The online racing simulator
led monitor vs hd tv?
(10 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
led monitor vs hd tv?
hi guys, and girls, lol Im searching for the best choice, My little brother just get a 32 hdtv samsung with 1080p, It looks pretty nices but is not LED.

I wanted to g et a LED but with less inches, I wanted a tv or monitor with more than 22 inches but less than 32. 32 INCHES right in my face will result in my eyes burning forever

the biggest monitor I could find was a DELL, with dvi, hdmi and vga ports, is LED and 1080p, the size is 24", my problem is, will it work fine to play ps3 and xbox 360 on it?

I remember myself playing forza motorsport 3 in my SD tv a while ago and a friend of mine just showed me how it looks in a full hd tv (god I even could see the odometer working!) I want to see again the odometer, will a 24" monitor with LED help me to get this archievement?

OR should I go for a TV? I want a LED full hd,but Im scared about some comments, people saying something about a lag with hdtv... I dont want any lag with LFS!!
To say it really simple and on the average base:

A Led tv/monitor can be a HDTV. It's just that the backlight is LED-lid.

A monitor can be nicer (lower response time to reduce 'input lag' and 'ghosting'.

Don't get fooled by the LED marketing. All it does basicly is making your screen flatter in the best case. The colors improve a little over a normal LCD TV/monitor though. The resolution is what counts (usually 1920x1080). Keep in mind that Forza is in 720p only as far as I know.
#3 - jnr89
Quote from Bose321 :
A monitor can be nicer (lower response time to reduce 'input lag' and 'ghosting'.

yeah!! This is the point i wanted to see! thanks buddy!! I dont want any input lag with lfs
24" Dell.. U2410?
I'd suggest you getting U2312HM instead. It's almost 2x cheaper, but only 1 inch smaller and resolution is almost same (1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200).
or Benq G2420HD :-)
I think of buying this one;
http://www.hardwareschotte.de/ ... -Flatron-W2220P-W2220P-SF

Just because I don't want a full HD resolution and 1680x1050 @>22 inch is nowhere to be found. HDMI input is a problem anyway in this class.

This LG has a very nice IPS panel with low lag. Tests say its on par with 2ms panels.

But yeah, it's "only" 22 inch.
Why LED anyway? You one of those ECO guys?
Quote from cargame.nl :I think of buying this one;
http://www.hardwareschotte.de/ ... -Flatron-W2220P-W2220P-SF

Just because I don't want a full HD resolution and 1680x1050 @>22 inch is nowhere to be found. HDMI input is a problem anyway in this class.

This LG has a very nice IPS panel with low lag. Tests say its on par with 2ms panels.

But yeah, it's "only" 22 inch.

That's rather expensive, I bought a 22inch Samsung widescreen unit for that price 3-4 years ago. (2ms, 3000:1 blackness ratio thingy, 1680*1050)

I assume you could get a screen with the same specs for a much better price! (140-160?)
#9 - Jakg
Quote from BlakjeKaas :That's rather expensive, I bought a 22inch Samsung widescreen unit for that price 3-4 years ago. (2ms, 3000:1 blackness ratio thingy, 1680*1050)

I assume you could get a screen with the same specs for a much better price! (140-160?)

Was it IPS? I'm guessing not...
-
110 inch tv (jamesperkins) DELETED by Victor : Spammer

led monitor vs hd tv?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG