The online racing simulator
ipod touch and wifi (dun dun dun...)
(6 posts, started )
It's a long shot, but can anyone help me with getting my 1G ipod touch to connect to my wifi?

It finds the network, validates the password and says it's connected but if I try to actually use anything (like Safari or the app store), it just sits there with the twirly 'waiting' icon and says 'loading' or 'connecting'. If I go to my router's interface in a browser, I can see the ipod connected there, and it says it's connected on the ipod's network settings page. I also get the little wifi signal strength icon at the top of the ipod's screen, showing full strength.

The router is about 6 months old and is running the newest firmware and is using WPA2 encryption.

In the ipod's network settings, I found it wasn't being assigned an IP address by the router (it was showing a 168.xxx address) so I had a look on the router's browser interface on my desktop for the connected device and tried manually setting the various addresses from there in the ipod's settings. I switched to a static IP for that device on both the router and ipod.

Current settings are:

IP Address 192.168.1.65
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Router 192.168.1.254
DNS 194.72.9.38

These were all taken from the router's browser interface. I take it the 'router' address above should be the internal IP of the router?

There's also a setting on the ipod for 'Search Domains' which is blank, do you think anything needs to go there?
Double check that the MAC address of the iPod touch is allowed in the router?
Perhaps you can try putting the router's internal IP to the DNS field too. If you router has a DHCP enabled and it doesn't assign an IP to your iPod, it's certainly odd... maybe you can reboot the router, I do it quite a lot with mine...
It is DHCP enabled, and rebooting doesn't help. The mac address is fine according to the router.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It is DHCP enabled, and rebooting doesn't help. The mac address is fine according to the router.

Did you try the "Renew lease" button? Sometimes it helps.
Try putting the router in wireless g mode, i.e. turn off wireless n. I have to do that with my ipod touch 2g.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG