The online racing simulator
Private modded server
(14 posts, started )
Private modded server
Hi. I want to run a private lan server with tweak enabled for some messing about.

Is there anyway to do this?
#2 - troy
Does it need to be lan only? Right now you can also host a normal multiplayer server with /modified=yes and a password to run tweaks.
I set modified yes and cars don't match host cars when trying to play
#4 - Bean0
The server needs to be running the same tweak/slickmod/etc as the clients.
I believe setting up was like this:
Run LFS in single mode,run Tweak,load your desired settings. Then leave single player mode,start a new host from your LFS without shutting it down,share Tweak's settings with a mate,he must run Tweak and load these settings and then he will be able to join your server.

Never actually tried this,only red somewhere instuctions...

Talking about the slickmod - is there any for the new patch?
I've played on servers (pre 0.6b) where it was possible for everyone to run their own tweaks, is that not possible with this new patch?
Can't answer on that,already said all I know about tweaks... But maybe try change tweak settings when already in server? Just suggesting.
There are such servers online, with couple of ppl online every time.
Quote from KiRmelius :There are such servers online, with couple of ppl online every time.

So how do you make one?
You need a modded LFS dedi .exe file which disables OOS completely, but those can't be posted here. Google is your best friend.
Would some one be so kind to private message me a download link or a link to LFS version 0.6A3, I've found a modded dedi for only 0.6A

I'll just underline the fact it is strictly for private use for some messing about with two player tweak.
You don't need LFS 0.6A3 client,because 0.6B is compatible with 0.6A host! Check LFSWorld - very much hosts still running 0.6A (even cargame) and everyone can join!
But if you really need older versions,you can found them in gamershell.com
Quote from Eclipsed :You don't need LFS 0.6A3 client,because 0.6B is compatible with 0.6A host! Check LFSWorld - very much hosts still running 0.6A (even cargame) and everyone can join!
But if you really need older versions,you can found them in gamershell.com

Ah ok, I'm still stumped how to get one up and running i've been searching for a good 3 hours now. I keep getting auto kicked from my own server saying my cars don't match the host.
Quote from FPVaaron :Ah ok, I'm still stumped how to get one up and running i've been searching for a good 3 hours now. I keep getting auto kicked from my own server saying my cars don't match the host.

Yeah same here. I've been searching and trying for ages now i think heh.
Anyone who knows what to do here?

Private modded server
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG