The online racing simulator
The Cameron Corns Story
(16 posts, started )
The Cameron Corns Story
Yay, right? A story about some guy that hasn't done hardly anything in his LFS career. Well, For those who do know me, this is for you. This is the best way of saying thank you that I know of

If you are cold hearted or don't want to hear some guy with a really good life pour a little bit of his heart out, then please do not read.

I'll be as breif as I can be with this. Okay, well, you might have found out, one of the biggest things in my life has always been motorsports. I love everything: Road Course Racing, Rally Racing, Demolition Derbys, Skid Plate Races, Figure 8 Races, Truck/Tractor Pulls, Oval Racing (pavement or dirt track), and even ATV racing (remember that one).

Being a yound kid in a middle class family here in America I got a Quad (4 wheeler) for my 6th birthday. I was out running it around as fast as it would go in circles and around road courses that I woud make in the fields that were old farm lands where my parrents had build their house. They were always muddy, and sliding around was unavoidable. In a weeks time they'd grow back because the tires of the quad wouldn't tear up all of the roots of the weeds.

I'd always loved NASCAR racing, just simply for that fact that I knew all of the drivers, and it was the type of racing which almost everybody in America would be able to talk about. My classmates wouldn't know anything about F1 or British Touring Cars or World of Outlaws or anything of that sort, but I watched them when I could find them on, and liked them as expected.

Eventually I got older, and my father bought me a 250 Quad for my 14th birthday. Still not the speed I wanted, but I didn't have to room to top out the speed on anything with much more power anyways. Finaly I talked my father into allowing me to use the large front field and I took the tractor out and plowed up a track which I though would be the funest to drive (dirrerent apexes, non-symetrical corners, and a mix of sharp and sweeping turns) though it is gone now, you can still see the over view of the track by visiting Google Maps and searching for "2700 Chandlersville Rd". It was .38 Miles long at the center grove and I turned thousands of laps around it to the distaste of our neighbors more than an half mile away

That was my life. It wouldn't last long though.

Last summer (just after I found this game) my life and world was turned upside down between my 15th and 16th birthday. (Old enough to know exactly what was going on, and young enough to be effected by it I later analized)

My parrents drug me through a very rough divorce. We lost the house, we lost the land, and I lost the one thing that I had in my life: My abilty to satisfy my need for racing (yes, I had people over to race with on it all the time )

Anyways, I'm not going to go into the particulars which tear my up on the subject, but I pushed myself entirely into the world of LFS: (look at my LFSworld stats around Feb. of 2010) but as things continued to get worse, baseball (April Until the end of May) took the role of that, but my mind wasn't correct for that at all (I am really good at baseball, but I was hardly good enough to play that year due to lack of concentration), and it was the worst year of my carrer. It happened right at the moment that I needed it to go correctly (first year of High School). It killed my already weakened desire to succed at baseball, and left racing as the one thing in life which brought me joy.

Time passed, and I wore out my wheel (with the divorce, buying a new one was out of the question, and still is as it draws on, our accounts continue to be frozen , and I entirely was lost and didn't know what to do with myself. I hung with friends and such, but I'm not the kind who enjoys time with friends all the time.. maybe once a month or so, and I'm good. It just drains me for the most part, so this winter was pretty rough.

Finally, I decided that LFS and running events was the best thing I could do for myself. I ran a few poorly thought out events, but that didn't really help either. (Realistic NASCAR Event mainly was the one that people showed up to before running away from my events due to the poor quality that the first few events were).

I'd always needed an outlet for my fusteration, anger, sadness and everything of that sort, so LFS and utanks have together forfilled that. Utanks doesn't allow me to put my heart into something 24/7 like LFS does. That's why Realistic NASCAR has been putting on such a frequency of events. (keep my busy, and keep my racing blood flowing rather than kicking at me from within)

My dream had always been to put on a league like New Demention Racing does with LFS Cart, or the Kyoto 250 and 500, but I'm basically broke since I'm under age and my parrents can barely live with their joint bank accounts froze, and everything has to be borrowed or made for free for my racing dreams. Things just aren't going to be as high quality as what their events are for free, and I know that

Today, I finally had something like that happen with Round #1 of the World TBO Championship Series. Still short of the full grid that I so desire for, but a 20 car starting grid is nothing that I'm going to complain about. I'd like to thank [MRc] for the server, Speedy J of Cargame.nl, Kid222 of nFinity Motorsports, and EVERYBODY who came out for today's Japanese 250. You don't know what you guys have done for me and my broken soul.

Between you and the amazing girl that I now have I honestly don't know if there would still a heart beating within my chest (not literally, I'd never kill myself, but... I would be much more than a broken and damaged person.)

I don't normally spill my heart like this, but I think the best thing that I can do to pay you guys back for what you did for me, is to let you guys know what you have done for me .

I'm looking forward to Round #2 on the 25th, but don't think that I won't keep thinking back on Round #1 everytime that I am down this week in order to pull me out of that depression.

Dear LFS Community, Thank you! :lfs::heyjoe67_cooper:
I thought livejournal was invented for this.
You are welcome, fellow American.
Hey, cool story and I'm glad things are working out for you.
Quote from Cornys :(Realistic NASCAR Event mainly was the one that people showed up to before running away from my events due to the poor quality that the first few events were).

Quote from Cornys : New Demention Racing does with LFS Cart, or the Kyoto 250 and 500

Every league/event has to start somewhere. Just check out the 2008 Kyoto 250 replay for epic lolz. Even after about 2 or 3 total restarts there were still many accidents of truly epic proportions.
Quote from JO53PHS :Every league/event has to start somewhere. Just check out the 2008 Kyoto 250 replay for epic lolz. Even after about 2 or 3 total restarts there were still many accidents of truly epic proportions.

I'll have to look at that
Damn, over 120 races in one day... and i thought FM-Failure was crazy.

Well, i hope things turn better for you soon. Seems like all the worst stuff happens to good people.
Quote from Kid222 :Seems like all the worst stuff happens to good people.

My theory on that is that bad things make good people . That's just one of my life theorys though. Thanks for the help yesterday once again
#9 - hp999
The ending sounds rather rough, hope everything works out for you!
It's nice to know that with this ever so screwy community we still manage to make someone happy from time to time.
cool story bro
I honestly don't see anything worth bitching about?

Your parents bought you two quads, and you had plenty of land to play around on...thats a hell of a lot more than i had when i was those ages...Then suddenly your free quads are taken away, and instead of caring of worrying about your broken up family, the only thing you can think of is WOE IS ME I CANT RACE ANYMORE?

Like, seriously? You have a shitload of growing up to do...specially if you ever decide to move out of home

I'm also deeply concerned a video game can bring you so much happiness...
Quote from Klutch :I honestly don't see anything worth bitching about?

Your parents bought you two quads, and you had plenty of land to play around on...thats a hell of a lot more than i had when i was those ages...Then suddenly your free quads are taken away, and instead of caring of worrying about your broken up family, the only thing you can think of is WOE IS ME I CANT RACE ANYMORE?

Like, seriously? You have a shitload of growing up to do...specially if you ever decide to move out of home

I'm also deeply concerned a video game can bring you so much happiness...

Quote from Cornys :If you are cold hearted or don't want to hear some guy with a really good life pour a little bit of his heart out, then please do not read.

No, racing's not all that I cared about, but that's what's relevant to this community. I'm not going to put personal issues and such onto this forum.

It's not that LFS brought me serious joy, as much as it just gave me an outlet and distraction from more serious things.
Quote from Cornys :I'm not going to put personal issues and such onto this forum.

Except that you already have.
Quote from Klutch :Except that you already have.

Indeed I have, but that was not the way in which I intended that phrase. I was meaning the in depth, deeply personal issues.

The Cameron Corns Story
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG