The online racing simulator
Force feedback stop working when starting LFS
Hey guys, I have an old saitek r440 wheel but it still works, I have the drivers for it installed on my computer but as fast as I start LFS the force feedback stops working

Then I need to tab and refresh the drivers again and then it works but as fast as I starts LFS the FF dies

Please help me and sorry for my bad english
Just checking; in LFS' Options > Controls > Axes / FF > Force feedback is set set to "yes", right?
yes ofcourse but thanks for reply
Sorry, sometimes the most simple setting might be solution.

What's the "Force Strength" value? If it is set very low (10-20) set it much higher and see if it has any effect.

Edit: What operating system are you using?

Seems like there is an issue with the wheel + Vista. Have a look at the following thread:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28018
noope it is on 100

Im using windows 7 64bit.
Quote from Trix wiv stix :For anyone else having same problem here is the link.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=11338

From that thread:

Quote :If you are experiencing no force feedback or rumble effects with your product when you have installed the Vista drivers then please do the following to get the forces working again.

Click Start, type

regedit

into the program window at the bottom and then press Enter.

In the Registry Editor click the plus sign next to the following folders in order:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
Joystick
OEM

and delete any folders in there starting with VID_06A3.

Now unplug your controller, reinsert it and the forces should now work.

Yes, the fix is for Vista, but someone posted saying it works for another Saitek device on Windows 7 (64 bit) but another saying the fix wont work on Windows 7 (32 bit)...

Although the Saitek thread has not been updated in a year, you can try and make a post there if the above fix wont work.
Ive allready tried that but it gave me no result
#8 - dadge
make sure you have the latest driver for your wheel. if that doesn't work, try older drivers. i had that wheel and had similar issues.
Quote from Silverracer :
Quote from Trix wiv stix :For anyone else having same problem here is the link.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=11338

From that thread:

Quote :If you are experiencing no force feedback or rumble effects with your product when you have installed the Vista drivers then please do the following to get the forces working again.

Click Start, type

regedit

into the program window at the bottom and then press Enter.

In the Registry Editor click the plus sign next to the following folders in order:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
Joystick
OEM

and delete any folders in there starting with VID_06A3.

Now unplug your controller, reinsert it and the forces should now work.

Yes, the fix is for Vista, but someone posted saying it works for another Saitek device on Windows 7 (64 bit) but another saying the fix wont work on Windows 7 (32 bit)... Shrug

Although the Saitek thread has not been updated in a year, you can try and make a post there if the above fix wont work.

Thanks! This worked for me too. Win7 64 bit

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG