The online racing simulator
Mic not working
(4 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
Mic not working
Hey guys,
I've posted something like this before I know, but now I am a little less noobish, and this is really pissing me off.
Anyway, I have a 25$ headset with a mic. It has two plugs, a red and a blue. The blue is plugged in and that works fine(speakers). However, my mic I have plugged into the back of my computer, into the 'mic in' slot. It matches the colour on the mic plug, and I've plugged it there before and its worked. I just got my computer back from repair, so I set up skype again, and my mic isnt working. I'm on win 7 and ive gone into the control panel under hardware and sound-sound-recording. There, ive made every option my default device(one at a a time) and selected them in skype, but the mic still doesnt work.
Thanks for the help,
zay
#2 - jnich
no, and i don't know why you would

Quote from Zay :Hey guys,
I've posted something like this before I know, but now I am a little less noobish, and this is really pissing me off.
Anyway, I have a 25$ headset with a mic. It has two plugs, a red and a blue. The blue is plugged in and that works fine(speakers). However, my mic I have plugged into the back of my computer, into the 'mic in' slot. It matches the colour on the mic plug, and I've plugged it there before and its worked. I just got my computer back from repair, so I set up skype again, and my mic isnt working. I'm on win 7 and ive gone into the control panel under hardware and sound-sound-recording. There, ive made every option my default device(one at a a time) and selected them in skype, but the mic still doesnt work.
Thanks for the help,
zay

Quote from jnich :no, and i don't know why you would

what??

Anyway, make sure all relevent drivers are installed and working.
If that fails go into control panel - Sounds and Audio devices. Have a play there and see if it gets working.
Ive had alot of problems with that too, ive gotten it to work but dont remember how. I dont have a mic anymore and even if i had, i'd stick it to my new Titanium HD.

Mic not working
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG