The online racing simulator
Play LFS in Slow Motion?
(13 posts, started )
Play LFS in Slow Motion?
I know it's possible to view replays in slow motion (to some limited degree; I wish you had finer control over the time speed).

But is there any way to drive cars while the entire game is slowed time? In single player of course. Similar to to the 'slomo' cheat in Unreal engine-based games.

I predict the answer is no, but I'll take a shot asking anyway...
You could try speed hacking on Cheat Engine
And even if you tried it online you would time out/OOS/whatever :P

(PS: This isn't speed hacking like people use to cheat with, but changes the speed of the whole game, so the packets and everything are sent slower/faster, and therefore gets thrown out of sync )
I heard someone mention that they told LFS their CPU clock was running at a different speed and that caused LFS to run at a different speed. Keep in mind that LFS will still have an FPS limit, and that it will actually be lower since it's playing in slow motion. Also I don't have a clue how to do this myself and don't know whether it would be safe so I can't recommend it.
Quote from jrs_4500 :I heard someone mention that they told LFS their CPU clock was running at a different speed and that caused LFS to run at a different speed. Keep in mind that LFS will still have an FPS limit, and that it will actually be lower since it's playing in slow motion. Also I don't have a clue how to do this myself and don't know whether it would be safe so I can't recommend it.

LFS's FPS limits are 6000 fps for external camera, means you'll have 60 fps even if you slow it down 100x.
Quote from jrs_4500 :I heard someone mention that they told LFS their CPU clock was running at a different speed and that caused LFS to run at a different speed. Keep in mind that LFS will still have an FPS limit, and that it will actually be lower since it's playing in slow motion. Also I don't have a clue how to do this myself and don't know whether it would be safe so I can't recommend it.

Might be true, happens in GTA SA, one mission is impossible to make without hacking, if your cpu is slow. And when playing multiplayer it's easily spottable, some guys just drive slower.
#7 - BMB
Worst thing about cheatengine is that you can hotlap with it
Play a replay at 0.250 speed (F2/F3) and record with fraps at 30fps, and when editing speed up the parts you don't want to be slow.

Example ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jhkeJvIjKY

OMG why would anyone want to use slow motion for playing, thats for movies!!!
Quote from BMB :Worst thing about cheatengine is that you can hotlap with it

How that's bad? It's way harder to drive fast in slow motion. Only helps for drifting with like 500hp XRG with turbocharged 2.6L i6..
Hold P while playing, lol.
Why would I wanna play in slow motion? I don't know, just for fun I guess. It can be pretty relaxing and helps unwind.

Basically, I wanna experience something close to this.

It was inspired by this video.
Wet race tracks on LFS would be sexy Slow motion... not something I'd really think is needed.. for me on LFS anyways.

Play LFS in Slow Motion?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG