The online racing simulator
Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
#1 - Kova.
Looking forward to this. LFS PC league maybe?:banana:
Need more than 16 cars in multiplayer though.
Sadly, it'll probably be just as useless as 2010. Did any one single aspect work properly in 2010? Buggy qualifying, buggy races, buggy AI, buggy timing, crappy slow menus, no setup saving, horrible Games for Windows Live implementation, poor handling (although I could live with that as it was quite entertaining), poor driver management (if you tell the media the team were brilliant, and you win every race in a Lotus, they still start to hate you?!)...

I certainly won't be pre-ordering this. And if I do play it, I certainly won't pay for it first.
I've uninstalled F1 2010 afrer I saw how flat tires deform in oposite direction, compared to how they would deform in real life. That was a sign that devolopers have no idea what physics is and they are a bunch of idiots.
I hope 2011 will be better. Looks cool in slomo with these dangling spoilers.
Looks were never the issue though. As a screenshot generator it was pretty good, especially in the wet (although the spray was a bit weak at times).

Look at the awful smoke off the grid - every car smokes the same amount. How much smoke do you see in a real life start - virtually NONE.

The radio will be awful as well. They always are in games.

Funny how some things aren't reflected - 50% of signs and barriers never reflect in the track.
Why the steering lag, again? :doh:
Quote from rc10racer :Warning - utter crap driver in the gameplay vids.

In every racing sim gameplay video i've ever watched(pre release), it ALWAYS involves someone who cant drive for shit, which is a shame because it gives no indication of the actual quality of gameplay, lol.
Quote from sermilan :Why the steering lag, again? :doh:

Ever thought that maybe the controller deadzone is not set to zero?
Quote from rc10racer :Ever thought that maybe the controller deadzone is not set to zero?

No, the same thing happens in rFactor. No matter how one sets the controller, there is always a steering lag. Never tried F1 2010, but I've seen videos with that issue. Have you tried it and can steering lag be avoided?
Will be getting my copy tomorrow, will give my thoughts on it once I have it

Really hyped for it though, I know it will be fail in areas but still I got around f1 2010 no problem and the Race department community really help that become a better game with mods. They will most likely do the same. But don't want a load of bugs on the first day
Quote from adamlfs :Will be getting my copy tomorrow, will give my thoughts on it once I have it

waiting to hear. I wanna get this one too.
Quote from adamlfs :>He's got pretty good videos
>only thing hes on ps3
>g25

wat?

Anyway, tried with Xbox360 controller; sucked arse.

Going to try with my wheel tomorrow.
Ok double post, but just got my copy in the mail today. Installing it now will post up later.
I have mixed feelings about this game.

There is more feedback from the car than last year. I can feel it when the backend is sliding out, unlike last year. The game also feels more refined.

But it feels like there is something wrong with the TCS system, or rather something wrong with the physics engine when TCS is off. When TCS is off, the car feels like it lost some downforce. Some corners can easily be taken flat out with TCS on (also in real life), but if you turn the TCS off you just can't a massive amount of understeer mid-corner then oversteer at corner exit if you try to cry more speed into the corner.
Well my first thoughts are...

It's a big improvement over 2010, nice new features in the season area. No more coffee stained visuals. The feel of it is very nice, menus seem kinda the same but at the same time different.

The Handling so far is abit hit and miss with me, it's better than 2010 but at the same time I need more hours on it to really find out how it is. For now it's good, you are able to tell when the car is on the limit, you can tell when it's wheel spinning out of corners, you get that indication from tyres noise and the revs pitching slightly. Sense of speed is good though i'm going to be adding the camera mod from F1 2010, cause atm it's hard to really tell where the corner is in cockpit cam. *Never use T-cam*

Sadly there's the annoying thing of being able to slide the car way more than you should and still keep hold of it.

Kers and DRS are a brilliant improvement. I love em, haven't had a chance to use them in the race as yet, but kers is good fun.

Will give some screenshots and stuff in abit im going to go back on the game now :P

EDIT:

Virtual R are posting some good videos here

http://www.virtualr.net/f1-201 ... arison-video-walkthrough/
#23 - JJ72
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :But it feels like there is something wrong with the TCS system, or rather something wrong with the physics engine when TCS is off. When TCS is off, the car feels like it lost some downforce. Some corners can easily be taken flat out with TCS on (also in real life), but if you turn the TCS off you just can't a massive amount of understeer mid-corner then oversteer at corner exit if you try to cry more speed into the corner.

But is it car/mode dependent?

I share the same feeling in career mode in the Lotus, but in time attack the car drives sweet and sharp, still trying to figure out the tuning, right now it's a dog to drive. The basic physics is a big up from last year no doubt though, pretty sweet to be able to hold slight power oversteer, so far 200km in and have yet spun once.
Waiting for Steam to unlock it @ midnight tonight...
Cant wait, although i didnt play F1 2010 to death i still enjoyed it, if this is better it should be money well spent!
Anyone want to see what an engine failure looks like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99MpJP9HTk

This was my mate setting a quali time on his career mode, the engine lunches itself and locks the rears causing him to spin off in a cloud of smoke.

(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG