The online racing simulator
DFGT how to set Force Feedback to simulate resistance close to RL
Just get myself DFGT and want to set FFB to simulate the level of resistance i would get in RL, since i dont have a car I dont even know how strong FFB should be, to be a close to rl as possible.

And since its my first wheel I have no idea what is the quality of those things, all I could found on internet is discussions that DFP was a good and sturdy wheel and so DFGT should be as good as DFP and voices that DFGT is easier to break than DFP but since i never had DFP its weak reference point for me.
So I guess beside setting FFB as close to reality as possible, next question should be, can DFGT handle this level of resistance for a long time without going in smokes or losing all of its cogs.
I mean FFB strength set to 30 in LFS produces quite kick on the wheel and since its all plastic inside i wonder about lifespan of the wheel.

So if someone have DFGT and know how long this thing last, what kind of resistance it can handle for a long time (couple of years for example) and still work fine, what is FFB strength that can damage the wheel your hints would be appreciated.
50% FF in LFS here, 101% in logitech profiler, 0% spring/damper effect.

Closest to RL would be 100% but that would make you sweat after 10 minutes into the race.
And how about construction/materials quality of DFGT.
How long will it hold with FFB set to lets say 50 for example or even 100?
Doesn't matter, Logitech support will send you a new one if your one breaks. :P
And yet I want to know how durable are those things.
Beside where I live to exchange something it takes like a month.
You give the thing back to the shop then wait for a week b4 they send it somewhere then another couple of weeks while they look for a tiniest scratch that might prove the damage was your fault and then another week if they send you a new one.
And I dont think i can go back to PS2 pad for a month (Well technically I could but I'd rather not screw the wheel in first place)
Quote from Chupacabras84 :And yet I want to know how durable are those things.
Beside where I live to exchange something it takes like a month.
You give the thing back to the shop then wait for a week b4 they send it somewhere then another couple of weeks while they look for a tiniest scratch that might prove the damage was your fault and then another week if they send you a new one.
And I dont think i can go back to PS2 pad for a month (Well technically I could but I'd rather not screw the wheel in first place)

Err..

With Logitech, they send you a new one without you having to ship broken one to them, and shipping is free and fast (UPS 5-day shipping).
I dont know would this be the case in my situation.
I bought this wheel in a small shop near me and if wheel gets screwed i gotta bring it back to the shop I have no idea why would logitech send me another wheel just like that (Tho having the old one for spare parts isnt the bad thing).

Anyway why are we talking bout warranty i just bought it i hope it will work long I just wanna know how durable it is preferably coming from someone who had this wheel for a long time, someone with first hand experience.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :I bought this wheel in a small shop near me and if wheel gets screwed i gotta bring it back to the shop I have no idea why would logitech send me another wheel just like that (Tho having the old one for spare parts isnt the bad thing).

Cause Logitech prefers doing warranty service themselves instead of the retailers. When I bought mine, it had little paper in it that said something like, if it breaks, contact logitech support, don't return it to shop.
I've had DFP for a while. I've done over 5000km with XFG in LFS with it and it's still as good as it was when it was new. The brake pedal's spring sort of lost it's resistance and is somewhat easier to push now.

Regarding FFB - go for 101-105% General, 0% damper/spring/center and ingame - change to taste. Some cars are heavier, some are less. My ingame setting for FFB used to range from 15 to 40 depending on the car.

-EDIT: Also this
what I did on my DFGT (which btw feels like new after 2 1/2 years of hard treatment, and I bought it used ...) is using a script to map the red Manettino wheel to adjust forcefeedback.

and for the brake pedal, cut a little foam ball in half and put one half in the opening behind the pedals arm.

I mean a ball like this:
Quote from E.Reiljans :100% but that would make you sweat after 10 minutes into the race.

What? What kind of car have you driven xD Real car would be about 105 from profiler and 25-40% from LFS.
Quote from TamelCoe :What? What kind of car have you driven xD Real car would be about 105 from profiler and 25-40% from LFS.

Yeah, but you don't drive a real car like you drive in LFS.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Yeah, but you don't drive a real car like you drive in LFS.

Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with resistance comparing. I would like to see a car which has same resistance in steering than lfs with 100/100 ffb

Even something like stock e30 without power steering doesn't have so much resistance to it.
#14 - bkss
I guess you boys have never driven a 1993 Fiat Punto. The steering resistance is solid.

DFGT how to set Force Feedback to simulate resistance close to RL
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG