The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I did the 75 deal a few years now it's a good deal if you plan on using it, which I don't anymore. Too many empty promises (or allusions) - seems to be the modus operandi of the genre so far.

Phil I don't know what you mean by that (for a change)

Ironically WoW actually IS a great game though as you say. Some people take it pretty damn serious though which I guess is your point.
Sifting through the forums including this one I get the impression that iracing has put out alot of empty promisses. I was a little surprised myself at some features that have been in sims since gtr2 are not even in iracing. I can't find people of my own skill level to race against either which is a little frustrating. There are the fast guys who are a second or two faster than me and there are guys who are two or three seconds slower than me all in the same race. I'm usually the last guy on the lead lap in the SM races...lol. I think I have a week to make up my mind I guess.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Phil I don't know what you mean by that (for a change)

I just don't like WoW, not even the thought of it. Of course I've never played it, and never intend to. Never had the stomach to. However the WoW and iRacing comparison I like, mainly because I'm disliking iRacing so much right now I can put it in the same category as WoW (plus the pay to play).
Quote :This video is unlisted.

Quote :Adding comments has been disabled for this video.

that's not much fun now is it
Quote from boothy :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvO86WL-9uk&hd=1

Stop paying, stop playing.
Either that or form a protest group, get about four people who race in the same split to qual near the front then when an official race goes green block the track making it impossible to race. You inform the pack b4 race start of what you are doing & why.

You can spam the voice chat or audio chat with your message.
Basically kick up a shit storm. Rinse & repeat until iR threaten to terminate your membership. You have rights, you paid for that sh!t.
Quote from boothy :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvO86WL-9uk&hd=1

But boothy, thats because our sets are wrong. :rolleyes:

That's why the fixed series, they give us a set that gets destroyed by them too. Did they not test the sets? It's a fixed series afterall...

Quote from anttt69 :Stop paying, stop playing.

I was with you here.
Quote :
Either that or form a protest group, get about four people who race in the same split to qual near the front then when an official race goes green block the track making it impossible to race. You inform the pack b4 race start of what you are doing & why.

You can spam the voice chat or audio chat with your message.
Basically kick up a shit storm. Rinse & repeat until iR threaten to terminate your membership. You have rights, you paid for that sh!t.

But then I lost you here.

Sadly I renewed for a year way back on one of the 75% deals in the early summer or spring. My sub runs out next May or June. I won't be paying for anything, but still sucks I gotta sit around at it. Feels like a wasted $75 to spend, but that was their plan all along.
Quote from menantoll :A fully paid up member of the iRacing defence league.

I've posted my idea for pick up racing, well fun races every half hour, in the suggestions forum. I'm just waiting for the defence league to tell me how wrong I am now.

I posted in that thread as well.
Just make all Open Practise sessions to be multiple short races! That way you can join mid session or jump out when you have had enough, hmm that would just be like LFS then and lets face it there is probably no better format for pick up racing
Quote from jasonmatthews :
This is my opinion on the current sim racing situation for me (purely my opinion)

Iracing never attracted me, I doubt it ever will be.
Rfactor neither, maybe with Rfactor2
NKPRO, didn't test it out lately but the UI really sucked when I tried it last year.
LFS until 2012, I agree.

If there is no news anymore when we enter 2012 then the focus here switches to NKPRO far more seriously. It's no coincidence that I choose a neutral name at the time .
Quote from cargame.nl :
NKPRO, didn't test it out lately but the UI really sucked when I tried it last year.

Yeah, because that's the deal breaker when it comes to choosing a sim...
Quote from cargame.nl :Iracing never attracted me, I doubt it ever will be.
Rfactor neither, maybe with Rfactor2
LFS until 2012, I agree.

If there is no news anymore when we enter 2012 then the focus here switches to NKPRO far more seriously. It's no coincidence that I choose a neutral name at the time .

Netkar is amazing. Biggest head scratcher for me about netkar is why there aren't more drivers.
Quote from Jshort :Netkar is amazing. Biggest head scratcher for me about netkar is why there aren't more drivers.

This.
We should create a movement!
Well I'm often looking for a decent server. The problem probably is there being thousands of people who open up the server list and just close it in disappointment rather than everyone joining up
Quote from Jshort :Netkar is amazing. Biggest head scratcher for me about netkar is why there aren't more drivers.

Well, it feels the best to me off all sims. But I've heard the netcode isn't good.

And then there are bad aspects. The skid noise is ghastly. And in the garage, you start the engine and you begin rotating on the spot. Thinking aloud here, I believe the Pacejka magic formula is normally fitted to be optimised at a particular speed range...or something, and will produce worse behaviour at the other end. I thought NKP was meant to have a theoretical model rather than an empirical/Pacejka type, so I'm wondering what that's all about?

Then there are those invisible marshalls with yellow flags. I'm scared of those flags. I keep thinking they're operated by ghosts of dead racing drivers.
Quote from The Moose :Yeah, because that's the deal breaker when it comes to choosing a sim...

Actually, yes.

Amount of control, InSim stuff.. Its not matchable by any other sim.
Quote from Postman Pat :Well, it feels the best to me off all sims. But I've heard the netcode isn't good.

And then there are bad aspects. The skid noise is ghastly. And in the garage, you start the engine and you begin rotating on the spot. Thinking aloud here, I believe the Pacejka magic formula is normally fitted to be optimised at a particular speed range...or something, and will produce worse behaviour at the other end. I thought NKP was meant to have a theoretical model rather than an empirical/Pacejka type, so I'm wondering what that's all about?

Then there are those invisible marshalls with yellow flags. I'm scared of those flags. I keep thinking they're operated by ghosts of dead racing drivers.

The latest update improved the netcode quite a bit. It's now raceable foresure. As for the sounds I like them. Very raw and unsynthesized, if that's a word. But I guess it's in the ear of the beholder. As far as I know the tire model in netkar is "theoretical" but I'm not sure. I know that if you slide around too much you heat em up and they get greasey. lol. Right now Kunos is the man in sim racing. hahaha.
The pace car gets stuck on pit road in oval racing? That's funny stuff.
Quote from cargame.nl :Actually, yes.

Amount of control, InSim stuff.. Its not matchable by any other sim.

The idiocy in this post is beyond words for me....
Quote from RedBullGivesYouWings :The idiocy in this post is beyond words for me....

There's no idiocy in his post. Besides you're a demo player - don't argue with S2'ers or you'll get a few forum whores attacking your bum
In the last month I have gotten 3 emails from iRacing with promotions to get me to come back. I also got one in July as well as a special one year offer a couple of weeks ago that I think was for both former and existing subscribers. That is probably as many offers as I have gotten in the whole two years since I left the service.

Add this to the people who seem to be unhappy with the new tire model and the fact that they don't have very many high interest series that they haven't already included and I start to wonder if they are having some money problems.

Anyone have any information that counter this idea?
Quote from codehound :Anyone have any information that counter this idea?

Not really. They keep saying that John Henry has to keep forking in money.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG