to your time set in Windows? (or maybe choose the format ingame? player settings?) (12 / 24 hr format)

Or have I missed something....

uhm...change the time in windows and lfs time changes as well....tweaker lol
#8 - Jakg
ot, can you set windows to 12h clock?
Quote from Jakg :ot, can you set windows to 12h clock?

google is your friend http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread33905.html

"Switch to 'classic' view on Control Panel and open up Regional and Language options. Click Customize.

Then, under Time, change time format from HH:mm:ss to 'h:mm:ss tt'. Click OK, then again. Glance down at your notification bar, and you'll see the twelve hour time!"
Quote from sil3ntwar :google is your friend http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread33905.html

"Switch to 'classic' view on Control Panel and open up Regional and Language options. Click Customize.

Then, under Time, change time format from HH:mm:ss to 'h:mm:ss tt'. Click OK, then again. Glance down at your notification bar, and you'll see the twelve hour time!"

I'm pretty sure "Tweaker" wanted to change the time format of the clock in LFS....
Quote from Plastik8 :I'm pretty sure "Tweaker" wanted to change the time format of the clock in LFS....

Please read the first post on this page. illepall
Quote from Lible :Please read the first post on this page. illepall

Changing the time format in Windows does not change the time format in LFS. I run a 12 hour clock in Windows, yet LFS still shows time in 24h format.
Please tell me why anyone would want a 12 hour clock only when the day has 24 hours? IMO this 12 hour system is only causing confusion, and even more so since most of us try to keep track of different timezones when organizing events that span over multiple countries.
#14 - joen
It's just what you're used to.
I'm sure Scawen will be able to make the clock configurable so you'll be able to choose between 12 and 24 hour format.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Changing the time format in Windows does not change the time format in LFS. I run a 12 hour clock in Windows, yet LFS still shows time in 24h format.

Yes there you go. We have 12 hour format, and a 24 hour clock is not something we use.

Quote from X-Ter :Please tell me why anyone would want a 12 hour clock only when the day has 24 hours? IMO this 12 hour system is only causing confusion, and even more so since most of us try to keep track of different timezones when organizing events that span over multiple countries.

If anyone is going to complain or argue why 12 hour is so strange in a 24 hour day :rolleyes:... Then why do people have different languages, drive on other side of road, eat different food, etc etc..... everyone doesn't live like you... hate to break it to yah

If we could just have an option to change the format, how hard could that be?
#16 - abz1
it would make sense to display the master server time, or as some people have suggested displaying GMT or UTC.
Quote from abz1 :it would make sense to display the master server time, or as some people have suggested displaying GMT or UTC.

but it is already there...

EDIT: OK, your post was probably before they added it
retired
looks good here :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG