The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Damn, it runs horribly slow on my system. The settings dont seem to give any effect when i change from high to low etc. Very unplayable at this point. I will wait a bit, maybe there will be some perfomance updates or some stuff.
Thought about trying the beta and after enduring the long lasting timeout errors and slow bf3 beta download from origin, it wanted to install some EA plugins for my web browsers before even allowing me to connect to any servers?

Now, I had already pretty much decided not to buy BF3 due to EA being serious douchebags, but this was the final decider for me. Uninstalled both the beta and the crappy origin program. Shame, as I was looking forward to playing the game.
Well how else would you connect to the servers then? It literally took me 5 seconds to download / install that plugin...

But I agree, the whole Battlelog idea is extremely dumb. Alright, the stats and all that are good, but having the game run through it is just terrible...

But oh well, beta is beta, there is still time to improve it and fix the issues.

Also, trying to join a Caspian border server is pure nightmare.
Quote from Matrixi :Thought about trying the beta and after enduring the long lasting timeout errors and slow bf3 beta download from origin, it wanted to install some EA plugins for my web browsers before even allowing me to connect to any servers?

Now, I had already pretty much decided not to buy BF3 due to EA being serious douchebags, but this was the final decider for me. Uninstalled both the beta and the crappy origin program. Shame, as I was looking forward to playing the game.

What's wrong with a plugin to play the game? Does it make your PC slow/crash/freeze? Does it annoy you that it takes so much space on your harddrive? There's a reason why it's a beta; to fix the bugs we encouter now like the timeouts. Give it an actual try before saying it's shit.
Downloading it right now...
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with a plugin to play the game? Does it make your PC slow/crash/freeze? Does it annoy you that it takes so much space on your harddrive? There's a reason why it's a beta; to fix the bugs we encouter now like the timeouts. Give it an actual try before saying it's shit.

I never said the game is shit, where did you get that from? It propably plays great.

What I don't agree with is EA wanting to install unneeded bloat/DRM on my computer when there is absolutely no need for it. What's wrong with a good old fashion CD-key and an ingame server browser/menu system? All EA are doing with this silly stunt, is trying to prevent privacy, yet again with the expense of the consumer.

Therefore they aren't getting any of my money. Same deal with any Ubisoft title these days. I'm even on the fence regarding Bethesda (I _really_ want Skyrim..) with their retarded legal battle with Mojang.

If people simply keep buying the games that these rotten publishers are pushing out on their rules instead of the developers, the future of gaming will be grim.
runs great on my machine, yay
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : nvrmnd :D
Quote from Matrixi :I never said the game is shit, where did you get that from? It propably plays great.

What I don't agree with is EA wanting to install unneeded bloat/DRM on my computer when there is absolutely no need for it. What's wrong with a good old fashion CD-key and an ingame server browser/menu system? All EA are doing with this silly stunt, is trying to prevent privacy, yet again with the expense of the consumer.

Therefore they aren't getting any of my money. Same deal with any Ubisoft title these days. I'm even on the fence regarding Bethesda (I _really_ want Skyrim..) with their retarded legal battle with Mojang.

If people simply keep buying the games that these rotten publishers are pushing out on their rules instead of the developers, the future of gaming will be grim.

I didn't say you say the game is shit. I was talking about Origin etc.

I agree it's lame you HAVE to use these things...
germany.... you gotta love it.

If you try to download the beta via origin program it doesn't work because in germany you only can download the game between 23 and 6 H... (youth protection)

If you go via ea it goes to facebook and tells you that you have to click on like (............... ) then you get to a page that tells you how easy it is to get started. So you click on it. While you are still in facebook, that page is totally overloaded and asks you to come back 10 minutes later. If you are lucky enough to get on that page, it asks you to type in your ID card number for the youth protection (........... ) after that (if you are lucky enough to not time out) you have to type in your name mail adress and choose what platform and click next again... dunno what happens then because never managed it to get further... (everytime you timeout you get back to the first facebook page....)

any ideas?

I mean i wanna download it atleast... its 4 gigs

Edit: well for the time being i download it atm via 360..... (well... i know but i really wanna see it now. (xbox pay money to be online.... but then it atleast works.) gonna bother with the pc version tomorrow)
Quote from -NightFly- :Downloading it right now...

Just my luck...

Stuck at '0.00%'.

edit: a restart did the trick.
Quote from Bose321 :I didn't say you say the game is shit. I was talking about Origin etc.

I agree it's lame you HAVE to use these things...

Well, worse is that you have to have something for EVERY publisher.... you need Steam, origin, ubisoft stuf, punkbuster, game spy, whatever. everything about 50 mb. i mean it adds up end everything wants to boot with your pc... that adds up too. I had no problem at all if EVERYTHING would be in steam. But always having to download 30 programs (and eveything of course bombards you with adds (origin is even searching your pc for all software and leaving the room to sell their collected data to 3rd party stuff) sucks.

Edit: wohoo can play on 360 . Well on xbox you pay... but at least you know what you get for it . Well see you tomorrow when its running on my pc . (xbox has lol graphics and stupid controlls )
My virus program just detected a TR/Patched.Gen malware threat in bf3.exe_DiP_STAGED file.

I have set to ignore for now, but am a little wary. Anyone else getting virus detections from the beta?
Quote from Electrik Kar :My virus program just detected a TR/Patched.Gen malware threat in bf3.exe_DiP_STAGED file.

I have set to ignore for now, but am a little wary. Anyone else getting virus detections from the beta?

Time for a proper anti-virus perhaps? What are you using atm?

Aslong you got it from official DICE/EA sites I wouldn't worry.
Sorry, I should have mentioned- I'm using Avira.

Yes, downloaded from the Origin manager.
This game is awe so me!
This is pretty much the game I've been waiting for since I've been playing games. CoD is dead.
Me in steam.

Quote :Dilbert: Shotgun so weak wep0n that it wont kill a man in close range. Instead, the other guy will pistol me in the chest few times and im dead

Quote :Dilbert: They have this weird iron sight and weird recoil so if u shoot 1 bullet, ur wep0n flyes all over the place and is impossible to shoot that 2nd bullet into same place

Quote :Dilbert: But i like the sound. Gun sounds in BF3 have less "boom" sound on them. BC2 has nice sounds too but they sound too explosive at some point. In BF3 u can hear the wep0n mechanics working etc.

Quote from hazaky :Me in steam.

Welcome to the not-CoD world .
It's hard, almost like in RL. As i've shot from different weapons many times before in my life (in and out of army), i find that BF3 has gotten pretty close by the feeling, i'm impressed.
Quote from -NightFly- :Welcome to the not-CoD world .
It's hard, almost like in RL. As i've shot from different weapons many times before in my life (in and out of army), i find that BF3 has gotten pretty close by the feeling, i'm impressed.

Im not a Cod fan. Ive played cod4:mw online about 2 or 3 times. Maybe im just used to BC2 since that doesnt seem to have much recoil on wep0ns.
I don't find it that difficult. The sniper seems too easy, or is it just me? I joined the server, unplugged my wheel (was making the menu go insane ) and then chose SVD for laughs and killed 5 straight people. Something is wrong surely.
Its good. Can't wait for the heavy vehicles to roll in...
2nd game here. I swear the SVD is too easy. The movement reminds me of my old sniper days in DoD:S. Move and shoot isn't that hard at all.

I even no-scoped my way to get a couple bomb defuses.
Attached images
BF32ndgame.png

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG