The online racing simulator
Demo User - Training
(8 posts, started )
Quote from kemical :ah righto, well is it the training lessions where you have to overtake the other cars fixed? because everytime i do it, i get in the lead the a jerk hits me from behind and it says "I" had a collision and i can never get past this.

You can skip this lesson and go on to the next. I eventually managed to pass this lesson on "pro" level, but only after I had done lots of single player races against AI.

If you're just starting to learn LFS, then it's a pretty hard lesson. The AI has lots of AS (Artificial Stupidity). Also, in training mode you can't choose your setup, and the default one is not very good for mouse drivers.
Hiya...

I think the game is really awkward to control with a mouse/keyboard as the game is trying to be a real as possible.

I have a game pad (2 anologue sticks... and some buttons etc) and I use that, its not ideal by far but its managable to play fairly ok with.

My advice would be to see if you can get yourself a cheap gamepad or even better still a wheel + pedal set if your really into the game.

As for your question... I have no idea - sorry
try adjusting you mouse settings.

If you reduce your Mouse sensitivity in windows LFS takes it's mouse speed from that and take of any acceleration you may have within the windows control panel. That should give you back some control. Also, reduce your dead zone as much as you can in the control options within LFS (I can't remember what figure I was using off the top of my head).

Reducing the Steering degree (Once your racing) will give you even more control of your steering inputs.

Hope that helps you in some way. The community doesnt really support trying to 'cheat' through anything. So we'd rather help you as much as we can to enable you to get better by yourself. But in answer to your question there are no saved games for you to use. You don't particularily need to do the lessons, they don't unlock anything or give you hidden features. So other than the teaching they arn't nessesary to progress in LFS. It's all about the racing.

Welcome any way.
#4 - Gunn
Quote from kemical :Im finding it really hard to complete the figure 8 mission and over taking in the GTI because i have a really dodgey mouse and i tried using the keyboard setup that is just wierd fullstop after using a mouse. Is it possible to download like a saved game which has them completed?

Have you tried just starting a single player game or starting/joining a multiplayer game instead of doing the training? I get the impression that you think you might have to complete the training or something. Sorry if this is incorrect.
Quote from kemical :Ok thanks i adjusted my steering a bit, loosened it up makes it a little bit easier, but don't you have to complete the training so you can unlock more cars? thats what im under the impression of, you can only drive the cars that you are up too in the training. GTi, GTR, GTR Turbo. And im trying to get the MR2

MR2?

Buy LFS,then you can drive all cars and tracks
You have to get S2 licensed (~ 60 AUD) to drive the other cars, you cannot unlock them
Demo is limited to GTi, XR GT and XR GT Turbo.
#7 - Lible
1. The cars are XF GTI (XFG), XR GT (XRG) and XR GT Turbo (XRT)
2. You can't unlock other cars with training. You have to buy a license.
3. You don't have to do the training.
4. You can't do anything about AI, LFS is still in alpha stadium and everything isn't finished, including AI.
5. You actually can download a "save game" but it's no use, because the only thing you can do with that savegame is to show it to your friends . Ok, i forgot that you can do the lessons after the one your stuck at.
Join the Licened community mate and then you can drive any car you wish to.. .

Demo User - Training
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG