The online racing simulator
Infinite flawless support ;)
(62 posts, closed, started )
#1 - jenck
Some of you ,know exactly the story of Gmaksi Vs Xtreme 13.
I'm completly done with hoping humanity further from both player and support side !!!

We got answer after more then three weeks (when i started the ATTENTION topic) and we decide that even Victor didn't treated us humans, we are kind and we Support him again with another £ 24 to help him !

Just for candy i attach a small PM conversation

VICTOR:
" Hi,

Sorry, but I'm completely done with helping people regain access to their account.
It is your own responsibility to keep your account details safe. This is a basic requirement for working on the internet and will only become more important in the future.
Unless it is a security breach on our end, I will not assist people who lost their account in any way.

Victor
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenck
"Hi
I write this message in the name of my brother (gmaksi)

we have a desperated situation , that we have to resolve somehow.
I was playing in multiplayer (made my own server with password the same as my account ) with "kevin" User Xtreme13 and after a while that guy was stolen my password and changed my email and also my country details at 2011.sep.18
Please somehow reset my password because i was earned many points and it is unbelievable how someones could cheat others
I can proof myself , i have the payment licence and i can send you if you gave me an email adress, also i have my brother to prof myself .
Please send me a feedback soon as possible.

Best regards
Galatz Levente (Gmaksi)

I attaching here the proof of my Purchase

Email: [email protected]

Yahoo messenger: galatz_levente

Please reply soon as possible!!
Or please contact me at [email protected] or skype: jenckjenck

Please prove us that youre helpfull
We are waiting more tghan 3 weeks for feedback from you ...please support us better as we apreciate your work alot !!!!

Best regards Jenck Galatz (jenck)

"

"Drive never faster than your Angel can fly"
#2 - amp88
The most important question in this whole saga is:

Did munno give his account login details to someone else?

Answer this with either "yes" or "no", please.
#3 - jenck
Franky500 (moderator) now you can close the topic , CASE SOLVED, CASE CLOSED
Never, ever, give your login details for anything to anyone, not even to the developers or their support. If they do ask you for the details, they probably won't be who they claim to be. Also, use a password that is not easily guess, and doesn't contain any words in any language.

Then you will never loose your account.
Quote from amp88 :The most important question in this whole saga is:

Did munno give his account login details to someone else?

Answer this with either "yes" or "no", please.

Yes and also he give they mail and pass for the mail
consider yourself lucky that he even replied to your complain Jenck. As said many times before it's your responsibility to keep your password safe and they can't give away new licences.

And if you think they are greed of their time, try having an answer from ebay if your account is stolen. The best you'll get is an automated program that'll gives you inaccurate answer.

Hope you enjoy your new Licence!
Great job Victor van Vlaardingen S.M.D.
Just Wonderfull ... was taken 3 weeks to get feedback of "we dont care about your account" and was taken 3 minutes to buy a new S2 Victor van Vlaardingen S.M.D.
#8 - jenck

...no prob. people.. just wait compassion when you will need help ..
Well if he attached the proof of the purchase, shouldn't victor have been obligated to help this person regain control of the account? Assuming the Proof of Purchase was legitiment.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well if he attached the proof of the purchase, shouldn't victor have been obligated to help this person regain control of the account? Assuming the Proof of Purchase was legitiment.

I take a example that was used in some thread about this matter

If someon stole your car, the company should give you a new one?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well if he attached the proof of the purchase, shouldn't victor have been obligated to help this person regain control of the account? Assuming the Proof of Purchase was legitiment.

He broke the EULA:

Quote from EULA :3.4 You must not give your username, WEB or GAME password to other LFS users.

...then he wants someone else to clean up his own mess.
#12 - CSF
I personally don't care about your account neither. Victor ftw.
I canot make up my mind if I agree or disagree on the replies above.
I agree that people should take care of their account information, and be sure that it's kept safe. But at same time, sometimes people do get hacked or worse. Replying and just blaming them is not fair either. Sure, antivirus and internet comon sence get you far, but we canot treat every situation the same
Quote from Inouva :I take a example that was used in some thread about this matter

DONT FORCE YOURSELF TO SPREAD AROUND YOUR SHADE

How CSF says ,his right ... if you dont care about , get off from this topic and have a wet dream

About the stolen car example .... why you shouldnt say that IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE ON YOUR CAR , THEY SHOULD REIMBURSE YOU !!!

..and last time i tell you that there is not so much difference in point of view how devs. not feedback , what if we say we never gave the account data ???? 3 weeks s..ks also ??
... I'm closing this conversation here , feel free JUST RATE YOURSELF here
Quote from Inouva :I take a example that was used in some thread about this matter

This isn't asking for a new one. This is asking for his back. If someone stole your car, should the thief be allowed to keep it or should it be returned?

In my opinion this is extremely harsh of Victor. Everyone gets conned in some way at some point, to say it's his fault for being conned is terrible, no matter what occurred.

Having an experience like this forces people to learn about the risks, and refusing to return his account just rubs salt in the wounds.
Quote from The Very End :I canot make up my mind if I agree or disagree on the replies above.
I agree that people should take care of their account information, and be sure that it's kept safe. But at same time, sometimes people do get hacked or worse. Replying and just blaming them is not fair either. Sure, antivirus and internet comon sence get you far, but we canot treat every situation the same

This reply doesn't acknowledge the difference between losing your account by accident (e.g. by getting malware that compromises your account) and by willingly giving away your account details. Munno gave away his account details. What protection should there be for people who willingly break the EULA and cost the time of the developers?
If the information is shared, then I agree - it's the user's own fault.
But if the user claims to have been hacked without sharing the information, then it would be harsh to not aid him an hand IMO.
#18 - CSF
Quote from The Very End :If the information is shared, then I agree - it's the user's own fault.
But if the user claims to have been hacked without sharing the information, then it would be harsh to not aid him an hand IMO.

He hasn't. In another topic they "produced" a conversation where the guy gave this munnro person the account details.
Either way, its a shitty response from a Dev. Distant and dismissive.

Can't say I'm surprised tho
Quote from HVS5b :Either way, its a shitty response from a Dev. Distant and dismissive.

Can't say I'm surprised tho

Quote from spookthehamster :
In my opinion this is extremely harsh of Victor. Everyone gets conned in some way at some point, to say it's his fault for being conned is terrible, no matter what occurred.

Having an experience like this forces people to learn about the risks, and refusing to return his account just rubs salt in the wounds.

:iagree:

Fair enough, don't help the guy. But say so in a decent and non-arsey way. Very arrogrant if you ask me (you didn't but I'm sharing my views anyway).

If this is as much of a problem as Victor makes out (as in it happens to lots of people) why doesn't he (being the master code he is ahem) create a simple account recovery procedure? Completely hands off from his end other than implementing it...so it's a win-win.

Allow users to enter a purchase reference number (or whatever, I presume it's emailed to you...if you log into lfs.net you can see it under "license status"... eg LFS19568791552) which then resets their password, or reset your account passwords back to a randomly generated one by clicking on a link which is sent to your email address. Make it so that email address changes can only be done by confirming you have access to the original email account, if you current LFS email is [email protected] and you want to change it to [email protected] then you'd have to click a verification link in an email sent to [email protected] before it would change your email to [email protected].

You're welcome.
Quote from jenck :DONT FORCE YOURSELF TO SPREAD AROUND YOUR SHADE

How CSF says ,his right ... if you dont care about , get off from this topic and have a wet dream

About the stolen car example .... why you shouldnt say that IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE ON YOUR CAR , THEY SHOULD REIMBURSE YOU !!!

..and last time i tell you that there is not so much difference in point of view how devs. not feedback , what if we say we never gave the account data ???? 3 weeks s..ks also ??
... I'm closing this conversation here , feel free JUST RATE YOURSELF here

The insurance of lfs is "DONT GIVE YOUR GAME / WEB PASSWORD" or any LOGIN DETAIL TO LFS!!!" And that's something that your friend did ( Like not pay the insurance of the car ) So your friend will never gona have back his acc and the one who stole should have a medal and be banned from lfs
Quote from amp88 :He broke the EULA:

...then he wants someone else to clean up his own mess.

Yes I see that, but not everyone is as fluent in english as we are. Maybe he didn't realize what this "Kevin" was saying. Though I think it is sort of his fault. This isn't like the hacked accounts that had been going on.
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::iagree:

Fair enough, don't help the guy. But say so in a decent and non-arsey way. Very arrogrant if you ask me (you didn't but I'm sharing my views anyway).

If this is as much of a problem as Victor makes out (as in it happens to lots of people) why doesn't he (being the master code he is ahem) create a simple account recovery procedure? Completely hands off from his end other than implementing it...so it's a win-win.

Allow users to enter a purchase reference number (or whatever, I presume it's emailed to you...if you log into lfs.net you can see it under "license status"... eg LFS19568791552) which then resets their password, or reset your account passwords back to a randomly generated one by clicking on a link which is sent to your email address. Make it so that email address changes can only be done by confirming you have access to the original email account, if you current LFS email is [email protected] and you want to change it to [email protected] then you'd have to click a verification link in an email sent to [email protected] before it would change your email to [email protected].

You're welcome.

As if there ever will be an update on LFS, LFSWorld or LFS.net
You guys really have your knickers in a twist don't you.....
( Thread starters ! )

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is a wonderful concept. I've never had any major problem with the devs re any issue I've had with the game or forum ( Even if we disagree ) but as someone who's self employed I don't expect them to apply the bog roll for me either.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LICENCE. Full Stop !

It's not expensive to buy a new licence if you stuff up, learn from the experience and move on ( Please ! )
This thread is closed

(62 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG