The online racing simulator
Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
Damn thing wont install for me. The setup just brings up an error - 0x80070006

Something to do with xliveinstall.dll ?

This is why I hate Games for Windows Live... Brings nothing but problems for me.
#52 - JJ72
i think you need games for windows live running in the background while doing it? yeah it is annoying as hell.
What like sign in and stuff? I dont even have an account on that crap...

Freaking bullshit...
#54 - JJ72
you will need an account to play anyway, I know, it's shit. Game took 5 seconds to load but 20 to get through all the log in stuff everytime.
Alright so I used my Xbox Live account to sign in and it worked, but the error still comes up when I try to launch the setup.

Also gives me 2 log files...

-------------------------------
Logging Started: 09/23/2011 13:42:57
Source Folder: F:\
OS v6.1 (build 7600) 64 bit
OS Product Type: 0x00000001
User Default LCID: 0x0809
(13:42:57) Initialized
(13:42:57) Loading F:\xliveinstall.dll
(13:42:59) Exit code: 0x80070006

And...

EXE: F:\Setup.exe (1.0.0.0)
DLL: F:\xliveinstall.dll (3.2.6.0)
(13:42:57) Comparing 'F:\xliveinstall.dll' against 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XLiveInstall.dll'
(13:42:57) FileTimes are different comparing version #'s now
(13:42:57) XLiveInstall.dll system version: '3.2.6.0'
(13:42:57) XLiveInstall.dll local version: '3.2.6.0'
(13:42:57) Using local DLL

No freaking idea whats going on. Re-installing GFWL didnt work either.
Quote from DevilDare :Alright so I used my Xbox Live account to sign in and it worked, but the error still comes up when I try to launch the setup.

Also gives me 2 log files...

(13:42:57) Initialized
(13:42:57) Loading F:\xliveinstall.dll
(13:42:59) Exit code: 0x80070006

And...

EXE: F:\Setup.exe (1.0.0.0)
DLL: F:\xliveinstall.dll (3.2.6.0)
(13:42:57) Comparing 'F:\xliveinstall.dll' against 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XLiveInstall.dll'
(13:42:57) FileTimes are different comparing version #'s now
(13:42:57) XLiveInstall.dll system version: '3.2.6.0'
(13:42:57) XLiveInstall.dll local version: '3.2.6.0'
(13:42:57) Using local DLL

No freaking idea whats going on. Re-installing GFWL didnt work either.

http://forums.steampowered.com ... .php?t=2130267&page=2

Maybe that is any help?
Ok I have tried this game so far... There is improvement comparing with 2010, I liked KERS and DRS which seemed to work properly. The game with its scenario and interface is really similar to previous year game.

I have started my career with Williams team. I set AI level to professional, all aids are off. So it's intresting, 'cos if u look at the time table, it's pretty same situation as it is in real f-1. Maybe the capability of the team is the same as in real life? 'Cos basically always ferrari, mclaren, red bull are at the top, and virgin, lotus, hrt at the bottom... However, it's intresting also that I manage at actual tracks to do even top 5 time, but at others i can barely do top15 or even off top15... the race pace is quite good, but damn I cant lose the guys behind me... they alway on the tail... no matter how hard I try... It's also intresting, that they can stay at this position whole race... They are not so agressive at overtaking.. just need to turn a little to any side and they release throttle.

I have done I guess 15 stages so far.. the very last stage was hungary which was pain for tires... needed to do unplanned pitstop, cos tires just overheated... My most succesfull track: Valencia where I qualified in 6th and finished race in 4th, I got my 12points which I have in overall right now lol... The most painful downfalls were at Montreal and Niurbungring where I qualified 2nd and 2nd and finished race in 14 or 15 and 18th... (the weather in Montreal was heavy rain.. so all race I kept my third place until last lap where i just spun at hairpin) That's all.

P.S Effects on rain is just incredible
So is this REALLY a good game?

2010 was okay, got bored in 2 weeks but if this really is better then Im gonna buy it
#60 - JJ72
can't fault it really, at least on a good PC. PS3 has framerate issues.

My biggest complaint is the shitty camera choice for Replays.
Quote from JJ72 :My biggest complaint is the shitty camera choice for Replays.

My 2 biggest complaints are yet again as following:
1. Why the F no multiplayer replays?
2. Get some realistic TV cams please!
Has anyone had any joy using triple screens and SoftTH? I have drawn a blank and resorted to using the centre screen on its own which is not so good
Guys, a question.

I was driving a multiplayer session a few mins ago, and all of a sudden I get disconnected whilst loading the cheering of race 2.

This caused my game to run in to an infinite loop of Loading...

When pressing Alt+Tab to try and solve it my game went from full screen to windowed.

And now it's darn windowed just like my F1 2010.

I want it full screen, anyone knows how I get it back?
alt+enter
Quote from DejaVu :alt+enter

Thanks, that really helped out!

@All

Just done my first carreer race at medium diffeculty and no assists except for ABS and medium TC.

I took pole and finished first.

I even lapped a car somehow, whilst never seeing it on track.

Webber came second, Button third and Vettel fourth. My teammate Sutil well without the points this race.

However, Force India is standing second in the standings, so my boss is pretty pleased with me.

Tomorrow after F1 Qually, I'll do Malaysia!
To be fair, if your getting first in force india, you should use the next difficulty level
Quote from DejaVu :To be fair, if your getting first in force india, you should use the next difficulty level

Nah, I want to win.
In personally, I rather pick harder level to race at random consequences.. I mean... If it's too easy to win for you at your current level and nobody can compare with you - it's just not intresting... Picking harder level is a great challenge and if you do finish at the bottom and at every race you feel bad after downfall, u trying much more at another race and succeed in better position - it's great feeling... It's like little win For example: with almost hard level (ai professional) i do finish as I said in the middle of the field or more at the bottom, it's really nice to finish in top10 sometimes... I've managed to finish top10 twice (that's is something incredible) I think it's the same feel like the real f-1 mid racer scores his first points in his season and he knows that with his car it's hard to do, so points = win, so the same here.. So it's quite close to reality
Can you still recover from every spin by grabbing the brakes to flip yourself back straight?

Also, have they given the cars the correct cockpits? It really bugged me that all the cars had the same wheel last year, it looked extremely out of place in the Red Bull.

What's damage like?
Take it you haven't checked any screenshots or videos yet?

Spins can't be recovered by stamping on the brakes, i've already tried it.

Wheels for each car are now the correct ones for each team, they look great.
Did the first career race at Melbourne with Williams. Qualified 17th, finished the race 15th. Actually had some bizarrely fun racing with the AI, although when coming up on lapped cars they annoyingly shift over when you go to overtake as they seem to assume you will stick to the line you're on. It rained throughout qualifying and for half of the race. One issue I picked up on was that the track dried out before the raindrops had stopped visually falling, so I assumed I should stay on the intermediates when I needed to be on the prime/option tyres. Other than that, great fun! It's no Netkar Pro, unfortunately, but it's bearable once you set your wheel up to your personal comforts. The game runs extremely smooth on my PC, unlike 2010, and in my opinion looks far far better. It looks much more realistic than all the silly, overdone post processing effects from the prequel.
I also started with williams, i am playing on expert w/ no assists and I can barely hold off Barichello in 2010, i was able to hold off Red Bulls on expert, but that is Not Gonna Happen in 2011...

launching the car @ the start is way too easy now.
Quote from JJ72 :can't fault it really, at least on a good PC. PS3 has framerate issues.

My biggest complaint is the shitty camera choice for Replays.

It's my biggest complaint of Codemaster's Dirt engine.
Is it just as crap as 2010 was, or worse?
#75 - Uke
Actually, It's much better.

Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG