The online racing simulator
Problem setting up a slow Ai car
Seen different threads about changing gearing on a set to use to make a slower AI car so that I can practice in single player with different AI cars.

I must be doing something wrong cause the AI ignores my settings and goes as fast as possible.

Here's what I tried sofar.

1. Hit single player on Pro level

2. Enter garage to select my slow car with a max speed of 103mph then ok.

3. Click where it says Add AI it adds a car.

4. Now if I start race and spectate or race against it with a different car the AI car is going upto 133mph on the straight?

5. I test drove the AI car before hand and it's max speed was 103mph so I'm lost at how to change the AI car settings cause when I click back on garage it just shows the current car I'm driving.
you need to tick the box in Options where it says "AI uses Player setup" (dunno which Option screen, could be "Other"). Else they use the Race_S one.
^^ This, its in options > misc > Ai uses player setup
ok thanks knew I was missing something.
Why are you making AI slow by limiting top speed. That will only make them slow on straights. Why don't try setting the AI to say "OK"or "QUICK" level?
..alternatively you could limit engine power (on the Info tab of setup screen, intake restriction) or add some mass (if you need to add more than 200 kg, use passengers).
#7 - Sobis
Quote from E.Reiljans :..alternatively you could limit engine power (on the Info tab of setup screen, intake restriction) or add some mass (if you need to add more than 200 kg, use passengers).

Yes, this will be the best solution.
I'll look into the other options mentioned I did get the first one working.

All I wanted was to have different speeds of cars on the track so there not all just in one single file line bumper to bumper.
Quote from TaiLG8eR :I'll look into the other options mentioned I did get the first one working.

All I wanted was to have different speeds of cars on the track so there not all just in one single file line bumper to bumper.

Well I have saved a grid with all 19 cars (except what I am using) for AI. Select UF1, Add AI, Select XFG, Add AI, etc. So you will have all kinds of cars in the race. Make a slow->fast grid and the AI will pile up and crash in T1. Make a fast->slow grid with FO8 at start ad UF1 at the tail and they all win pan out

Edit: Oops, I did n't see you wanted to do this with only the demo cars.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG