The online racing simulator
F1 New Jersey GP in 2013
(34 posts, started )
F1 New Jersey GP in 2013
The tree-ish section looks so oldskool (for now at least).

The Austin track is called Circuit of the Americas, but the GP is named US GP. This will be called "GP of America". Pretty confusing I would say.
It's kind of the same thing with the 2 German Grand Prixs some years ago, where the Nürburgring was the European GP and Hockenheim was the German GP
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
T4-T12 section looks quite interresting from the vid.

Quote from ATHome :It's kind of the same thing with the 2 German Grand Prixs some years ago, where the Nürburgring was the European GP and Hockenheim was the German GP

Indeed, but now in many people's mind America=USA. Perhaps something like "Atlantic GP"(afterall we did have a Pacific GP at some point) would've been less confusing. Or just "New York GP" maybe.
#6 - J@tko
Or maybe go back to US GP West and East?
looks surpsingly good for a street circuit

however im not sure how i feel about the prospect of hamilton continuing down his path of inviting pointless celebrities into the pits and seeing the entire cast of jersey shore in the mclaren box
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Or just "New York GP" maybe.

Would the newjersians have a problem with that?

#

This is a another layout (see T1 & T2), apparently the one that was shown during the press conf:

Awesome! I could possibly go to that race in 3/4 years.
@yann new york and new jersey are sperate states despite the fact the Giants and jets have the same stadium in NJ
Quote from Shotglass :looks surpsingly good for a street circuit

however im not sure how i feel about the prospect of hamilton continuing down his path of inviting pointless celebrities into the pits and seeing the entire cast of jersey shore in the mclaren box

Don't you know Hamliton parted ways with Scherzinger?

So maybe he is going to get his head straight and does what he is paid for - driving.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Awesome! I could possibly go to that race in 3/4 years.
@yann new york and new jersey are sperate states despite the fact the Giants and jets have the same stadium in NJ

I'm pretty sure Yann knows that. Regardless, they didn't put it in New Jersey because of how well-known/well-loved New Jersey is. They put it in New Jersey because it's across the river from Manhattan and they can't shut Manhattan down to run a race there. NY GP would be perfectly fine.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm pretty sure Yann knows that. Regardless, they didn't put it in New Jersey because of how well-known/well-loved New Jersey is. They put it in New Jersey because it's across the river from Manhattan and they can't shut Manhattan down to run a race there. NY GP would be perfectly fine.

Manhattan GP or New England GP then, but its not in NY so not a NY GP
Quote from ATHome :Don't you know Hamliton parted ways with Scherzinger?

no because i dont follow gossip and if it werent for martin and david pointing out which celeb ive never heard of before is annoying the mclaren pitcrews this weekend i wouldnt even realize they were there

Quote from DeadWolfBones :they can't shut Manhattan down to run a race there. NY GP would be perfectly fine.

also because racing around nothing but 90° turns would be absolutely shite
which presumably is the reason why no one even remembers that there used to be a phoenix gp back in the day
Quote from Mustangman759 :Manhattan GP or New England GP then, but its not in NY so not a NY GP

Manhattan is in New York, you retard, and neither New York nor New Jersey are in New England.
Well, like everything in Northern New Jersey, it should be named after New York.

Can't say I'm unhappy with the layout though. It's rruns on the Palisades so there's a mean 150 feet of elevation changes.
Quote from Shotglass :also because racing around nothing but 90° turns would be absolutely shite
which presumably is the reason why no one even remembers that there used to be a phoenix gp back in the day

More like we try to forget.
Oh jeez. Camden chop shops are going to make a killing.

EDIT: Oh and look how freakin close the track is to residential areas. It's Cadillac GP all over again.
Quote from ATHome :It's kind of the same thing with the 2 German Grand Prixs some years ago, where the Nürburgring was the European GP and Hockenheim was the German GP

Yea, because to a degree the Circuit de Americas becomes North American GP in a way.

But the track map looks good, I like that 2apex hairpin to the extreme right of the map.
Wouldn't mind the track in the other direction either.
Quote from PMD9409 :Wouldn't mind the track in the other direction either.

It has a Montréal kinda feel to it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Manhattan is in New York, you retard, and neither New York nor New Jersey are in New England.

Yea, New Jersey ain't New York, that's what he's saying.
Saw a lap of it on rfactor on yt, it looks really high speed for a street track.

It's likely tilke will get he's satanic hands on it though as it looks quite dangerous with those barriers surrounding the track.
ill be there if ill be here. nahmean?
Layout looks refreshing, challenging and very real unlike Valencia, which will ironically drop out because of New Jersey. Also it could have two good overtaking spots! It's surely gonna provide an exciting race even though it's not in New York.

F1 New Jersey GP in 2013
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG