The online racing simulator
shifting problems with lag
(5 posts, started )
#1 - RasKK
hello,
i have problems with up/down shifting as soon as people are connected to servers which are lagging a bit for me. normally everything works fine, but as soon as someone has a bad latency and is minimal jumpy, only every 5th or 6th shift works, sometimes it shifts also 2 or 3 gears at once then.
i dont have problems with other games, and also not with lfs when beeing offline or having no-lag-peeps on the server.
my comp is NOT overclocked, and i have no memory faults (at least memtest86 says so ..). i cant really tell since when i suffer from that, as i was not playing lfs from mid 05 to march 06 ...
is there any way to fix that ? or does anyone know what could cause (curse?) this ?
thanks in advance, raskk
#2 - RasKK
*push*
know that problem...also happens sometimes when sombody goes out of the pits, but i think then its cuz lfs trys to download the skin.
really no idea
As far as I know we all get it, Usually when someone joins the session, obviously people with faster computers will be less affected but your not alone.
#5 - RasKK
mhh well, ive noticed that this problem can occure everywhere on track, but it happens more than everywhere before turn1 from blackwood .. kinda strange, the fps also get a bit lower there, but still more than 30, so i think this should be the problem.
sometimes i think it has to do with sound, but i havent tried driving without sound by now .. will test that later

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG