The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
#51 - Jakg
No you're ok there, there's no need for a number at the back.
#53 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :No you're ok there, there's no need for a number at the back.

good, ill get on to making a skin this week!
From the provisional (reserved but still unconfirmed) and confirmed bookings I have the FXO class has just 1 spare slot left. There's plenty of XRT slots though and RB4 hasn't been taken up at all yet. The cars are balanced on the points system so it shouldn't be a dissadvantage not to have an FXO.

Some FXO slots may become available if those who have expressed an interest do not take up their reserved slots.
#55 - Jakg
is there an STCC logo? i have space perfect for the letters STCC over the rear wheels thats empty, but a logo would look better

or i could just put a union jack there...

lol
#57 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :I've not come up with a logo, the letters "STCC" in the font "Jedi Solid" which is a free download (http://www.grsites.com/modperl ... cgi?dir=j&fn=JEDI_SOL) should suffice.

thanks, the skin is finished and i'm quite happy with it! it should arrive in your inbox shortly...
Sorry to seem like a pain.

It states on the STCC site that LFSWorld sized skins aren't high enough quality for the broadcasting and that 1024x1024 skins should be submitted. This may be a minor oversight, but the LFSWorld skins are in fact 1024x1024.

I make mine at 2048x2048 and the in-game difference is noticable, will you accept this size skin or should I resize ?
2048 is fine, it's better infact - i'll take it ! . LFSworld shrinks your image to 512x512 when it transmits it to other players and this is why I am asking for the full size skins to be sent to me - as everyone has a higher res copy of their own skin, I just cant get it from lfsworld .
#60 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :2048 is fine, it's better infact - i'll take it ! . LFSworld shrinks your image to 512x512 when it transmits it to other players and this is why I am asking for the full size skins to be sent to me - as everyone has a higher res copy of their own skin, I just cant get it from lfsworld .

you want the 2048 version of my skin then? you have the 1024, but it might look better!
sure
Quote from Becky Rose :Thankfuly the OLFSL does not run every Sunday, according to Clanshells I've spotted a free day on the 20th August so the first race will take place then at 7pm GMT.

7pm GMT seems best from those i've spoken too so far so that during the day is free and the finish isn't too late for Europeans and Americans will be wide awake. (using a ukct.net server so pings should be good for most Americans).

Round One: 20th August!

Further dates to be announced on the site when I get around to it... There's so much to do!

I probably wont join then as i am karting at the weekends and on the 20th i'm in Belgium. If races were later I would join. Good luck
I'm sorry to hear that, especially as the MG Power cars look so pretty :/
i've signed up and ill get to as many as I can
There's no more FXO slots left folks, there's still room for a few more XRT's and lots of RB4's though.
The new domain is registered, please update your bookmarks: http://www.simtouringcarcup.com

I'm going to leave the old links in place a few days for anyone who can't yet see the new domain (as these things can take a few days to work properly).

I will setup forums on the new domain soon.
#67 - Jakg
ooooh, lookig very snazzy!
thank you

So far we have 10 completed entries and there's 2 more applicants who i've asked for corrections on their entry form (check your email lads!). Ideally we could use a few more, there's 7 slots left for a full grid which i'd like to achieve before the first race on 20th August.

I'm entertaining my nephew's tonight, but tommorow I hope to setup a forum for the series on the new domain.
My brother is getting S2 on September so I could enter him for then.
Sounds like a good deal, I'd enter except for the fact that I'd rather be dragged behind a car with my face scraping the pavement than drive the TBO class. But if there's anything you need help with that isn't racing then I'd be up for that.

Hehe, Tristan as a commentator should be quite amusing
Becky i would like to sign in, but i afraid that i might have some lag issues, usually isnt a problem, even when im on full server, but sometimes my connection goes crazy and i lag all over the place, and therefore i might be forced to miss some races, would that be a problem?

Also contacted my team mates, hopefully more [noobs] will join it too
Quote :sometimes my connection goes crazy and i lag all over the place

If you cannot race because of lag then you cant race that day, but if it's usually ok that shouldn't stop you entering leagues - even if you have to miss the odd race, or worse, retire from it.

Driver no-shows will always happen, usually a few each race. If the entry list fills up I will open a reserve list to use when this happens which may refill some of the gaps so for the most part you should be ok.

Quote :My brother is getting S2 on September so I could enter him for then.

Well I should of course say he should enter himself ... but that's fine, he'd only miss 1 race out of 12. However if he hasn't been practicing on yours in the interim (in single player perhaps) then he might not be ready to just dive into driving a league race...

On the other hand I did my first league race only two weeks after buying the game. I came last of course, but I was at least complemented on staying out of the way and honouring the blues! lol...
Quote from Becky Rose :
Well I should of course say he should enter himself ... but that's fine, he'd only miss 1 race out of 12. However if he hasn't been practicing on yours in the interim (in single player perhaps) then he might not be ready to just dive into driving a league race...

lol the whole reason I got him to get a license is because he's always using mine
The XRT class is now full.

Some entries are not yet confirmed and these will be chased soon so that space can be made for drivers who want to enter still, so some spaces may yet open up.

I'm taking names still for those spaces which will also be a reserve list for race entries because getting 19 people in the same place at the same time is nigh on impossible (ask any employer) so drivers at the top of the reserve list will likely get to race more often than not.

Driver interest in this series has been overwhelming and i'd like to thank everyone for being so positive about this series.
Not the most important thing in the world but I was thinking Becky have you heard of Primo PDF (or alternatives) would create a much more proffesional look than those word docs for a league that's trying to have a RL like appearance

http://www.primopdf.com/
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG