The online racing simulator
A Few ideas
(16 posts, started )
A Few ideas
Hello. I Posted this topic cuz i got a few ideas which i just wanna share . Well..Here they are

Passengers :
Yes i know this alredy got posted..but it shud be cool if u shud be avaible to enter someones car as a passanger and just relax and watch someone else drive

Maps :
What i think there shud be more maps for demo version, it can get abit booring when u just can play on 1 map.

Stunts :
Something like a "stunt" map which will be avaible for demo..but abit upgraded for license.

Car damage :
That the cars takes damage and can be set on fire if u crash too hard.. That shud be cool what i think .

Indicators :
What i think it shud be cool with Indicators so people know if ur going to right/left... Like when u finished the demo-map race its 2ways, 1 that goes to finish and another that goes to the depot u can indicate if u shud go to the depot ( left ) or to finish ( right ).

Ramming :
Sometimes people ramm which is REALLY annoying, and then u can get punched back to the grass and if u got for example a formula it will be a big nightmare to get off the grass..so what i think u shud get lesser "Punched away" when someone ramm you.

Graphics :
If possible better graphics.

Friends :
It shud be a "Friends list" when u play multiplayer so u can join people right away ..
Quote from Douzeh :Maps :
What i think there shud be more maps for demo version, it can get abit booring when u just can play on 1 map.

That's why there is a demo and s2. Demo should give you a taste of S1/2

Quote from Douzeh :Indicators :
What i think it shud be cool with Indicators so people know if ur going to right/left... Like when u finished the demo-map race its 2ways, 1 that goes to finish and another that goes to the depot u can indicate if u shud go to the depot ( left ) or to finish ( right ).

There are indicators Left=7 Right=8 Hazards=9 Off=0

Quote from Douzeh :Graphics :

Not as easy as you tell it but would be awesome
I Know..But Demo is Demo..not 1map-playing :P
|
|
|
Quote from Jonathon.provost :That's why there is a demo and s2. Demo should give you a taste of S1/2

Thx for letting me know!
|
There are indicators Left=7 Right=8 Hazards=9 Off=0

Yepp :P
|
Not as easy as you tell it but would be awesome

Quote from Douzeh :Hello. I Posted this topic cuz i got a few ideas which i just wanna share . Well..Here they are

Passengers :
Yes i know this alredy got posted..but it shud be cool if u shud be avaible to enter someones car as a passanger and just relax and watch someone else drive

Maps :

Stunts :
Something like a "stunt" map which will be avaible for demo..but abit upgraded for license.

Car damage :
That the cars takes damage and can be set on fire if u crash too hard.. That shud be cool what i think .

Indicators :

Ramming :
Sometimes people ramm which is REALLY annoying, and then u can get punched back to the grass and if u got for example a formula it will be a big nightmare to get off the grass..so what i think u shud get lesser "Punched away" when someone ramm you.

Graphics :

Friends :
It shud be a "Friends list" when u play multiplayer so u can join people right away ..

I'll go in order:

[Passengers] LFS doesn't need that because its not a pick up your friends for a joyride game, its a racing simulator.
[Maps] It's fair as is.
[Stunts] For S2 and S1 you can place ramps, but the demos supposed to give a taste of the full game.
[Damage] Go play burnout, this is a simulator.
[Indicators] As said, it's here [7,8 and 9].
[Ramming] That would defy physics.
[Graphics] The games still being worked on, may be in S3 there will be an improvement.
[Friends] I kind of would like to see an in game friends list.
Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :I'll go in order:

[Passengers] LFS doesn't need that because its not a pick up your friends for a joyride game, its a racing simulator.
[Maps] It's fair as is.
[Stunts] For S2 and S1 you can place ramps, but the demos supposed to give a taste of the full game.
[Damage] Go play burnout, this is a simulator.
[Indicators] As said, it's here [7,8 and 9].
[Ramming] That would defy physics.
[Graphics] The games still being worked on, may be in S3 there will be an improvement.
[Friends] I kind of would like to see an in game friends list.

Thx for answering!

[Passengers] True, but if u need realism that shud be a good idea
[Maps] Well..Its 1 Map! 2 shud be good.. but 1 is getting abit boring :P
[Stunts] Aha ok , thx for letting me know
[Damage] As u said ..its a simulator..simulators shud have functions that u can be destroyed etc
[Ramming] Well..Actually thats true xD
[Graphics] Listen.. Better graphics = More buyers . So then why not make better graphics in demo to?
[Friends] Yepp
Quote from Douzeh :Thx for answering!

[Passengers] True, but if u need realism that shud be a good idea
[Maps] Well..Its 1 Map! 2 shud be good.. but 1 is getting abit boring :P
[Stunts] Aha ok , thx for letting me know
[Damage] As u said ..its a simulator..simulators shud have functions that u can be destroyed etc
[Ramming] Well..Actually thats true xD
[Graphics] Listen.. Better graphics = More buyers . So then why not make better graphics in demo to?
[Friends] Yepp

[Passengers] If you were in a race and your buddy was watching on the side, would you pick him up? I wouldn't because that doesn't happen in racing.
[Maps] Still, the demo is a taste. If that was put in there will be less sales cause there would be more to do for free.
[Damage] It's not a fiery cool explosions super realistic damage simulator, it simulates racing, there will be better crashes in the future, but it isn't the focus of the game.
[Graphics] Since when did better graphics equal a funner game? This games still in development.
Quote from xXCRASH3RXx :

[Passengers] If you were in a race and your buddy was watching on the side, would you pick him up? I wouldn't because that doesn't happen in racing.

Answer : What i mean is that some people is just freeroaming on some maps...and then it shud be a spawn type like "Enter <Playername>'s car"

[Maps] Still, the demo is a taste. If that was put in there will be less sales cause there would be more to do for free.

Answer : Well.. Is this game created for FUN or for making money?

[Damage] It's not a fiery cool explosions super realistic damage simulator, it simulates racing, there will be better crashes in the future, but it isn't the focus of the game.

Answer : I Didnt say "BIG BADA BOOMZ".. i said that the car can be set on fire abit..

[Graphics] Since when did better graphics equal a funner game? This games still in development.

Answer : Well i think like this .. People like games that got good graphics..not games that got lesser good/bad graphics..
Quote from Douzeh :You shud be avaible to enter someones car as a passanger and just relax and watch someone else drive

Press tab (click on the arrows on the map) to switch between other drivers (you'll be able to see other's driving with the cockpit/chase/tv views). However you won't be added as a "passenger" in to the car.

Quote :

As Jonathon mentioned, the demo is there to give you as taste of LFS. Its there to let you have a go and then tempt you to buy a S1/S2 licence. If there were more content, people might race in LFS for years and years without ever buying a licence.

Quote :Something like a "stunt" map which will be avaible for demo..but abit upgraded for license.

You can create your own Autocross layouts (or download cool ones that's already made by others). They are great fun! Some of the autocross objects were upgraded just a couple of months ago too! Autocross objects are disabled for demo licensed players. One of my favourite ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXZ3LwmD4U

Quote :Car damage :

I think the damage model will be updated in the future. I cant find if Scawen mentioned this or if it is rumours - but there is likely to be "break-off" damage (i.e. parts of the car breaking off when you crash...).

Quote :Ramming :

Well... its better to get rid of the rammers! Try and race in well maintained servers (the ones that have mature admins who can kick of people who cause havoc).

Quote :It shud be a "Friends list" when u play multiplayer so u can join people right away ..

Oh, but there is one already!

You have to use the feature via LFSWorld. First of all, log into the LFSWorld and then from the LFS Desktop open "Online Racer Stats" (. Type in the friend's username that you want to add to the friends list. Say for example, "Scawen".

When you can see Scawen's stats - click on the Buddy Menu () and then on the first option: Add Scawen to your buddy list.

Now, from LFS Desktop, open Live Alert (). Under the first tab, "web alert", you'll see the people that you have added when they are online (i.e. Scawen is racing on South City TBO - Join). Say if you want to join in - just click on "join" and LFS will be launched and connected to the South City TBO server (you will need to have LFS Association setup).

Edit: Ahh, I type too slow.
Quote from Silverracer :Press tab (click on the arrows on the map) to switch between other drivers (you'll be able to see other's driving with the cockpit/chase/tv views). However you won't be added as a "passenger" in to the car.

As Jonathon mentioned, the demo is there to give you as taste of LFS. Its there to let you have a go and then tempt you to buy a S1/S2 licence. If there were more content, people might race in LFS for years and years without ever buying a licence.

You can create your own Autocross layouts (or download cool ones that's already made by others). They are great fun! Some of the autocross objects were upgraded just a couple of months ago too! Autocross objects are disabled for demo licensed players. One of my favourite ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXZ3LwmD4U

I think the damage model will be updated in the future. I cant find if Scawen mentioned this or if it is rumours - but there is likely to be "break-off" damage (i.e. parts of the car breaking off when you crash...).

Well... its better to get rid of the rammers! Try and race in well maintained servers (the ones that have mature admins who can kick of people who cause havoc).

Oh, but there is one already!

You have to use the feature via LFSWorld. First of all, log into the LFSWorld and then from the LFS Desktop open "Online Racer Stats" (. Type in the friend's username that you want to add to the friends list. Say for example, "Scawen".

When you can see Scawen's stats - click on the Buddy Menu () and then on the first option: Add Scawen to your buddy list.

Now, from LFS Desktop, open Live Alert (). Under the first tab, "web alert", you'll see the people that you have added when they are online (i.e. Scawen is racing on South City TBO - Join). Say if you want to join in - just click on "join" and LFS will be launched and connected to the South City TBO server (you will need to have LFS Association setup).

Edit: Ahh, I type too slow.

Well Ok. I Understand , lets end the discussion here now :P.. I Mean .. The Thingy is solved :P
Simulators appreciate it for the physics of tires. Graphics and ease user interface this is the tenth case. By the way the graphics in the s3 will be enhanced. The shadow of 100% will be better.
for the passneger;
make ur custom view cam in the passenger seat area and press tab to ur friend and change to custom view.

and dont complain about 1 map, u want more, buy it, it worth it..
cant afford it ?? save up.. (Y)
about passengers; what ^ said. Make a custom view, move it to the passenger side. Press tab until you're in the car of the friend you want to watch. You can also activated mouse XY panning so you can look around using the mouse.

About the more tracks part. You think going on the forum and asking for more tracks is going to get you more tracks when you haven't even payed for the game? If you want more stuff, buy the game. You're lucky to even have a demo version to play on. You should be greatful.

edit: Oh and with better graphics comes more nutheads. Just saying.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from [Audi TT] :By the way the graphics in the s3 will be enhanced. The shadow of 100% will be better.

And you know this how...?
Recently test patches, which I have shown that on the highway WE1 have extra shadows on the Scawen said that these shadows from the other objects outside of the track. And that is in the s3 with this matter will be much better. link.
#15 - Jakg
Quote from [Audi TT] :Recently test patches, which I have shown that on the highway WE1 have extra shadows on the Scawen said that these shadows from the other objects outside of the track. And that is in the s3 with this matter will be much better. link.

=/=
Quote from Scawen :I hope to make a new rendering system one day, that can make accurate shadows under objects, unlike this system we use now, which often misses shadows where there should be, and puts shadows where there shouldn't be one

No mention of "it will be in S3" just "one day it would be nice to fix it".
Quote :one day

I think it was on the s3.

A Few ideas
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG