(10 posts, started )
#1 - Pasci
Silent Install of Live for Speed
I want to install Live for Speed silently in a other directory than c:\lfs

LFS_S2_6B_setup.exe /S
> Install under c:\lfs

LFS_S2_6B_setup.exe /S /D:d:\lfs
> Install under c:\lfs too

All settings are also disabled (no desktop/startmenu entries) and no shortcuts to lfs file extensions. I can't find any informations to change this default silent install settings.

Is there any additional options to install silently with all GUI options enabled (icons, file extension shortcuts)?
#2 - Pasci
By the way: Why Live for Speed is not visible/listed under installed software (Windows XP)?
Right click on the installer and open it with WinRar or 7zip, then just extract the content wherever you want and create the shortcuts yourself.
#4 - Pasci
Of course, this is a solution, too.

Thanks
Quote from Pasci :By the way: Why Live for Speed is not visible/listed under installed software (Windows XP)?

Because it doesn't creates any entries in registry.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Because it doesn't creates any entries in registry.

It does if you allow/want it to; for file associations.
Quote from Pasci :By the way: Why Live for Speed is not visible/listed under installed software (Windows XP)?

The LFS installer does not require admin rights (you know the window popping up asking you for admin permission for the installer).
To have LFS listed in the "installed programs" listing would be the only reason why the installer needs admin rights. We didn't think this was reason enough.
An uninstaller has been provided and is linked to in your Start Menu item for LFS.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Because it doesn't creates any entries in registry.

It does create registery entries. At least one, for the location of LFS on your hard drive. Additionally if you have the installer create file associations, those are stored in the registry as well.

Quote from Whiskey :Right click on the installer and open it with WinRar or 7zip, then just extract the content wherever you want and create the shortcuts yourself.

That is not totally reliable. Files may be missing when you manually uncompress the installer.
Quote from Pasci :I want to install Live for Speed silently in a other directory than c:\lfs

LFS_S2_6B_setup.exe /S
> Install under c:\lfs

LFS_S2_6B_setup.exe /S /D:d:\lfs
> Install under c:\lfs too

All settings are also disabled (no desktop/startmenu entries) and no shortcuts to lfs file extensions. I can't find any informations to change this default silent install settings.

Is there any additional options to install silently with all GUI options enabled (icons, file extension shortcuts)?

I actually never knew there were command line options at all.
I don't think there will be options for install settings though, because those aren't standard. Maybe there's a "skip all options" option, but well, as said, I didn't even know there were command line options to start with, so I've no idea.
I don't quite understand what a silent install means, but if I guess correct here I bring a new option.

Install LFS wherever you want, copy the folder elsewhere, and then uninstall it. Doing so the registry entries and the folder in first location should be deleted.
I'm not sure, which solution I will use (own setup or simply no silent install of lfs). But thanks, Victor and others, for your ideas and feedback.

Silent Install of Live for Speed
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG