The online racing simulator
Yaroslavl hockey team killed in a plane crash
#2 - Agniz
also latvian
Such a great players as Rachunek and Skrastins now gone...
It is really sad. Reminds crash of Manchester United team. Just imagine being a fan whole team disapears. :bluegrab::bigeyes2:
just found out the list of the players. can't imagine some of them: Karel Rachunek, Karlins Skarstins, Pavol Demitra, Jan Marek, Stefan Liv, Ruslan Salei... even if you don't follow hockey regulary, you should know at least couple of these massively skillful players...
Pavol Demitra will live forever!!! The legend cannot die!!!
Also other great players from other contries are gone, I am very sad especially for those from Czech Rep as we used to be one team ( I am form Slovakia ). SAD SAD SAD...
#8 - Mysho
Imagine also families of those dads and such. That is the most horrific and scariest thing... I have to say RIP to all of great players and that such a tragedy happened right to them.

We will miss you guys. Such a sad day.
Yeah, i myself still cannot believe it, i was selfishly hoping, that at least one of the survivors was czech or that they didn't even get aboard... proper hit under the belt.

RIP
Mothers of players getting heart attacks and dying in front of their families together with their sons. Christ, stop it already. I have no words how painful must be this for those families who loose son one day, mother the other day... No words can describe.
Quote from Mysho :Mothers of players getting heart attacks and dying in front of their families together with their sons. Christ, stop it already. I have no words how painful must be this for those families who loose son one day, mother the other day... No words can describe.

O_O

This is a tragedy. I have nothing to say
One great news heard about this awful tragedy, Ruslan Salei wasn't at the plane, he was in Minsk atm of the accident
So this list isnt final list... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokomotiv_Yaroslavl
Not much relief but every survived makes good news.

Strangely, hit with radiomast was at first published as the reason... well, radiomast is a wire on a stick... not much more.
Quote from Stig209 :One great news heard about this awful tragedy, Ruslan Salei wasn't at the plane, he was in Minsk atm of the accident

That's what I heard too, but soon after that it was found not to be true. I kinda liked a lot of players who were on that plane. What happened is pretty sad, I guess that a catastrophe can strike anytime and anyone...
Quote from AndRand :
Strangely, hit with radiomast was at first published as the reason... well, radiomast is a wire on a stick... not much more.

It'll still do a fair bit of damage to an aircraft.
Collision with an antenna near the runway wasn't the actual cause of the accident. I don't think it really matters if the plane collided with an antenna, tree or a building, since it failed to gain altitude after takeoff, it would've hit something sooner or later anyway. I can't quite figure out what could possibly hamper a plane so hard and so suddenly that it could neither take off and go around nor safely abort the takeoff.
R.I.P.

Very bad summer for hockey
Quote from Mysho :Christ, stop it already. I have no words how painful must be this for those families who loose son one day, mother the other day... No words can describe.

Well, you can only avoid accidents.

Unless you find them on purpose. Then to stop them you should call them terrorist attacks and fight like terrorism - cutting off means, supply, communicatin, logistics. If you insist accidents on purpose are just accidents you will loose.
Here in Poland we have a lot of accidents on purpose. We lost.
Quote from MadCatX :Collision with an antenna near the runway wasn't the actual cause of the accident. I don't think it really matters if the plane collided with an antenna, tree or a building, since it failed to gain altitude after takeoff, it would've hit something sooner or later anyway. I can't quite figure out what could possibly hamper a plane so hard and so suddenly that it could neither take off and go around nor safely abort the takeoff.

The reason of not enough power would be investigated - engine failure, fuel contamination etc.
tragedies like this always pushes tears into my eyes...literally I was extremely sad since I've read about it...first I couldn't believe it...then I started to think how difficult it must be for their relatives to suddenly find out they are forever gone considering how sad people like us are ...who didn't even know them personally
deepest sympathy to all the families and friends and also to whole countries which were struck with this tragedy...
We will miss You...and as I am from Slovakia the most of all I'll miss Palo Demitra...he was a true living legend of Slovak ice-hockey always willing to leave everything on the ice for our colours.
Let them rest in peace in hockey heaven
Video of the crash from the antenna which their plane hit.

It's in Slovak, but you just have to scroll down under those pics and you will see that their plane was 5-10 metres in air, usually in this area it should be around 400 metres - the reason of the crash which you can see there was failed take-off due to speed.
Latest news are, that there was problem with the engines, they could fly it and land it with 2 of 3 engines running, but couldn't take off. Something went very wrong there.

Also the news about dead mother of one of the players was fake, she was reported to arrive to Minsk.
Quote from Kid222 :Latest news are, that there was problem with the engines, they could fly it and land it with 2 of 3 engines running, but couldn't take off. Something went very wrong there.

That's not exactly true. The official news released by IAC (official Russian committee that's in charge of the investigation) says that
Quote from IAC :
Before the aircraft took off, the stabilizer was set to 8,7° climbing position and the flaps were at takeoff position - 20°. Engines were working when the aircraft hit the obstacle.

There's no mention of an engine malfunction, though it doesn't explicitly say that the engines were working properly. Also the fact that Jak-42 can't take off with only two engines sounds like utter BS. Even Jak-42D overloaded by 500 kgs with engines working at 91 % of maximum performance still has a better thrust/weight ratio than DC-10-30 - a plane that by FAA rules must be able to take off after engine failure beyond V1 speed.
I'm getting a bit sick of it, as if what happened wasn't sad enough, media have to spread BS just to have something to write about.

Quote from Kid222 :
Also the news about dead mother of one of the players was fake, she was reported to arrive to Minsk.

If it's true, it's good news

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG