The online racing simulator
Demo can watch s2
(11 posts, started )

Poll : Demo can watch how to proceed on s1 and s2 server!

Yes demo users may be allowed to see how to proceed on server s1 and s2
No demo users should not be allowed to see how to proceed on server s1 and s2
I Dont know
Demo can watch s2
Hi all, i have a good idea, lfs can sell faster s2 license, my plan is to make a option for the lfs devs, that Demo users can join the s2 or s1 server, but they can watch only how play LFS S2 players

Demo user can't chat
Can't join the race
Ect.

Please vote for this
#2 - hp999
It has already been discussed here
There's LFS Remote for that. If you have servers' admin password, you can even use chat! :P
Quote from E.Reiljans :There's LFS Remote for that. If you have servers' admin password, you can even use chat! :P

What i meant is that you can click on lfs s2 server, so that you can watch in lfs self
So they can make the server FULL and the s2 players can not join the host and the race? Blah
It'd put a lot of extra stress on the server's bandwidth so the admin would have to have an option to disallow such demo spectating. Other than that I think it's a good idea to show the demo racers what licensed racing on a good server can be about.
Quote from MadCatX :It'd put a lot of extra stress on the server's bandwidth so the admin would have to have an option to disallow such demo spectating. Other than that I think it's a good idea to show the demo racers what licensed racing on a good server can be about.

it wouldn't be that problematic. Demo users cannot race and cannot do anything, so they just need to be able to recieve the packets, but not send them. That way you don't need a Server slot. Just the way remote works
Quote from TFalke55 :it wouldn't be that problematic. Demo users cannot race and cannot do anything, so they just need to be able to recieve the packets, but not send them. That way you don't need a Server slot. Just the way remote works

Sure, but if you're on a poor connection that's pushed to the limits by running the server alone, a bunch of spectators might be enough for the server to start lagging. Of course there's a plethora of way how to deal with it, ie. kick spectators first in case players start lagging, have different packet/car limits for racers and spectators, not transfer some data (like chat messages) to the spectators at all,...
Quote from BOSCHO :So they can make the server FULL and the s2 players can not join the host and the race? Blah

+1 this is true

And demo drivers can watch at youtube for S1/S2 content.
Quote from Tim NL :+1 this is true

And demo drivers can watch at youtube for S1/S2 content.

+1 to Make a video broadcast on each server via youtube. But to look with the different types or different pilots. In my opinion you need a separate program dedicated to the LFS for the live broadcast of the server, well, something like LFS review S2 skins. And there is also repeat temp which is created when you are on the server, but what if somehow repeat can be played back without going to the server? I.e. for example repeat cargame.nl s2.mpr click to watch and see. But the economy of transmitted packets will not, extra load on the server.
Quote from [Audi TT] :+1 to Make a video broadcast on each server via youtube. But to look with the different types or different pilots. In my opinion you need a separate program dedicated to the LFS for the live broadcast of the server, well, something like LFS review S2 skins. And there is also repeat temp which is created when you are on the server, but what if somehow repeat can be played back without going to the server? I.e. for example repeat cargame.nl s2.mpr click to watch and see. But the economy of transmitted packets will not, extra load on the server.

He didn't even suggest that. I think your google translator got mixed up.

I'm -1 for the idea myself anyway.

Demo can watch s2
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG