The online racing simulator

Poll : Which day of the week suits you best for GT Series ? (Select All That Apply)

Sunday
Saturday
Friday
Wednesday
Tuesday
Thursday
Monday
Season 2: Schedule Discussion / Infromation
So, after some thought, the earliest I'll start this series will be February for Round 1, with sign-ups starting in January. Note: This is the best possible date, it may start later instead, pending other series and the flow of things at the time.

The format will stay the same, with the 28% restricted FZR and R2 tyres compulsory. The two-race format will be kept, but I have not decided yet whether or not to do two equal-distance races or a sprint and feature. This will be up for decision at a later date.

What I would like now is, IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN PARTICIPATING IN THE SERIES, select all days of the week that you are available for an event during the time region of 19:00-21:00 UTC or so (give or take 30 minutes each way).

Who voted for what will be public so that I have an idea of who would be interested.

If you vote multiple, and have a stronger preference for one date or another, please reply stating your preference.

Being perfectly honest, I doubt my availability for weeknights now that I have landed a job that has me working basically the prime Europe evening hours. So either I find someone to run the actual races on my behalf, or they go on a Saturday or Sunday. But do not let this affect your vote, still provide me what you feel fits your schedule best.
Voted weekend basically. Saturdays are always full on the LFS calendar, and off-setting with iTCC would be a nice idea. So my #1 vote would be Sunday.
#3 - Hahmo
I'm working on sundays so voted for every other day other than sunday
#4 - Foqs
Deko, any news about league?
+1
Currently going a lot leagues, so I think that this league should be organized in summer or autumn.
Yes, a lot of leagues right now for us, and I will not run GT Series until at least after iTCC has finished. It'll probably start late spring / early summer in the end.
#8 - Foqs
Maybe leave it for autumn...
Thanks for info
I voted for Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Although if one race wouldn't last over 3 hours on one day, I really wouldn't mind racing it any day in the week.
Quote from xfirestorm :Although if one race wouldn't last over 3 hours on one day, I really wouldn't mind racing it any day in the week.

If the format stays roughly the same, I really doubt it'll ever go over 75/90 minutes an event.
Did anyone get anywhere with this? I have the time now to run another season if anyone is still interested.
IGTC is running Super GT with FZR+29% and other GTr's aswell as an GT1 class (essentially). Then there's gt3 touring car cup running fzr+28 fxr+32 and xrr+34.

I may be interested though
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Did anyone get anywhere with this? I have the time now to run another season if anyone is still interested.

I would love it, I am waiting for it over a year already and everyone keeps saying they are going to organize stuff, but they don't.

Bmxtwins - These series were better than any of those you mentioned above.
But I must agree there are a lot of GT leagues going on right now, but I am definitely okay if GT Series comes back!
Damn, what took you so long Scotty Personally I don't think I'll find time for this.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Damn, what took you so long Scotty Personally I don't think I'll find time for this.

Sorry Teemu. I've been very busy over the past year or so but now, up until around Jan-Feb, I have a lot of free time. I haven't really touched LFS for along time so I need to go through things again and pick up where I left off.

Quote from andRo. :
But I must agree there are a lot of GT leagues going on right now, but I am definitely okay if GT Series comes back!

andRo when do these leagues finish and what days do they feature on?

I remember we used a R2 tyre rule. Have the tyre physics changed to an extent that this rule would need addressing?

What about new circuits. I see that we have a few new configurations now that the maps have been opened, do we run with original tracks or add some of these new layouts into the mix?

I'm going to get my wheel and pedals setup this weekend so hopefully see a few of you about.
#16 - CSF
Hahahaha, cmon Scott you don't actually think we have had a physics patch since you have been away do you?

Deko and I did plan to run something, but we didn't have a copy of your rule book. I can't be bothered running anything else on this dead sim, so over to you if you feel you have the time.
Quote from CSF :
but we didn't have a copy of your rule book.

Well I just ripped the majority of it from whatever I could find on the net. Half of it was probably yours and deko's work in the first place haha

I wasn't sure what had changed. I'm not going to go all out with the stream etc, can't be bothered with that again unless somebody wanted to do it.

I just enjoyed the close racing that we seemed to have and the tyre compound rule really added something else into the mix.
Nope, tire physics haven't changed, we can still have the R2 rule since it gave a bit of challenge.
And yes, there are open configurations we can use.

Most of the leagues are on Saturday and Sunday btw. But there is place to squeeze GT Series in between them on Saturdays for example, since the rounds are like 2 weeks apart. Or then some other day, but Sundays seem to be taken for the rest of the year.
Here you can see at least some of the events: http://www.lfsforum.net/calendar.php
#20 - Foqs
Scotty, dont think too long mate, just start this great league!
Should follow last years' theme. Quite mid length races with R2s only. Best league ever for me.
As long as it is on friday/saturday - i'm in aswell,would be really keen to try this out.
#23 - Foqs
Nah, friday/saturday events are for nolifes. Lets have something on monday or tuesday.
Scotty, day is doesnt matter, just start that freakin league
Monday or Tuesday? On instance, I'm in a student hostel and don't see PC only on friday to sunday. How is that a better option?
I always preferred weekdays but I know that it isn't practical for our friends with awkward time zones.

Quote :The format will stay the same, with the 28% restricted FZR and R2 tyres compulsory. The two-race format will be kept, but I have not decided yet whether or not to do two equal-distance races or a sprint and feature. This will be up for decision at a later date.

What did we do before? Two races equal length or? Should we still do the reverse grid again? I know it can be abit dangerous but it was good watching those spdo guys flying through the pack at south city.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG