The online racing simulator
New Skins Won't Load
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
New Skins Won't Load
Today I added 4 or 5 new skins to my lfs/data/skins folder, but when I'm in the game and try to load them on the cars, they won't load up like they used to when I click "New" under the skin list. I have the naming right (XFG_TRAFFIC is one) and I've uploaded them to LFS World so I don't know what could be wrong
Is it possible that some obsolete dds files of the same name are already present in the skins_dds folder? Can you check if you have XFG_TRAFFIC.dds etc already present in skins_dds folder, if so delete it and then try again? so that a fresh dds is created again?
#3 - Nick.
There was never a DDS file created
Can you attach the skin file. Let me see if it works for me
#5 - Nick.
Here's the skin
Attached images
XFG_TRAFFIC.jpg
Weird, it worked for me. I clicked on "New Colors" button and the skin was available
Could it be that you have two instances of LFS installed, where you are placing the skin files in one LFS/data/skins and launcing the LFS.exe from the other?

Its been known to happen.

Or has anything changed between now and when it used to work? i.e. reinstalled LFS or using new operation system? You might have installed LFS under program files and maybe there is some write protection where LFS can't create the .dds files...
#8 - Nick.
Oh wow! I feel like an idiot. I have two folders that contain LFS and they're identical, so I would've never known. Of course my shortcut links me to the one I wasn't running Thank you!
LOL! That's a new one

New Skins Won't Load
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG