The online racing simulator
#1 - Krayy
BF3 is ruining my gaming life!!
So much for doing all the code updates I had planned...I just can't not boot my gaming rig without trying to kill some poor schmuck.

I'll need to do an intense weekend of shooting people so I can get it out of my system and resume with the Lapper updates.

Anyone else addicted to something?

P.S. I'm also addicted to Pepsi Max, which is probably not doing me any favours.
I know the feeling man.
#3 - Krayy
Quote from Dygear :I know the feeling man.

Whats your handle and we can meet up to shoot each other and say hello !!!
wat
great LFSLapper Development
#6 - Krayy
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :great LFSLapper Development

It's more to the point that it's occupied me FROM doing Lapper development...we will return to our scheduled program soon (I hope)
OK

I can give a try.

Let's start determining how heavy it is. How many hours a week are we talking about? I guess you are member of some tracking website which can easily point that out..
This might not be the correct place to ask, but since I don't want to litter any other threads, I'm still asking my question here.

How is the new version of Lapper coming down and would it be possible to give any ETA on it?
The rewrite is proving to be a real pain in the a... so what I might end up doing is post a minor update to 6.0.1.2 which incorporates a lot of the changes I had made to make CIF work correctly and then release a rewrite in the future.

That being said, my league has dorpped off quite a bit as we're getting pissed off about the lack of an S3 release which would get us back on the track. hence most of the mods I make I cannot test adequately.

Stay tuned, I should have the minor update up in a week or so
Quote from Krayy :The rewrite is proving to be a real pain in the a... so what I might end up doing is post a minor update to 6.0.1.2 which incorporates a lot of the changes I had made to make CIF work correctly and then release a rewrite in the future.

That being said, my league has dorpped off quite a bit as we're getting pissed off about the lack of an S3 release which would get us back on the track. hence most of the mods I make I cannot test adequately.

Stay tuned, I should have the minor update up in a week or so

Sounds good.
Could you make sure to include all the needed files for CIF?
As I mentioned in another thread, the current download of Lapper has the old framework included and after downloading the CIF package, there are other files which needs to be downloaded too or in some cases no files at all, just a comment somewhere to change some lines in some CIF related scripts.
This makes it very confusing to be honest.
Am I too unpatient when asking about the minor update again?
In less then one week I will be having a 3 week vacation and it would be great to get on with the latest version of Lapper and migrate my total of 9 LFS servers (split over 2 racing teams) from Lapper 5.846 to 6.013(?)

Another thing is a question about backmarkers in a race getting a blue flag (but the same could apply for yellow flags as well). Since not every race knows exactly what to do when getting a blue flag, it would be nice to automaticly reduce their speed by X % when getting that flag. I've looked into the insim documentation and as far as I can tell, there are packets about the current speed of a racer. Would it be possible to detect waved flags within Lapper and then force people a reduced speed?
Tonight I migrated my handicap system from Lapper code 5.846 to 6.012 and all is working nicely, except the broken arrays again.

This really is a killer and after checking over the changelog multiple times, I can't find any reason for this being broken so badly.

Weird thing is, when you set an array with values in the OnLapperStart event, the array is working as intended, but when filling the array in the OnConnect event (for example) only halve of the values is entered into the array.
I really hope the next update will fix these problems, since a lot of my scripts depend on the $user_array which is filled in my Pitboard module.

I've tried to use:

$list =GetListOfPlayers("N");

But that's always returning an empty array when doing:

dumpVar ($list);

Any help on that matter would be appreciated too.
What happens if you use;

$list = GetListOfPlayers("N");
$count = arrayCount( $list );

dumpVar ($count);
Quote from sinanju :What happens if you use;

dumpVar ($count);

$count = 0

Could it have anything to do with running a server on my local pc?
I've been using that for testing.
I start a full version of LFS and select "Start new host" and then select Internet for visibility.
I would like to draw gently attention to this topic again.
Of course I do understand that coding Lapper is a hobby and that activities in real life always come first.
So please don't see it as moaning, just an enthousiastic Lapper programmer who likes to get on with his projects as well.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :$count = 0

Could it have anything to do with running a server on my local pc?
I've been using that for testing.
I start a full version of LFS and select "Start new host" and then select Internet for visibility.

I just tried the same code and got:

<?php 
>---- Dump of list ----
$list[0] = "krayy"
---- End Dump of list ----

---- 
Dump of count ----
$count 1
---- End Dump of count ----
?>

Can you check your code and make sure that the variable $list has not already been defined. Also check the error log file in your Lapper insatnce directory (like c:\lfslapper\default\logs\*ERR.log) to see if there are any helpful messages there
I've disabled every addon there is for lapper, put the code into the OnConnect event, restarted Lapper and the count still says 0.

Error log doesn't show any messages

*edit*
Could it have anything to do with the default Lapper download not having any CIF modules included?
I tried downloading Lapper 6.0.1.2 from the link on this forum again, but the same 0 count keeps coming up.
If that would be the reason, it would be very useful to make sure all the needed files are included in the next release.
Even with Lapper 6.0.1.3 the count still produces a 0 as output.
Logfile doesn't give any errors.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Even with Lapper 6.0.1.3 the count still produces a 0 as output.
Logfile doesn't give any errors.

Can you post the entire sub function you're using....also check out my test.lpr module below that I use to test different functions, particularly !t2 and !t8
Attached files
test.lpr.txt - 10.1 KB - 200 views
Quote from Krayy :Can you post the entire sub function you're using....also check out my test.lpr module below that I use to test different functions, particularly !t2 and !t8

I've tested !t2 and !t8 and both seem to be working as intended.
I've used the code posted by sinanju in several places but it's always returning 0

For example in the OnConnectClose event:

Sub OnConnectClose( $KeyFlags,$id )
closePrivButton("welc&pos&clos&ref");

dumpVar ($count);
EndSub

Quote from Yisc[NL] :I've tested !t2 and !t8 and both seem to be working as intended.
I've used the code posted by sinanju in several places but it's always returning 0

For example in the OnConnectClose event:

Sub OnConnectClose( $KeyFlags,$id )
closePrivButton("welc&pos&clos&ref");

dumpVar ($count);
EndSub

Well I can see your problem...you're using dumpvar to try and dump an integer. arrayCount returns a simple integer and stores it in your variable ($count in your case). If you want to see what the value of $count is, then just user privMsg.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG