The online racing simulator
Post your tighest parking spot
(49 posts, started )
Quote from DeKo :The UK is the only country where people want to batter people for tiny scratches on their cars. I literally couldn't care less if someone bumped my car a couple of times.

i sure could, . Depending on the car ofc, if i would drive with a piece-of-shat junk then i wouldn't mind either.
Quote from DeKo :The UK is the only country where people want to batter people for tiny scratches on their cars. I literally couldn't care less if someone bumped my car a couple of times.

Well that's fine if you don't, but realise there are people who do and people who spend weekends polishing and claying their paint don't take kindly to damage. So expect a kipper round the face, comedy style.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If I saw you touching my car while parking yours, I would go bloody mental. Even if you caused no scratches (which is very unlikely...) is regardless. Sounds to me like you have no respect for other peoples property.

right on.

There's at least two, since here is the same thing.

I'd go ****ing mental if someone did this to my car, and so would pretty much everyone else in the USA I expect. I honestly cannot even fathom how this is an okay thing to do in some places.
It's ok, my car has plenty of various sharp metal pieces sticking around, your car will receive much more damage

I like old clunkers, nothing to worry about at all.
I'm a BMW driver. I use three spaces.
Quote from bunder9999 :that's evil, how are the other people supposed to get out?

by doing the same thing
that why everyone drives tiny cheap banged up cars in big old european cities
usually people will park their cars out of gear and without the handbrake on (on flat road obviously) to allow for that to happen (and also minimizing damage caused by it)
He had to take the mirrors off lol
Quote from Rappa Z :He had to take the mirrors off lol

didn't notice him taking them off tbh...
Eriks BMW pictured earlier today...

Sorry Erik. Had to be done.
#38 - JJ72
all from hong kong!

Quote from KiRmelius :I like old clunkers, nothing to worry about at all.

Sounds about like me I've never parked in a tight spot in my 1 1/2 years of driving experiance. American cities for the most part aren't as crowded as European ones of course since they are generaly newer.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Eriks BMW pictured earlier today...

Sorry Erik. Had to be done.

Am I supposed to see a picture here? Because I don't see it.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If I saw you touching my car while parking yours, I would go bloody mental. Even if you caused no scratches (which is very unlikely...) is regardless. Sounds to me like you have no respect for other peoples property.

9 out of 10 times, if your car very gently touches the bumper of another car, there is no damage whatsoever (happens from time to time when cramming 10 cars into a driveway with millimetres between them).

Although I agree that I wouldn't dare make contact with another person's car. If you have to do that then realistically the parking space is too small (unless you're Russ Swift )
It's not the damage or lack thereforeof, it's the lack of care. And the fact that most people go "well there's no damage...." that's not the point.
I guess people in Brazil simply don't care much about that... this weekend a friend of mine saw a guy bumping his motorbike with a car (trying to park) when we were at the beach, and he didn't seem to care... he even commented at the time: "as long as he doesn't hit it strong enough to make the bike fall, I'm not bothering to get up from this chair and walk there to talk to him".

Yes, there are people who do care, but anyway...

I agree with JO53PHS, about almost everything including "I wouldn't dare make contact with another person's car". I didn't intend to do it either while I was parking, but if I didn't, I wouldn't get the car straight. This was the first and only time I ever touched someone else's car when parking, and that's just because there really wasn't anywhere else to park. The beach is a very crowded place on weekends, and the place I parked was already kind of far from where I needed to go.

I guess every person is entitled to their own opinion...

Edit: my car is brand new. I can still smell the "new car" air inside of it. I've had it for about 3 or 4 months, although I've had my driver's license for a lot longer.
The worst I have had is some jackass in a minivan parked against the rubber pads on the brush guard on my truck and there was a little truck parked about 3 inches away from my rear bumper.
I put the transfer case into 4 wheel low and put the trans in low, let out the clutch and pushed that POS Toyota minivan out of the way. It did not take much effort, did not hurt my truck at all, and I felt so much better after doing it.
I drive a Toyota, therefore i don't park, i crash it into the nearest building, and pick it up again when i need to go.
Thats a VW Gol isn't it? Its annoying me, it looks like someone cut the back off a Mk6 Polo and the front off a Mk3 golf.
Quote from Luke.S :Thats a VW Gol isn't it? Its annoying me, it looks like someone cut the back off a Mk6 Polo and the front off a Mk3 golf.

id say its a vw fox.

Post your tighest parking spot
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG