The online racing simulator
Thursday 'Fun Run'?
(16 posts, started )
#1 - X-Ter
Thursday 'Fun Run'?
I was thinking about setting up a little relaxed event on Thursdays with the TBO class cars, but I don't know if there is an interest since I see very few servers running TBO cars.
Anyway... The idea goes like this:

Thursday 22:00 CET
TBO Class Cars

Two races of 30km in length.
Qualify before first run.
Second run in reverse start order.
Passenger weight penalty as this

1:st - 4 passengers
2:nd - 3 passengers
3:rd - 2 pasengers
4:th - 1 passenger

Overall winner select track for next week.
Points will only be used to keep track of overall winner.
No "season points" will be kept track of.

Any takers?

--- Edit ---
I was thinking of using the slickmod, but I'm having trouble with it after the testpatches (not compatible?) so until that problem is solved, we would have to use standard tyres.
Sounds good.

Although 4 passengers is too much IMO.
count me in, after racing TBO class at FE Gold on the dSRC server yesterday, it was much fun
4 passengers is TOO much

I suggest
1:st - 2 passengers
2:nd - 1 passenger
#5 - X-Ter
I know it's much, but it's the only thing that'll keep the speed deamons at bay
Serioulsy though. I did some testing, and with the slickmod active, it doesn't effect you that much in those cars. But I guess we could go for less passenger weight until we can use the slickmod properly
well.. its thursday..

btw, whats the name of server?

(and what time is that GMT :S)
#7 - X-Ter
I'm setting this up for testing tonight, just for fun. Server will be up and online at 22:00 CET which means something like 4pm Eastern US time.
Remember, it's just for fun

I'll select the first track: Blackwood GP
Server name will be: SCORE:TCC
If possible, i am interested in it

EDIT: NEED TO LEARN TO READ
#9 - X-Ter
Ok, we're on in about an hour.
After a bit of testing without the slickmod, I think the above posters where right, 4 is too much. So we're going to go with:
1:st and 2:nd place = 2 passengers.
3:rd and 4:th place = 1 passenger.

See you on track
almost ready to qualify, if you want to join, get your booty in server SCORE:TCC now!
Original idea is back on. After two official fun run races as Blackwood, it's clear that 4 passengers is nothing against a speed deamon

So...

1:st place = 4 passengers
2:nd place = 3 passengers
3:rd place = 2 passengers
4:th place = 1 passenger

Next track will have to be chosen by XCNuse
that was fun

here are my ideas for next week though

MUST be a private server; after a while to many people that had no idea what was going on joined in and didnt listen

will need full administration the whole time running for people that dont listen

and my idea for this is to keep everyones time about the same
in the end i landed up adding over 700 lbs to run a 1:30ish time at Blackwood (which i started running 1:27's at end lol) it was clean races, but i think it would be more fun if we had closer races by adjusting balasts (passengers and fuel amount) to average out the times

FYI for all interested i was running 1:24's in the FXO with 30% gas
with full passengers i ran 1:28's and 1:27's nonstop
with full passengers and a full tank of gas, i had a TON of grip, and landed up getting from 1:30's to 1:27 on last lap with an average time of a 1:29 flat
Let's not make it complicated, please. Let's stick by simple rules, like those above. And... the only races that "count" is the first two after qualifying. After that, it's just for plain laughs.
And let's not spam the server with chat messages while racing
well no its not complicated; its just... even after weighing my car down with over 700 lbs with a full tank and 5 passangers... i could keep up with everyone else ,.. :S
Yeah I know. And in just about every series or leage or pick up race, there are going to be drivers that are slower and drivers that are faster. If enough people are on the same server, the over all racing will be awesome, I'm sure
But It's plain wrong to punish someone for just being fast. If he/she is fast AND a winner, well then we punish them
It was great fun...i'm in again next time

Thursday 'Fun Run'?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG