The online racing simulator
#1 - Be2K
Some more good releases this year or not ?
Scawen wrote on one of his last progress reports that he expected some good releases this year. So well there are only 3 Month left if we dont count this month.

But we only got some bug fixes and an open Config Layout. In my opinion Scawen was hoping for some bigger releases of his development improvments or ?
Probably nothing this year. (although we got update)
i think it will just be refinements and a couple more rogue ideas thrown in to a patch to test some stuff out
Quote from Be2K :...there are only 3 Month left if we dont count this month.

Didn't know a year in Germany ends on November 30th?

Better leave this subject alone, there has been a lot of similar ones with long and painful discussions.
News will be there when Scawen finishes the job... whenever that might be
Well, I gues the post you mean was THIS... well look at the date
I won't be holding my breath.
If the patch will be in this year, it will be light type. Without new physics, etc. But in my opinion already, already, it is already time. At least learn from Scawen on how much % of the work on the new physics of tires.
Quote from Be2K :...there are only 3 Month left if we dont count this month.

what???

and to the title question: no... [probably]
Quote from [Audi TT] :If the patch will be in this year, it will be light type. Without new physics, etc. But in my opinion already, already, it is already time. At least learn from Scawen on how much % of the work on the new physics of tires.

I doubt they could put a % on it. The complexity of building an accurate new tyre model probably means they could be either 10% there or 90% there. Not until all the BETA testing is done will they know where they are,.
I doubt it though it would be nice if the devs showed us something to look forward to.
IE: Video preview of where it's at, even if it's not complete it would still be nice to hear about some progress in more detail than "we're working on it"
A video preview would be pointless because they could be showing something that'd be totally scrapped within a weeks time.

I think the iRacing NTM controversy proves why these things can't be rushed. They are insanely complex and take YEARS to get anywhere near right. If simulations were simple McLaren wouldn't continually build rubbish cars out of the block.
Want car.

And physics...........

........Bye now
Well, at least the pictures s3 on the completed tracks, a report on small progress of physics of the tires. And do not necessarily VWS shoot her we saw. Better than anything out of the TBO (salon for example.) Is just a small report on which is not necessarily developers to comment.
if s3 is ready for all these game conventions we've seen it at in the past, i don't see why it's not ready for us. but that's just me.
Quote from bunder9999 :if s3 is ready for all these game conventions we've seen it at in the past, i don't see why it's not ready for us. but that's just me.

The only S3 content we've seen is Rockingham. VWS is S1.
Who said S3 was just a simple content/physics update like S1 to S2? They could re-structure the sim itself to help bring more old racers back and create better longevity.
thats the problem, thay aint talking..
#18 - War
I like to think that the devs are on to something alot bigger than they have posted/reported so far, but realistically I think they struggle with the physics etc.

Tho I'm always looking forward to some news.
(I secretly hope they'd make some track that has high elevation changes and forest surrounding all around. Also narrower tracks would be more interesting and challenging aswell)
Releases? Oh wait, the ones that was supposed to be released 3 years ago?
Quote from Be2K :Scawen wrote on one of his last progress reports that he expected some good releases this year. So well there are only 3 Month left if we dont count this month.

But we only got some bug fixes and an open Config Layout. In my opinion Scawen was hoping for some bigger releases of his development improvments or ?

Clearly your opinion was not well informed.

A lot of people around here seem inclined to discount the most recent patch. To them, I advise you read the release, and take into consideration the fact that it took months to complete. If I recall correctly, Scawen had spent several weeks on it before releasing test patches.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :A lot of people around here seem inclined to discount the most recent patch. To them, I advise you read the release, and take into consideration the fact that it took months to complete. If I recall correctly, Scawen had spent several weeks on it before releasing test patches.

does that include the 6 months he took off for moving? z28 to now is roughly 21 months.

i'm not going to sit here and badmouth scawen completely, he did make some noticeable improvements in that time, but we're still no closer to s3 than we were in december 2008.
Quote from Cameltoe :Releases? Oh wait, the ones that was supposed to be released 3 years ago?

^
Scawen already told that this is the reason why they wont talk to us. If he says "We PLAN to do [insert content here]" and things don´t go as planed or they realise it wouldn´t fit to LFS people will start spamming around like it "was" with the already mentioned S3...

And a progress report will be this: "I am still working on the tire physics, because they just won´t act the way I want. Now leave me alone I have to code"

The only thing I don´t understand why he doesn´t release a IMPROVED version of the tire physics. I mean are really THAT many people focusing on hotlaping? I mean he says the physics got a lot better but still has some flaws. Well the current physics also have flaws and I guess that would make most people happy.

Edit: and btw,

Quote from bunder9999 :z28 to now is roughly 21 months.

We are since x month on 0.6B ^^
Quote from John5200 :^
And a progress report will be this: "I am still working on the tire physics, because they just won´t act the way I want. Now leave me alone I have to code"

what about an progress relese from eric ?? about some content in s3..

its not like (i hope) its only scawen thats working.

eric should have done some pretty good stuff during thees years of completly silence,,
#24 - CSF
Quite honestly, Scawen saying nothing is probably a positive thing. I have every faith that something will be out in the coming months, and in terms of physics and potentially other things, I expect it to be top quality. I simply don't believe that the only thing that has been done is a track and a car in the last 3 years. If that time has been put into developing lazer technology, then that is time well spent and means that tracks will be easier to scan in the future. Quite simply, I can only see good things coming from this extended period of silence/development. No release dates = more chance to get things right. In the end that is what I feel LFS has done since day one more than any other sim. Got things right.

Roll on the patch.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :what about an progress relese from eric ?? about some content in s3..

its not like (i hope) its only scawen thats working.

eric should have done some pretty good stuff during thees years of completly silence,,

dunno probably also because of:
Quote from John5200 : If he says "We PLAN to do [insert content here]" and things don´t go as planed or they realise it wouldn´t fit to LFS people will start spamming around like it "was" with the already mentioned S3...

But yes Eric seems to work on S3 content

Quote :That is quite apart from the fact that Eric is working on S3 content at the moment. I think it is ok for me to say, that he doesn't like being asked to switch from one thing to another. Some people like to switch tasks all the time - I have no choice - but Eric does not like that, he likes to stay focussed on what is is doing. This is sort of "my" patch and I don't think he really wants to be involved. Not that I have asked him - I've already explained above, we don't want to put the hotlaps out of sync. I've gone into a lot of detail how one thing led to another on the road to this patch.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG