The online racing simulator
Quote from AndreABG :does anyone know where on the grid MSC will be placed (behind the ones that didnt make the 107% (if they are allowed to start)???)

he'll be definitely 24th because he was the only one not to set a time.
Quote from DarkTimes :That's a pretty good point, actually. Although it could never happen, it would be utterly fascinating to put the bottom six drivers into a top car to see what sort of lap times they could muster. I reckon the results would be quite surprising.

I always thought Senna wasn't a particularly good driver, given his performance last year. He was no faster than his team mate(s), and Christian Klien came in and immediately went a lot quicker than Senna in qualifying.

But the past two days has really changed my view on him. He is quickly becoming my second favourite driver.
BTW can't wait for F1 at Sky. Getting cut-off for rugby... tut tut.
Quote from Intrepid :BTW can't wait for F1 at Sky. Getting cut-off for rugby... tut tut.

Ahh you... You do love to stab at the beeb every now and then, dont you?
haha it was just too easy.
Quote from Intrepid :haha it was just too easy.

It would be much easier to hate the BBC if Doctor Who wasn't on in four hours.

Edit: Also it's Bill Hicks night on BBC4!
Quote from DarkTimes :It would be much easier to hate the BBC if Doctor Who wasn't on in four hours.

You disappoint me.

Still to this day I am trying to find out whats so good about it, and fail every time.
It's awful, you're not alone.
Quote from DevilDare :You disappoint me.

Still to this day I am trying to find out whats so good about it, and fail every time.

It's hard to explain, but Doctor Who is funny, inventive, clever and entertaining, and so few shows are these days. I used to hate Doctor Who when I was a kid, almost ignored the revamp, but then I watched Empty Child/Doctor Dances and was instantly converted. Yes, it's camp and silly, special effects aren't great and some of the filler episodes are awful, but when it hits its stride it's without doubt the most entertaining show on TV. Above all Doctor Who is just fun, I love it.

Edit: Anyway, don't want to side-track this thread into my weird Doctor Who obsession.

Continue...
Hope they send Maldonado for an early bath.

Dr Who can be excellent TV. All too often it isn't, but it can be excellent.

I think recently they've been trying too hard to appeal to the American market with epic-scale story arcs, the show is at its best when the stories are less grand. Like the 'Blink' episode, the Chris Eccleston WW2 episodes, The Girl In The Fireplace, etc. Basically all the ones Moffat wrote during Russell T's time at the top.

The push for epic climaxes really ruined David Tennant's last couple of series IMO. Too much schmaltzy sentimentality and hang-wringing and universe-rescuing and not enough of the smaller but perfectly formed ideas.

I suppose it's like comparing Battlestar Galactica to J.G. Ballard's short stories. I know which I prefer.

I do think Matt Smith's been amazing though. His characterisation of an old-but-young character is totally convincing.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hope they send Maldonado for an early bath.

Dr Who can be excellent TV. All too often it isn't, but it can be excellent.

I think recently they've been trying too hard to appeal to the American market with epic-scale story arcs, the show is at its best when the stories are less grand. Like the 'Blink' episode, the Chris Eccleston WW2 episodes, The Girl In The Fireplace, etc. Basically all the ones Moffat wrote during Russell T's time at the top.

The push for epic climaxes really ruined David Tennant's last couple of series IMO. Too much schmaltzy sentimentality and hang-wringing and universe-rescuing and not enough of the smaller but perfectly formed ideas.

I suppose it's like comparing Battlestar Galactica to J.G. Ballard's short stories. I know which I prefer.

I do think Matt Smith's been amazing though. His characterisation of an old-but-young character is totally convincing.

I agree actually. I've been enjoying the last two series, but I'd like Moffat to get back to what he does best, which is small, character driven episodes, based round a simple idea and executed perfectly. The Girl in the Fireplace and Blink are two of the most perfect hours of television that have ever been made. I think if anyone is in any doubt as to whether Doctor Who is any good, they must watch those two episodes, as you will not find an example of any TV show that's as perfectly pitched and executed as those.

In addition, the lovely Karen Gillan is lovely. Also ginger and Scottish.
Yeah, the redhead alone is worth watching for.

Re: the Hamilton/Maldonado incident, definitely more Pastor's fault, but Hamilton WAS being a total dick (for a good reason in the last corner, not so much after the exit of the first corner).
From Twitter, on Crofty and 5Live accounts.

"We understand Maldonado will get 5 place grid penalty, reprimand for Hamilton"

Waiting to see if I can get anything offical
Very good.
-
(Intrepid) DELETED by Intrepid
Thing is...I don't know what Lewis did to earn a reprimand?
He was born black.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :From Twitter, on Crofty and 5Live accounts.

"We understand Maldonado will get 5 place grid penalty, reprimand for Hamilton"

Waiting to see if I can get anything offical

A bit of a light penalty against Maldonado, if it turns out to be true. Fair enough, everyone knows Pastor's reasoning for what he did, but if he had kept quiet on track it would be pretty much Hamilton paying a longer visit to the stewards. (and Maldonado could wait until an interview to rant on what happened/slag off Hamilton)

Wreckers get it, but revenge wreckers get it worse.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Thing is...I don't know what Lewis did to earn a reprimand?

Punted Maldonado off at the Bus Stop (both of them on a flying lap) and ruined his flying lap/last chance of making it to Q3.
Quote from Senninha25 :

Punted Maldonado off at the Bus Stop (both of them on a flying lap) and ruined his flying lap/last chance of making it to Q3.

Which under normal circumstances would earn a place penalty. There is no doubt in my mind that Hamiltons move compromised Maldonados lap, and that it was clearly a deliberate move. Whist in a race that incident may have been borderline, in qualifying it shouldn't be tolerated imo. I believe that it's only because of Maldonados ridiculously stupid retribution move that Hamilton has effectively been let off. Not for the first time I'd add.
You can overtake in qualifying if both on flying laps, it's perfectly legit. Nothing wrong with the move other than Pastor being a total egit thinking that if someone is driving behind you on a flying lap and needs to pass you, leaving a GIANT gaping gap on the inside might not be the best thing to do.

Don't wanna get passed? Don't leave a gap, don't be stupid.

Hamilton had to make the pass, nowt wrong with that. It was either make the pass or fall out of Q2.... I think any sane person would pick the former. They don't get paid not to make perfectly legitimate moves... hence the lack of penalty. I really think some of you needs to watch some other form of racing... rally?
The pass was unquestionably fair. Not even the most ardent LH critic could say he wasn't far enough alongside.
I would like to see onboards from both...
Quote from sinbad :The pass was unquestionably fair....

Except that he made contact. No pass where contact is made can ever be "unquestionably fair". I don't believe that any driver has the right to compromise the driver they're passing in such a way during qualification and claim it was a fair move. That's just my opinion, irrespective of what the rules may say about the situation. I still believe that if it weren't for Maldonados retributive reaction Hamilton would have been given at least a couple of place penalty.

Personally, I think the "fair" response to the whole incident would be a two/three place penalty for Hamilton and a straight DQ/back of the grid placement for Maldonado. They've both gotten off very lightly IMO. F1 is meant to be completely non contact, and any "avoidable" contact should merit a non discretionary place/time penalty. Otherwise F1 is at risk of ending up like BTCC. i.e. filled with over agressive bullying tactics being passed off as "skill".
Nice comeback from Senna to F1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG