The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Doesn't matter what can you put on it, a 4 cyl motor (unless weber carbs are involved) ain't gonna sound good.

Well this I don't agree. And when it comes to N/A engines I think you were referring to twin carb setups or ITB's because Weber makes all types of carbs.
A nicely tuned turbo 4-pot with a straight exhaust without mufflers sounds very mean too. Or if there are any mufflers it can sound pretty nuts with a screamer pipe attached to the external wastegate.

But after all it comes down to taste, I still have to admit that 4-cylinders simply arent the best sounding ones available.
Quote from BigPeBe :Well this I don't agree. And when it comes to N/A engines I think you were referring to twin carb setups or ITB's because Weber makes all types of carbs.
A nicely tuned turbo 4-pot with a straight exhaust without mufflers sounds very mean too. Or if there are any mufflers it can sound pretty nuts with a screamer pipe attached to the external wastegate.

But after all it comes down to taste, I still have to admit that 4-cylinders simply arent the best sounding ones available.

qft
Quote from BigPeBe :Well this I don't agree. And when it comes to N/A engines I think you were referring to twin carb setups or ITB's because Weber makes all types of carbs.

Agreed. 4cyl turbos with a good exhaust sound great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVa8P6m3fsA
Kinda OT, but any1 know a good car for the snow? Looking for something safe and thinkin of the suburururururur hatchback. Just got my learners permit today after being too lazy for a whole year.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Kinda OT, but any1 know a good car for the snow? Looking for something safe and thinkin of the suburururururur hatchback. Just got my learners permit today after being too lazy for a whole year.

Volvo S80 V8 AWD (current model) or a D5 AWD if that is available in America. We've had one for the past two winters and not once has it even begun to get stuck in the snow (on summer tyres).

Yes I'm a Volvo fanboy but this is actually an example of a genuinely good car
Depends what sort of snow were talking about - are we talking ice (anything with 4wd and good tyres should be ok), or are we talking about drifts (ground clearance required)
Quote from Bmxtwins :Kinda OT, but any1 know a good car for the snow? Looking for something safe and thinkin of the suburururururur hatchback. Just got my learners permit today after being too lazy for a whole year.

Lada Niva.

Get something with four wheel drive, diff locks, narrow winter tyres, 50/50 weight distribution and lots of ground clearance.
toyota 4 runner
Quote from KiRmelius :Lada Niva.

+1 Had one, regret ever selling it. Pulled many a Jeep out of places the Niva would cruise through

Got a 4 Runner now, absolute rubbish in comparison.

Any car with cheap snow tires on it. It isn't about the car one bit, it's about the tires.

Quote :Depends what sort of snow were talking about - are we talking ice (anything with 4wd and good tyres should be ok), or are we talking about drifts (ground clearance required)

1994 Honda Civic, 175,000 miles on worn out snow tires through 3 feet of old snow in work's parking lot. Enough ground clearance for that? Stopped in the middle of it with the snow plowed up the front onto the roof and on the sides up past the bottom of the side windows. Pulled right through it. It is all about snow tires driving in snow.

Quote :Lada Niva.

Tough to find one of those in the US.
currently im beating the piss out of a e36 m3 turbo all day long.
Went drifting again (yes wet blablablabla)

wet!
The 3rd pic is awesome!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG