The online racing simulator
Upgrading the graphics card on a budget.
Hey guys,

I am thinking of giving myself a little more graphics capability than I have only on a much tighter budget than most would give themselves and a nightmare in terms of actually finding a graphics card that will fit my case.

I have a stock Acer Aspire X3300

The specs are found here in detail : http://support.acer.com/acerpa ... 3300/AspireX3300sp2.shtml

I unfortunately do not know enough about computers to venture out, search various things and be confident enough to know what to get and that it will work. So I was hoping that someone on here would be able to push me in the right direction.

I would like to get a new graphics card no more expensive than £80 that is an upgrade on an Nvidia 9200 (Not too hard) and that will also fit into my micro case which is standard with the X3300 (Slightly harder).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oscar.
The specs for your computer (from the link you provided) say that it can take a PCI Express low profile card. That's a smaller card than normal, they are usually advertised as HTPC cards for small home theater PCs. That's what you need to look for, a low profile card. An example is the AMD Radeon HD 6570, but there are many others from both AMD and Nvidia. The price is usually indicative of the card's performance, so if it's more expensive it's usually better. Also note, because it's low profile, make sure it comes with a smaller bracket which will fit in your PC. You may have to manually take off the larger bracket the card comes with and install the smaller one found in the box, but it's easy, just remove the small bolt holding the bracket in place and remove a few bolts which hold the connectors in place and swap the brackets. You may even get them to do it for you at the store.
Quote from oscarhardwick :Hey guys,

I am thinking of giving myself a little more graphics capability than I have only on a much tighter budget than most would give themselves and a nightmare in terms of actually finding a graphics card that will fit my case.

I have a stock Acer Aspire X3300

The specs are found here in detail : http://support.acer.com/acerpa ... 3300/AspireX3300sp2.shtml

I unfortunately do not know enough about computers to venture out, search various things and be confident enough to know what to get and that it will work. So I was hoping that someone on here would be able to push me in the right direction.

I would like to get a new graphics card no more expensive than £80 that is an upgrade on an Nvidia 9200 (Not too hard) and that will also fit into my micro case which is standard with the X3300 (Slightly harder).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oscar.

maybe it is best to state what you are trying to play also

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG