The online racing simulator
I left so pumped that I've gone and booked a test in a DMax 125 as a prelude to competing.

I should probably have checked my bank balance before I did that.
Quote from jasonmatthews :but Dave's won't be out for a few days (he had a few people to see and a festival IIRC)

Correctly... Visited a team member @Hull sunday/monday, took the night boat to Rotterdam. Arrived yesterday. Immediately followed by two other visits in my own country.

Today I tried to recharge a bit at my parents place and tomorrow I will be at Nature One @Germany. Until Sunday.

The only thing I did was emptying my camera when I was at the boat. And even there the performers (pianist and a music band) asked if they could get the photo's/video I took after they reviewed them.

Some busy days but I like it .. Before you know it's winter again.
Quote from Becky Rose :I left so pumped that I've gone and booked a test in a DMax 125 as a prelude to competing.

I should probably have checked my bank balance before I did that.

You thinking of the airplane simulator we were searching for on monday?
Quote from The Very End :You thinking of the airplane simulator we were searching for on monday?

No no, it's a type of go kart. If the test goes well I might do some racing.

I can't afford to compete a full season just yet, but a couple of races here and there is viable .
Ooh, that sounds interesting Good luck with that!
There you go TVE: http://www.daytonamax.co.uk/

Together with Club 100 it's the fastest arrive & drive kart racing in the UK. Owner driver is not for me anymore - because it also involves getting a van or trailer/tools and some help getting it from my shed to the road.... I can do a season of this for half the price of a kart and I get to go all up and down the country trying out lots of cool tracks i'm yet to have a go at.
+ 2 Stroke rules!
Quote from peterules :+ 2 Stroke rules!

Aye! I havn't driven one since the late 90's back in TKM and before that Formula C but from my recollection every drive followed a pattern where the first few laps where always like "OMFG I cant believe how fast this accelerates, i'm scared!"... before settling in to "haha, FUN FUN FUN!" ... and finishing on "Blue Flag ****tard!".
You aint lived until you've seized a 2-stroke at 20,000rpm
Quote from Intrepid :You aint lived until you've seized a 2-stroke at 20,000rpm

I was testing my old TKM one day when some guys turned up with theirs for the first time and did not know to choke the engine. The weather and track length suggested to me that a TKM could do 10-12 laps in a stint before needing to be cooled.

So 15 laps into his first stint I was following him down the main straight when I saw his spark plug "launch". for a moment there Britain had a space program! And would you believe that he chucked another spark plug in and the thing started first time. But i've no idea where the plug landed, possibly Harlow town.

I think to sieze an engine you've got to have neglected it's servicing schedule, and I want to win too much to have ever let that happen .
Quote from Becky Rose :I think to sieze an engine you've got to have neglected it's servicing schedule, and I want to win too much to have ever let that happen .

I did once crunch a TKM to pieces when I was a junior. Absolutely destroyed it.Safe to say it never ran again.

My last seize - I was running a world championship FA at the time at it's rebuild schedule consisted of a piston every 15 minutes when you run the revs I was. Bloody quick until it blew though Had it seized 10m earlier I would've landed in the car on the outside of Stadium Corner at Rye
Quote from Intrepid :My last seize - I was running a world championship FA at the time at it's rebuild schedule consisted of a piston every 15 minutes when you run the revs I was. Bloody quick until it blew though Had it seized 10m earlier I would've landed in the car on the outside of Stadium Corner at Rye

Pah, Stadium is totally tame nowadays, I mean - the scaredy cats actually built a run off! It used to be 1 metre of rough ground where a gravel trap used to be and then a tyre wall, you could see what brand of cigarette people in their cars where smoking... But now yould could cross the Bristol Channel faster than that run off area.

Anyways, I figured if i'm going to race again then i'd blog the journey - starting with a Drivers Eye View of LFS 2011 Kart Event
whaatttt. When was this organised I missed it. damn u all.
...dug up a screenshot of last year's kart meet live video stream...

Attached images
eclipse.jpg
i believe that is my ass
Very smooth looking.
MMmm ass!
Quote from PMD9409 :Very smooth looking.

Quote from The Very End : MMmm ass!

Virginal ass too n thats thr way its staying!
when will we get some more pictures of karting meet ?
Quote from rediske :...dug up a screenshot of last year's kart meet live video stream...

i remember that. I wasn't expecting to see a toffee apple that night. i was just glad he didn't part the cheeks and show the world his Japanese flag.

EDIT: turn it sideways and it looks like Homer Simpsons mouth....
Quote from dollarek :when will we get some more pictures of karting meet ?

Dave (cargame.nl) who took photos for whole day im not sure if he is back home yet, he was stopping off meeting other ppl and then going home. so not sure if he arrived home yet
I had a quick chat with him on the server last night, hopefully we'll see them soon!

I hope he got the one where i gave him the and almost crashed into the barriers straight after....
Maybe it's for the best that those pictures are never relased
Quote from dadge :i remember that. I wasn't expecting to see a toffee apple that night. i was just glad he didn't part the cheeks and show the world his Japanese flag.

EDIT: turn it sideways and it looks like Homer Simpsons mouth....

^true!

I was about to go to bed that night (3:30am), thought I had a quick look on the stream again, and then I got it - right in the face. I hit the print button instantly, saved the image to disk, turned off the pc and then went to bed trying to get that image out of my mind...

very wise and true: "what has been seen can't be unseen!"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG