The online racing simulator
Quote from skstibi :So true but you also don't get what is advertised. The so called high grade 91 octane causes detonation issues in my 944 with a factory tune. The regular 85 octane is so bad that you can't run it anything above 8.5:1 compression without retarding the ignition timing to damn near nothing. Already busted a piston on my motorcycle because of it (single nozzle pumps cause major problems).

In NZ, $2.06 for 91, $2.20 + for 95, $ 2.30+ for 98+.

'Cough' Av gas 'Cough' is completely illegal and you should never run a street car on it, however if you race it's possible to buy for circuit only use and works a treat. ( And no road user charges ! )
You just need to get a contact at an airport. ( and fill containers )
Quote from Racer X NZ :In NZ, $2.06 for 91, $2.20 + for 95, $ 2.30+ for 98+.

'Cough' Av gas 'Cough' is completely illegal and you should never run a street car on it, however if you race it's possible to buy for circuit only use and works a treat. ( And no road user charges ! )
You just need to get a contact at an airport. ( and fill containers )

Funny that you say that because I rent a hangar at the airport and it is extremely easy to get some 100 low lead. Sadly that stuff is $4.99/gallon.

I will be in New Zealand (Auckland) in a year or so anyway and won't be taking my cars.
Quote from Fastwalker :lol my uncle got arrested for running his 1990 Citroen on 'red' diesel.
Told the cops: "But i use it for agriculture!"

Victory.

Not a bad idea if you don't get caught
Quote from jtw62074 :Regulation/taxation is the whole reason your gas prices are typically three or four times more expensive than they are in the US in the first place, and why it's significantly more expensive in the US than in some other countries. Get rid of the rules and taxes and watch the prices plummet and fuel consumption increase as more people are able to afford to buy cars and drive.

There's no free lunch. Everyone's "free stuff" is paid for somewhere.

To the OP: I doubt anyone's "standards" have anything to do with this. 75 octane gas is probably cheaper to produce. At prices that are artificially inflated by 100%+ tax rates on one product, perhaps that is the only gas that can be supplied in your country at that price and demand level with your country's rules and regulations. As a result you get cheap, low quality gas.

Corruption isn't likely a factor in this. When people create rules like this to reduce oil consumption or whatever their reasons are, this is an unfortunate consequence policy makers frequently fail to foresee. In short, you can be pretty sure those very rules and regulations are what are causing the problem.

If this sort of thing interests you, you might enjoy this book by economist Thomas Sowell: http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Ec ... nse-Economy/dp/0465002609

I understand your point, now believe me, this (my) country is CORRUPT, very very CORRUPT....

just to tell you, the owners of gas station refuses to let people make test about the quality of their gas.

I asked the question to an expert here, wich runs a radio talk show about cars, his answers was the same, max. octane was about 78 on premium gas.

Here engines dont last so long, even the bmw's dealer had to bring some experts from the factory because the cars were showing "service engine soon" they broke their heads trying to figure what the hell was the cause, off course the crappy gas...their outcome was a mod to apply on every beemer imported here.

this country sucks, you can do whathever you want, if you have enough money to pay the cops or the law itself, you will be fine.

about the pricing, the goverment loves to freeze the prices of gas when the prices get down (international), but if the price raises, they raise the price as well (even if the time when they bought the gas,this was cheaper)

you will laugh your ass if you start to find what kind of ****ers we got here...the most stupid tax, shipping taxes, we have to pay it like three times, from the country is being exported, from here to let it enter and to the customs officers.... damn...

sorry for my bad english
Quote :...goverment loves to freeze the prices of gas when the prices get down (international), but if the price raises, they raise the price as well...

Let be honest, it's usually the same for most countries...
No need to wonder how Total (for example) is making outrageous profits since a while.
when the government dictates gas prices it just means the oil companies and the government get to screw you seperately. There are very few countries in the world that are actually getting a fair price for quality fuel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG