The online racing simulator
Racing line improvements
(8 posts, started )
Racing line improvements
I have two suggestions regarding racing line display.

1. I don't understand why there is no racing line display in hot lap mode? Is it because "you can never be fast with racing line display?" but it really helps in some tracks like Westhill, because without racing line I forget to lift off for some corners in Westhill lol. What is the harm in enabling racing line for hot lapping? Those who do not want it can turn it off anyways.

2. And another thing I always wanted is, racing line for custom layouts. If not available in the game, at least we should have a racing line editor where the layout creator himself can create a racing line for his track. This feature can even be generic so that racing lines can be edited for existing tracks. Just like we have layouts and skins that can be downloaded, expert drivers can upload their racing line kits which we can download and practise racing in those more efficient racing lines. Would n't that be cool?
1) I think it is good that the racing line is hidden in hotlap mode. Hotlapping is also about knowing the track perfectly, so now all people have the same conditions in this matter.

2) It is a good idea in theory but I can't imagine how long it would take the devs to implement. Creating curves in an in-game editor would be quite a challenge to create.
Quote from Flame CZE :1) I think it is good that the racing line is hidden in hotlap mode. Hotlapping is also about knowing the track perfectly, so now all people have the same conditions in this matter.

But won't it help the beginners? or are you saying it will spoil people and they may never learn the track? that risk is there ya
Quote from rageshgr :But won't it help the beginners? or are you saying it will spoil people and they may never learn the track? that risk is there ya

They can practice in offline mode
hotlap is offline :P
I always though the race line was more or less the "print version" of the line the AI takes (it does change if you play around with tweak), so with no AI in Hotlap mode there was no race line
#7 - amp88
Quote from rageshgr :hotlap is offline :P

I think the point was that there's no reason for beginners to use the hotlapping mode when they should be using the single player mode for practice.
Quote from amp88 :I think the point was that there's no reason for beginners to use the hotlapping mode when they should be using the single player mode for practice.

I know I was kidding, but I still think it is a useful feature

Racing line improvements
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG