The online racing simulator
#1 - ZisT
Crazily Low FPS and Audio Problem
Just installed LFS after 2 years out and have come on to find my FPS at 9-10!

Spec :

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: K50C
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2944MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: SiS Mirage 3 Graphics
Manufacturer: Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.
Chip type: SiS672 series

Straight from DxDiag.

When I play I get low fps and sound are repeating on themselves (ending up with just an unbearable noise.
I've tried to set all settings to as low as possible on LFS but only managed to get 12FPS.

This is offline, No AI.

And is on a laptop. LFS did run perfect on my PC but has since lost its image and doesn't have a monitor any more
I guess this is a very old laptop, isn't it? I'm sorry, but this HW just won't cut it. 1 GHz CPUs were kind of OK in S1 days, but not today and the graphics card is just a joke. If you want to play, you'll have to fix your PC or get a new one, I don't think there is any hope for this laptop to run LFS decently.
#3 - ZisT
Ahh that sucks
Wasn't sure of the spec that LFS demands. Thanks a lot for your help, guess i'll need to hook the PC up to my TV and manage to source an image from somewhere.
Cheers bud
Hey ZisT, may I know when did you buy that laptop and for how much?
#5 - ZisT
About a year ago and it came free with a mobile phone contract, so the best was not expected but I thought I would be able to push it if I ran with the worse graphics possible.
Seriously I thought the Mirage graphics are long ago outdated and the very least they can give is Intel GMA HD or something along that line.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG