The online racing simulator
#1 - bkss
Problems with private servers & TCP bind
hey guys, currently having a few problems with starting a host or even connecting to someone who is hosting a server (privately). I've tried forwarding the ports the dev's suggest

If and when I try to start my own host, I keep getting a "TCP bind - failed." message,

I've tried making the IP address, "auto", "127.0.0.0" and also tried it without anything in it, nothing seems to work.

Any help?
Try port forwarding...?
#3 - bkss
Quote from boothy :Try port forwarding...?

That is port forwarding, it's the advanced setting though. If I went to the "port forwarding" menu, I'd need an IP address with the port to forward.
Try putting the actual IP address instead of "auto" to the respective field. Also make sure there's no other program using port 63392 running on your machine.
#5 - bkss
Quote from MadCatX :Try putting the actual IP address instead of "auto" to the respective field. Also make sure there's no other program using port 63392 running on your machine.

But which IP address would "I" put in, if it were "me" hosting the server? There is no other program using port 63392, I just checked
Run ipconfig in the command prompt to find that out, it will most likely be 192.168.x.y or 10.0.x.y.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG