The online racing simulator
Thinking about building new system ... opinions?
I'm thinking its time to get build myself a new system. The one I have atm is from 2006/7, an Athlon 64 4000+ (single core), 2GB Ram and a Radeon X1650Pro.
Its 32bit, not fast enough for 1080p HD video stuff, uses XP, too slow for Windows 7, so ..

I need a PC that's quiet on everyday internet/word use, fast enough for LFS with Fraps and maybe games in general (I'm not that much of a gamer but like to try some from time to time). I already have an ATX case with a 400W Enermaxx and a X-Fi Music.
Plus having good experiences with AMD and ATI I'd like to keep in their territory. Budget is round 400€

Any ideas guys?
400 EUR = 550 USD according to Google.

This should work, but your PSU will be pretty much maxed out (this GPU is 225W max., CPU = 125W and HDD+mobo = ~25W, that leaves only 25W remaining

prices seem to differ quite a bit. Now I only need to know how much money I made last month
Attached images
Clipboard03.jpg
Dump that shitty WD for Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB. Here's why.
Also, overpriced mobo - why you chose that MSI over ASRock I posted? Is the ASRock not available in Germany? :3
Also #2, HD6870 is cheaper than HD6850. No idea why but it's like that.
I didn't find the right Samsung the first time, I found one that had quite bad comments.

I choose the MSI because in combination with that CPU it can unlock the 2 deactivated cores in the X2 (if I ever need to), and the ASRock one has bad comments on the chipset cooler, which seems to be too big for some CPU coolers and any card in the first PCIe slot. And I once had a ASRock board fail on me, so ..
Err..
1. that chipset cooler works fine even with XBOX HEUG Creative X-Fi Titanium HD and E-MU 1212M PCIe.
2. It's fine for Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and Noctua NH-D14
3. You just had bad luck, I had 2 ASUS mobos died on me but it doesn't makes me think ASUS mobos are bad :P

Edit: this is my 1024th post which makes it geeky and therefore true.
#7 - dadge
Quote from e.reiljans :err..
1. That chipset cooler works fine even with xbox heug creative x-fi titanium hd and e-mu 1212m pcie.
2. It's fine for cooler master hyper 212+ and noctua nh-d14
3. You just had bad luck, i had 2 asus mobos died on me but it doesn't makes me think asus mobos are bad

edit: This is my 1024th post which makes it geeky and therefore true. :d

+1
whatever, recieved parts today and just finished building it. Put in my old XP drive to copy my stuff when I get my Win 7 (MSDNAA), and to my surprise it booted even tho I changed almost all of the hardware. Put new drivers on, short test shows a 200fps jump in LFS. And that just with the RAM 32bit allows.

btw, I found some cracked/boiled elcos on the old mobo, near the RAM slots ...

Thinking about building new system ... opinions?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG