The online racing simulator
Mobile phone Apps recommendations..
(81 posts, started )
I haven't, will do.. Smart Keyboard remembers ALL my typed words, and since i use some words very often i can type SMS in like 3 seconds
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you tried Shapewriter? It's effing awesome, super-fast to use and it's like jedi typing.

I have this sick app on my iPhone called "cockSMS"... It's awesome. First during setup you haffto take a picture of your dick, but that's the genius in it... afterwards, it automatically MMS's people what you think of them.

Try it, it's sweetass!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have this sick app on my iPhone called "cockSMS"... It's awesome. First during setup you haffto take a picture of your dick, but that's the genius in it... afterwards, it automatically MMS's people what you think of them.

Try it, it's sweetass!

Oh sorry, I forgot you've got a theyPhone and the only keyboard you're allowed to use is their keyboard.
Swype is still the best keyboard for smaller screens, IMO.

If you do a lot of shipping/online shopping, there's a great app for Android called Parcels that will track your packages and notify you when a package has reached a new stage in its journey.

Launcher Pro Plus is the best launcher I've found for Android, though Zeam is pretty slick too.

The Epicurious app is great if you like to cook.

Minimalistic Text widget is a pretty stylish bit of homescreen customization.

If you have a lot of books, MyBookDroid is a great cataloging/database tool that makes use of the camera-as-barcode scanner.

Tank Hero is a pretty cool new Android game. Very fast and addictive.

And if you use XBMC, the XBMC Remote app for Android is stellar.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh sorry, I forgot you've got a theyPhone and the only keyboard you're allowed to use is their keyboard.

No way, I can use any keyboard I want. I'm using a dvorak layout right now even. Although people wonder why my messages look like: D.f xaxfw ,. odrgne ir i.y orm.ydcbi yr .ay or C jab ugjt frgp lgoof dape!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you tried Shapewriter? It's effing awesome, super-fast to use and it's like jedi typing.

Now i remembered that i did try ShapeWriter, i found it very difficult and unpractical.. it's a good idea, but my fingers often can't move that smoothly across the screen, still haven't figured out why it's smooth and why it's stuttery sometimes..
Quote from dawesdust_12 :**** XBMC remote.. How about XBMC on iPhone?

http://xbmc.org/

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

On the iPad, maybe passable.

Really strongly considering getting an ATV2 once an untethered Windows jailbreak is available.

Great work my the XBMC devs, overall.
It works quite well actually on the iPhone. Not excellent to control, still usable becuase of the small screen but plays content relatively well. Sound thru BT even too

The ATV works good too with it. Haven't gotten any media playing on the AppleTV as I was without my laptop when I played with it (no SMB share! ).. but the AppleTV is identical hardware to the iPhone so inevitably it'll be equally good.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It works quite well actually on the iPhone. Not excellent to control, still usable becuase of the small screen but plays content relatively well. Sound thru BT even too

The ATV works good too with it. Haven't gotten any media playing on the AppleTV as I was without my laptop when I played with it (no SMB share! ).. but the AppleTV is identical hardware to the iPhone so inevitably it'll be equally good.

Yeah, I've been following along on the xbmc forums. It's a very cool project all around. I just can't stand watching videos on phone-sized screens. Nothing against the iPhone in particular.
I use it mostly for sound. I'll throw on Anchorman or Top Gear and just listen to it.

I'm actually very happy with the Apple TV. I did buy it as a prospective device (hoping XBMC or some kind of media player for non-iTunes stuff).. and it's come through pretty good. Plex works decently, and now XBMC. It's really a great box for 120$ (CDN). iTunes rentals, iTunes purchases (from lappy), Netflix, and then all the rest of my movies thru Plex/XBMC.
Quote from diNOSaur :winamp have this function also

the pro version i guess?
im using the free version, havent spotted that yet...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Now i remembered that i did try ShapeWriter, i found it very difficult and unpractical.. it's a good idea, but my fingers often can't move that smoothly across the screen, still haven't figured out why it's smooth and why it's stuttery sometimes..

The stuttering happens if you switch off one of the help functions (something like "Show ideal line"), I'm not sure why, I imagine they've fixed it in the current version but they're not distributing it any more.

I love it, I haven't used any other keyboard for about a year, it freaks out our trombonist who is an iphone user, he's always craning his neck to watch me send texts.
I meant the stuttering of my finger on the phone glass I can't figure out when it happens, just after washing hands or something.. my fingers don't slide on the screen for some reason.
Ah yeah I know what you mean I get that sometimes, I had it tonight after rehearsals, I think because it was below freezing outside there was no moisture on my fingers.

The keyboard's prediction is good though, even if you don't slide across the right letters. So long as you start on the right letter.
#41 - PoVo
Doodle Jump is seriously epic!

Getting my Sony Ericsson X8 soon, any recommendations for "first-got-to-try-apps"? Definitely Doodle Jump will be on the list, but any more? Going for NFS Shift too, as it seemed to look extremely good!

As for the browsers, I'm taking Skyfire is best for Androids? Also what's the best software for playing DivX format? I saw some playing AVI's at 25 FPS no problem, but don't know the names.
Quote from PoVo :Doodle Jump is seriously epic!

Getting my Sony Ericsson X8 soon, any recommendations for "first-got-to-try-apps"? Definitely Doodle Jump will be on the list, but any more? Going for NFS Shift too, as it seemed to look extremely good!

As for the browsers, I'm taking Skyfire is best for Androids? Also what's the best software for playing DivX format? I saw some playing AVI's at 25 FPS no problem, but don't know the names.

doodle jump is ok-ish imo...not as fun as i thought D:
NFS shift is semi fun...only good if u have a proper phone id say.
and i cant say anything about the android question...since i have a symbian phone >_>
Quote from PoVo :Doodle Jump is seriously epic!

Besides Doodle, get Labyrinth, Cubes and Graviturn Extended.. Those 4 are enough for me, all are epic.
Some updates for Android, 'GO SMS' for those who haven't tried it..
'Motion Fart', a must have
'TeamViewer', awesome remote access app, acess your desktop from your phone, very easy to use..
All platforms (except the still useless Windows Phone 7 and the ridiculously closed iOS): Opera Mobile 11! The best computer web browser now on your tablets and smartphones, doing a really great and amazing job, amazingly fast! (Posting this message from Opera Mobile 11 on Nokia N8)
Opera Mini also for all platforms (including iOS, except for WP7).

Best Symbian Games:
NFS Shift, Hero of Sparta (Gears Of War-lookalike), GT Racing Motor Academy, Avatar, Wooden Labirynth 3D, SpeedX, BOOM BLOX, Tetris, The Sims 3, Asphalt 5, Raging Thunder 2 (internet crossplatform racing multiplayer! watch my sister playing it HERE), Tom Clancy's HAWX, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, Monopoly, Fruit Ninja, Assassin's Creed, The Settlers, Spiderman, UNO, BOOM BEATS (PSP game), Real Football 2010, Real Golf 2010, UNO, I Must Run, WarChess, Worms HD, Fuzzies, etc

Great apps:
Gravity (Twitter and FB app)
Opera Mobile 11 and Opera Mini 6 (simply awesome)
Soundhound and Shazam
Qik (video calling and live broadcast online)
Slick (fully featured messenger for AIM, FB, MSN, ICQ, Google talk and others), Layar (augmented reality)
Compass
Youtube
Sports Tracker
SymTorrent (fully featured torrent client with support for resuming downloads, multiple connections, checking hash of files already downloaded both oncthe phone and on pc that have been transported to continue download on the phone, managing torrent files, + choose which files to download, etc)
Nokia BigScreen (just like Windows Media Center in HD, but on the phone at 1280x720p @60fps via HDMI to your full HD TV!. Features: karaoke, HD movies with subtitles, music/photos/etc watch it in action (NB: not beta anymore!))
And many more, I just don't have time to type them here
Gotta recommend the "Unblock Me Free", fantastic mind game.. (Android).
-
(BlakjeKaas) DELETED by BlakjeKaas : hold on.
as i got a new phone today...where to get some good apps?
not really sure where i should for them.
oh and games also
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :as i got a new phone today...where to get some good apps?
not really sure where i should for them.
oh and games also

Go to menu and choose the android market icon...there you go
most ive seen there is payware...surely there are free ones as well?
(and i just noticed i didnt mention its an android >_<)

Mobile phone Apps recommendations..
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG