The online racing simulator
Multiplayer host issue
(10 posts, started )
Multiplayer host issue
Hi there,
I havent played online for a while (4years).
If I do a host like that attachment my team mate cannot join me.
We both can join normal host without issue...
Strange.
Attached images
host.jpg
Any specific error messages when attempting to connect to the server? Something like connect timed out?

If that's the case you have to forward your ports on your router. I dont know how it works but its something to do with configuring your router so that when your LFS hosts a game in your pc it will allow your friend to connect.

More info about this can be found in the LFS Manual:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/H ... rwarding_.2F_Home_Routers

As stated there, go to http://portforward.com/ and locate your router and find the specific changes you need to make a Live for speed server.
Yes you are right that is connect timed out error.
I have been through the manual which is pretty straightforward.

Anyway when I add the port in my router linksys e3000, it says save successfull and then it is not listed... I guess I will check the linksys forum to see if I get an answer.

Thank you for answer.
Get your friend to try it for his router, so while you wait to sort it out he can host in his PC and you can race together...
Hi loopingz
I had the same problem (if I understand you rightly). I wanted to hold a multiplayer race between myself and One other person. In the early days of LFS this was straightforward, a fancy host name, a password that only you and the other party knew and hey presto, you had your head-to-head race.
Then, mysteriously, some three years or so back, after an upgrade patch the option disappeared and we got "timed out" and on asking for help, were directed to explore the mysteries of "port forwarding". That proved beyond us. So, unfortunately, our head to head battles were ended unless we found a deserted track on Multiplayer which allowed the Fox cars.
At intervals we came back to the LFS forum to seek help but no easy directions to solve port forwarding was to be found.
Recently, two things helped.
One, found a friend who knew about port forwarding.
Unfortunately his explanation was still the kind to induce a glazed look in my eyes!
Secondly, a piece of software called "Teamviewer" became available. With this he could be at his own computer, but get onto my computer (with my password and therefore, permission, and in barely two minutes solve the mysteries of port forwarding for me. I now have head to head racing via multiplayer at my disposal.
On the one hand, I am none the wiser for he was so fast as his mouse whizzed over my screen to sort out "pf" I could never remember all the steps but the problem is solved.
next step. Find someone who knows about port forwarding.
Get the free software of "teamviewer" and see a miracle unfold before your eyes!!
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately my friend is not admin on its lan/router so not possible from its side.

From my side everything is more complicated because I have two router chained.

The modem router is 192.168.0.1 and here is what I have been trying to setup:

I have been trying various combination for remote host and internal host ip without success.

My computer is ip 192.168.1.115 and it is plugged to the second router (cisco) which is 192.168.1.1
It set up this way:

I know it is not the most frequent cabling but I need it this way and I cant change the general setup (eg: removing one router).

Anyone good about that to underline where I am going wrong?

Thanks
You have the same configuration as me and it works ok (or at least it did a months ago).

If you can you could try to enable DMZ on Cisco's router to solve half of the problem :/

PS: french looks very similar to spanish nowadays, doesn't it?
#8 - kdo
ta penser a fermer le firewall ?

do you try to stop you'r firewall ?

Look the maximum Kb/sec , try 1000 kb/sec
Thank you Guys,

I have been doing that on the CISCO:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Anything to set on the other router?

I did not check if it works so far. I will keep you updated.

Si espanol es muy cerca del frances, pero vivo en espana y esto es el jazztel router.

J'ai pas de firewall qui tourne. No firewall set. I can download to 1000 -1500 ko/s under torrent (no emule set even if there is some default parameters on the first modem).
I have been setting up all my stuff in an easier way. Drawback I loose one gigabit port.
Modem enter one normal port on the cisco. I removed the routing capabilities on the cisco. I force IP on my LFS comp and open DMZ to this one on the modem.
I am having fun hosting!

Multiplayer host issue
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG