The online racing simulator
Replays In Mpeg Format
(10 posts, started )
#1 - ORION
hmm a wmv that show all possible camera positions, from all cars... ?
not really makes me feel comfortable
so the suggestions is useless, specially because you can record those replays with programs like fraps.
Replays In Mpeg Format
I think replays should be in mpeg or wmv and so on formats that are compatible with windows media player and things like that so we can edit them and stuff.
Quote from Dyllaann :I think replays should be in mpeg or wmv and so on formats that are compatible with windows media player and things like that so we can edit them and stuff.

Not possible to do it like that. The replays save (AFAIK) the throttle inputs etc. etc.

Just fraps the race if you want a video.
#4 - SamH
The amount of CPU usage and disk usage that would be required to do this would make LFS completely unusable. The system as it is - MPR files - is definitely a better option than this. You can make your own videos from an MPR, using programs like Fraps.

[edit] Sorry Duke. I must learn not to hang about, making posts
#5 - joen
Even if it were possible the devs would have to pay for licenses to use mpeg or wmv in their product.
So just use fraps and the output is perfectly editable.

edit: something like xvid would be a free alternative to mpeg or wmv, but like already said, it can't be done.
Just adding my complete lack of support for this idea.
#7 - herki
good thing: you can rewind mpgs
bad things: all the useful options (tabbing through cars, changing the view,...) would be gone

=> stick with the mprs
Quote from ORION :hmm a wmv that show all possible camera positions, from all cars... ?
so the suggestions is useless, specially because you can record those replays with programs like fraps.

ne wmv datei wird zu riesig mit x vielen kamerapositionen
Translation: A wmv would be too huge with that many camera positions.

Quote from Bob Smith :Just adding my complete lack of support for this idea.

Quote from Trekkerfahrer :
Quote from Orion :
hmm a wmv that show all possible camera positions, from all cars... ?

ne wmv datei wird zu riesig mit x vielen kamerapositionen

so how many on the road to Berlin?

Replays In Mpeg Format
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG