The online racing simulator
ram, motherboard, psu combo?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
Guys i get an i7 with 1366 socket, i read something about some advantages against the sandy bridge "hot" trend...something related to video cards and ram

Im about to get the motherboard, the ram and psu but i dont know wich make to choose, or where to buy or look...

any suggestions?

I read something about ddr3 triple channel ram, i dont have a clue about it because my last system was just a merely ddr2 ram with a max of 4gb of ram lol

pd: please, stop suggesting me the i7 2600k, I WILL stay with the 1366 socket
get a 990X
What's your issue with LGA1155?

If you're dead set on going with the more workstation-oriented socket, why not wait for LGA2011?

If you're dead set on building a new system now, why not go with LGA1155?

You sound like you haven't really researched this thoroughly. LGA1366 is going obsolete in 2 months.
Quote from jnr89 :
pd: please, stop suggesting me the i7 2600k, I WILL stay with the 1366 socket

Why's that? Sandy Bridge based CPUs are simply better than old Bloomfields and co. Check out some benchmarks and see for yourself. The 2600K will kick ass of pretty much anything a reasonable amount of money can buy.
Quote from MadCatX :The 2600K will kick ass of pretty much anything a reasonable amount of money can buy.

Especially when overclocked to 5 GHz or so (easily doable even with aircoolers (decent ones).
#6 - jnr89
I dont really care if the 1366 will be obsolete in the near future, the only thing that mades me choose the 1366 over the sandy bridge is this

I will get it when the prices fall, besides 24 gb of ram would be enough forever!
You don't have to use the integratrd graphics Sandy Bridges have. It might actually be a nice backup in case a primary GPU fails.
Quote from jnr89 :I dont really care if the 1366 will be obsolete in the near future, the only thing that mades me choose the 1366 over the sandy bridge is this

I will get it when the prices fall, besides 24 gb of ram would be enough forever!

Are you pointing to the lack of integrated graphics on the 990X? I don't get it. You do realize you don't have to use it on Sandy Bridge, right?

32GB with Sandy Bridge, although you'd need 8GB sticks for that on currently available motherboards. And no, that will not be enough forever. The average RAM computers have pretty much doubles every 2 years. The average this year is approx 4-8GB.

http://ark.intel.com/products/ ... r-%288M-Cache-3_40-GHz%29

Whatever, though, it's your money. Feel free to waste it however you choose.
X58 only supports 4GB DIMMs while P67/Z68/future Sandy/Ice Bridge chipsets support 8GB DIMMs.
Which means 32GB on S/I Bridge, and max. 24GB on 1366.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG