The online racing simulator
Infinite flawless support ;)
(62 posts, closed, started )
Yeah Racer X, I'm surprised you haven't spouted more conspiracist crap about how Russia is secretly hacking LFS accounts in order to spy on the West. What's being self-employed got to do with it? The Devs run a business in which they should be polite to customers.

I used to work in customer support (before I got into pre-sales and installations thank god for my sanity) and I lost count of the amount of times I wanted to really lay into a customer and call them retards, (for example a companies intranet page wouldn't work in IE6. I tested IE7, IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox and Opera and it worked in every other one. I told them to upgrade because a) it fixed their problem and b) internet explorer 6 is like eating your own poo, but instead of taking my advice I had some Nigerian yelling at me WHAT IS GOING ON HERE I DONT BELIEVE IT WHY HAVE YOU NOT FIXED THE PROBLEM?????!) but at the end of the day you have to be at least pleasant to them.

Another time was how a customer had some login credentials "stolen/lost" and I couldn't reset it because it was an external system outside of our control.. Instead of saying "BLAH BLAH YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, I said something along the lines of "We're sorry you lost your account to <program> but we can't do anything to help you. It's best practise to maintain good security of your account information so you don't lose anything or it's not stolen. We're unable to assist with this matter". I got a THANKS from the customer. You see, I'm basically doing the "it's your problem go away" routine that Victor did in the PM however in a friendly and polite way. It's an email and all it takes is the word "sorry" somewhere (aside from at the beginning of a negative sentence) and then ending with "kind regards" or "many thanks"...so you can still say no but say no in a pleasant manner.

But personal responsibility is a funny thing. 7/10 thefts are preventable. That is, 7/10 times you are burgled because you left a window open, or a door unlocked, left a sat-nav out, laptop bag...weren't "keeping an eye" on your handbag (applicable in your case Racer X)....or it could just be you trusted someone who turned out to be untrustworthy. They are human errors and not deserving of a "won't help you, now piss off" attitude.

So are you saying everyone who's had anything bad happen to them is responsible for it? It's not like a driving license which you can only really lose of have "cloned"... but it's like a PIN code for your debit card. My best friend knows my pin for my debit cards and pretty much all of my passwords to anything and yet nothings been stolen or whatever. Because he is trustworthy. However it's easy to make mistakes. People are not infallible and they cock up and they don't deserve to suffer because of it.

Social engineering is the biggest threat to the world of security, computers, financial, and life in general. It's everywhere, people lie, pretend to be someone who they're not...people are in general good natured and like to trust so they come acropper.

£24 is actually about 20% of my monthly money left over after paying bills, mortgage, car, phone etc, so why should I, if I was in that situation, have to buy another one because one of the developers was too arsey to reset my password for me?

Anyway Russia is not listening and no-one really cares if they were.

Quote from Bmxtwins :It already is setup like that Sir Jamie of Brainpool

Shut up Matt king of the gays :hide:
There's a line between what we're both saying. Cut the crap about your issues and focus on the question.

If people get burged then thats life, your either insured or you deal with it.

If you get shafted online then thats no different to some lowlife stealing your car or stuff in your house.

When you run a business you need to have a model/plan to dealing with your customers, if it's your stuff up then you deal with it, when they stuff up then its their problem.

Sorry but everything I've read about this makes it clear who's problem it is, but it's simpler blaming someone else isn't it ...........
Oh no trouble mate don't shank me.

If their business model is to tell customers to piss off then they won't have business for very long.. As I said there is a way to talk to customers and I think that the response in the OP was rude.

We're past the blame game, we're talking about how to recover from it now..
It's obvious that the devs have lost their minds.

Let's all enjoy the final day's of LFS.
#30 - pipa
You guys are judging one side of the story and jump to conclusions. You have no idea what really happened nor if there was anything prior to this. Without victor explaining his side of the story i will be very sceptical.

Mainly because i have very little trust in anything the OP is telling, just my personal assumption judging the stuff he wrote.

In my personal oppinion there has been the belief, that the customer support is supposed to help every idiot (not that i am implying the op is) with things they could have easily prevented or found out by themselves.
When i done something wrong i ask for help and do not demand it.
I think it is unfair that so many people expect the devs to clean up account theft mess.

If you keep spamming them with this kind of stuff, they will never get time to release s3 and sciroccos etc.

It is the responsibility of ever interent user to keep his/her online accounts safe.

If people want accounts on anything in the online world they need to study on how to keep them safe.

Its not victors job to manage your account for you.

I will give you some tips
1. never click links
2. never download files
3. never trust anyone
4. everyone is out to get your account.

Live by these 4 points and you wil be like me, never ever had an account loss on any online service ever.

there is an account recovery service on the website.

If you cant get your account back this way, then dont bother trying.
Contact the police and report individual, buy new account.

It really is not the devs job to sort it out, though they will probably try.
Too much of this crap going on lately, if i was devs I would tell you all to gtfo and buy a new acc and keep it safe this time, dont lend it to people and dont download files from others in lfs who maybe tempt you with some sort of LFS hacks or cheats.

I think the devs should make a disclaimer regarding account theft/loss and have it printed in the places you would pay for your s2 accounts.

I dont think cleaning up after teenagers is what the devs would class as fair customer service.

the fairness swings both ways, be fair to the devs and look after your accounts better.

When you say infinite flawless support, i say infinite noobish teens who cant look after a simple password.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :. Instead of saying "BLAH BLAH YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, I said something along the lines of "We're sorry you lost your account to <program> but we can't do anything to help you. It's best practise to maintain good security of your account information so you don't lose anything or it's not stolen. We're unable to assist with this matter". I got a THANKS from the customer.

But you lied when you said you couldn't do anything, right?

@ Pipa, this is basically what happened http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76320
Quote from JazzOn :But you lied when you said you couldn't do anything, right?

Well, kind of. It could have been reset but it would have taken the intervention of a third party at cost. If it was our systems, much like administering a network, you can just do it quite easily so we do it without moaning at the users too much.
What would happen if the word got out you could get your stuff back anytime and for whatever reason? I am guessing here, that they wanna state an example.

And btw, Victor said `Sorry`

I've found it quite nice of him :P ;

and even more important, it was honest. Maybe it's just me but i prefer it that way.
Quote from Inouva :The insurance of lfs is "DONT GIVE YOUR GAME / WEB PASSWORD" or any LOGIN DETAIL TO LFS!!!" And that's something that your friend did ( Like not pay the insurance of the car ) So your friend will never gona have back his acc and the one who stole should have a medal and be banned from lfs

OK
Let it be in your point of view ... but ...
Let see in my point of view :

I driving the car (i have insurance on car) and i,m stopping for taking a hitchhiker , after a few ours i,m stopping at a gas station , until i pay for gasoline the hitchhiker stole my car !!!!!!!!!!!

Now i really dont need a new car , I need my old one back !!
So in your point of view the insurance company should say that I was guilty because i taken a hitchhiker ???
The THEFT is THEFT either side we check !!
Quote from jenck :
So in your point of view the insurance company should say that I was guilty because i taken a hitchhiker ???

If you leave the keys in the car, an insurance company is unlikely to pay out.
Complicated situation. To me, it's like riding a crispy bike - wormholes sometimes appear and I can hear the voices of children from 1km away. We must prepare to fight crooks if time travel is possible.
Quote from jenck :OK
Let it be in your point of view ... but ...
Let see in my point of view :

I driving the car (i have insurance on car) and i,m stopping for taking a hitchhiker , after a few ours i,m stopping at a gas station , until i pay for gasoline the hitchhiker stole my car !!!!!!!!!!!

The THEFT is THEFT either side we check !!

You are missing something, YOUR STUPID friend give his GAME AND MAIL PASS to the guy, and the funny party?, he did it more that 2 times.

Is like give the keys to your car to the theft, so you are F** up
If the devs help people that give their account details away, by giving them a new one free of charge, a lot of people are going to take advantage of that generosity.

They have to draw a line somewhere. We know they help people that have genuinely been extorted or conned through no fault of their own, but how can you expect them to give their own money away when someone gave their own license details away?
Sinbad, how would asking for your password to be reset on your account be getting a new account free of charge? :o

Tell me how so I can get another and sell it on Ebay or Gumtree.
I guess the only solution would be to have a secondary layer of security - a secret that isn't needed to use the account but is needed to change the password / personal details.

This wouldn't be necessary if people didn't hand out their passwords of course.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sinbad, how would asking for your password to be reset on your account be getting a new account free of charge? :o

Tell me how so I can get another and sell it on Ebay or Gumtree.

Harummm.... Good point
Quote from spookthehamster :This isn't asking for a new one. This is asking for his back. If someone stole your car, should the thief be allowed to keep it or should it be returned?

In my opinion this is extremely harsh of Victor. Everyone gets conned in some way at some point, to say it's his fault for being conned is terrible, no matter what occurred.

Having an experience like this forces people to learn about the risks, and refusing to return his account just rubs salt in the wounds.

Thets IT ... No other word nedded
Quote from Inouva :You are missing something, YOUR STUPID friend give his GAME AND MAIL PASS to the guy, and the funny party?, he did it more that 2 times.

You fortune inorganic what are you talking about ??? My friend ???
it is my brother if you read between lines you blind, second you talking bullshit allthetime because he didnt share any mail pass ,and what about "he did it more that 2 times" ??? what ...
You are so upset of this story that i have to think that Or you are Kevin or is your relatives because both of you have no any human feelings ,besides you are talking with crapy words!!!

I ensure you that i closing any conversation with you !

..if your iq would be less with 1% ,you would be named as "PLANTS" ..
-
(Rotareneg) DELETED by Rotareneg : Meh
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : dsadsadas
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::iagree:

Fair enough, don't help the guy. But say so in a decent and non-arsey way. Very arrogrant if you ask me (you didn't but I'm sharing my views anyway).

If this is as much of a problem as Victor makes out (as in it happens to lots of people) why doesn't he (being the master code he is ahem) create a simple account recovery procedure? Completely hands off from his end other than implementing it...so it's a win-win.

Allow users to enter a purchase reference number (or whatever, I presume it's emailed to you...if you log into lfs.net you can see it under "license status"... eg LFS19568791552) which then resets their password, or reset your account passwords back to a randomly generated one by clicking on a link which is sent to your email address. Make it so that email address changes can only be done by confirming you have access to the original email account, if you current LFS email is [email protected] and you want to change it to [email protected] then you'd have to click a verification link in an email sent to [email protected] before it would change your email to [email protected].

You're welcome.

Woow..
Exactly the same thing i tought but i didnt want to complain more about , because you see how people we help each other , we support the Cheaters !!!!

Thanx anyway , and i apreciate that there is left people who have solidarity for each other !
Respect!
Quote from Inouva :You are missing something, YOUR STUPID friend give his GAME AND MAIL PASS to the guy, and the funny party?, he did it more that 2 times.

Listen to me Inouva , this topic was born with only one target .The real thing why i was really upset is that i was waiting 3 weeks for a feedback with any solution on my problem !!! This feedback what Victor was written why we could get it 1-2 days after the notification mail of the problem, than sure this topic never "Born This Way "

I apreciate your talent on track, but ... I had never any problem with you until now, but if you use this kind of expression ,then i will like to know you personal , afterwards you will be unable to hold your drivingwheel ,and no god will protect you ,... you can believe me i'm good in that!!!
So the guy goes against the EULA and gives account details away, and then wants his account back? What did Victor do wrong? Not be nice? Aren't we all grown adults here? He wasn't disrespectful, he just told the truth and was to the point.

I remember when I had my PS2 back in 2000whatever. It got struck by lightning and my first response was to open it. That voided the warranty because it was against what the "rules" were. I couldn't get a replacement because of it. Was Sony nice to me? No, and they didn't have to be.

Vic didn't make a quick response because he is done with these types of recoveries (nice that he even did in the first place).

Vic then states "Sorry, but I no longer do these recoveries". Am I missing something? What's wrong here?

Vic did nothing wrong, you were the one that gave away your information, therefore you are the one at fault, not Vic.

You screwed up, suck it up and take fault. No need to blame someone else for your own actions.
Quote from glevente :I apreciate your talent on track, but ... I had never any problem with you until now, but if you use this kind of expression ,then i will like to know you personal , afterwards you will be unable to hold your drivingwheel ,and no god will protect you ,... you can believe me i'm good in that!!!

At least you've learned from your mistakes and you're acting responsibly and within the rules on your new one.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Anyway Russia is not listening and no-one really cares if they were.

Shut up Matt king of the gays :hide:

1. 100% agree that thread starter is to blame.
2. I'm not matt.
Go Vic!

edit*
Quote from jenck : until i pay for gasoline the hitchhiker stole my car !!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, do you have your account insured? I guess not. people usually pay for insurance, they dont buy a car and think it is insured autamatically forever...

secondly:
If you leave your keys in the car, then yes insurance company points definately fault at you. There was similar case around here few years ago: man left keys in, went to a house for a second and some lunatic stole the car and drove it into the nearby gasstation. guess who had to pay for the damages of the gas station (inluding the insured car)?
This thread is closed

Infinite flawless support ;)
(62 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG