The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
ASRA Thunderbike race entry fee: $90
1 gallon of 87-octane gas from Shell: $3.89
Re-passing a Ducati 749 mid-corner at 100 mph with inches to spare: Priceless
a little mess about for a mountain bike forum i post on i present you with Water Bike

Nice bike, but did you fit those brake lines
Can somebody answer me a quick question? I need to put a relay on my bike, but the ones im using don't seem to be working, but then i remembered that im pretty sure bikes run on a different electrical system to cars? Ones AC and the others DC or something along those lines. Will i have to get a motorbike specific relay for it to work? Or maybe am i just doing something wrong with my current one?
Quote from Migz :Can somebody answer me a quick question? I need to put a relay on my bike, but the ones im using don't seem to be working, but then i remembered that im pretty sure bikes run on a different electrical system to cars? Ones AC and the others DC or something along those lines. Will i have to get a motorbike specific relay for it to work? Or maybe am i just doing something wrong with my current one?

I cannot imagine any vehicle would be supplied with AC but I can tell you for sure most if not all cars will have a 12V system, whereas for bikes 6V systems are/were widely spread.
Quote from 5tag :I cannot imagine any vehicle would be supplied with AC but I can tell you for sure most if not all cars will have a 12V system, whereas for bikes 6V systems are/were widely spread.

Actually they are both, the alternator supplies a 3 phase AC current that is then rectified to DC for the battery and electrical system. This applies to both cars and bikes, and tractors and trucks and even light aircraft. 6V systems went the way of the dinosaurs on road bikes way back in the 1960's, it is still used on some smaller offroad bikes from memory.

Now, my bikes, the beasty I raced, (until the third time I broke my back)
a "Boeyang" Works Suzuki GT\TR 750. 113HP at 13,000RPM and no brakes allowed to be fitted. (Speedway regulations)
And my road bike, a low slung chopped Triumph T100, big vavles, big carbs, lumpy cams, "modded" exhausts, ie very little silencing.
The engine is basicly a replica of the last of the old 500cc GP bikes. Yep, she's pretty quick, handles like all Trumpy's, and can eat 900\1000cc Harleys for lunch.
Attached images
Speedway4.JPG
Speedway7.JPG
Trumpy.JPG
Quote from Migz :Can somebody answer me a quick question? I need to put a relay on my bike, but the ones im using don't seem to be working, but then i remembered that im pretty sure bikes run on a different electrical system to cars? Ones AC and the others DC or something along those lines. Will i have to get a motorbike specific relay for it to work? Or maybe am i just doing something wrong with my current one?

Just what do you need this relay for? If for lights then a standard auto headlamp relay should do the trick, get one at almost any auto aftermarket shop.
Thnk you for the quick replies, it is for a hid kit I've been given, it's for a car but I've managed to get it to work on a separate switch but I need a relay to get it to work with the standard light switches, will try one of those headlamp relays tomorrow.
Quote from shorty943 :Actually they are both, the alternator supplies a 3 phase AC current that is then rectified to DC for the battery and electrical system. This applies to both cars and bikes, and tractors and trucks and even light aircraft. 6V systems went the way of the dinosaurs on road bikes way back in the 1960's, it is still used on some smaller offroad bikes from memory.

Now, my bikes, the beasty I raced, (until the third time I broke my back)
a "Boeyang" Works Suzuki GT\TR 750. 113HP at 13,000RPM and no brakes allowed to be fitted. (Speedway regulations)
And my road bike, a low slung chopped Triumph T100, big vavles, big carbs, lumpy cams, "modded" exhausts, ie very little silencing.
The engine is basicly a replica of the last of the old 500cc GP bikes. Yep, she's pretty quick, handles like all Trumpy's, and can eat 900\1000cc Harleys for lunch.

I had a Yahama DT125R a long time ago. The head lamp was AC...
Quote from andybarsblade :Picking it up in 2 weeks
<BMW S1000RR>

I've passed those on the track on my SV650.

Probably not the superbike I would pick but a nice one nonetheless.
Thanks!

That particular series is one that my trackday club, Team Pro-Motion, runs, with only two classes: Supersport (600 class) and Superbike (1000 class). I happened to be at the trackday that day and decided to run the race. Guys who finish well get a little trophy and some money from TPM. I think 1st place is like $100 or something. They only run the races on specific Mondays and only during a trackday, shortly after the lunch break.

CCS is the club racing series in which I compete. They have various regions across the country. I compete in the Atlantic series, which is sometimes combined with Mid-Atlantic at certain rounds. They have classes for almost any type of bike (Ultra Lightweight, Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight, Unlimited) and multiple class types too (Supersport, Superbike, GP, GT). You can sign up for contingency money from various manufactuers if you use their parts and display their stickers, but CCS itself does not pay out money. They do give out plaques (known as "wood") to the top 3 in each race.

ASRA is CCS's national racing series and they do pay out money to Experts in addition to wood, but they don't pay out to Amateurs and the entry fee is slightly higher.
My 2001 w650 kawasaki, just got it thursday and having a blast riding it
Attached images
w650.jpg
Quote from ldriver :My 2001 w650 kawasaki, just got it thursday and having a blast riding it

i've been looking at those drooling... lucky :P
Quote from ldriver :My 2001 w650 kawasaki, just got it thursday and having a blast riding it

Such a sweet ride!
my crf 150 rb, just got a $800 service

this was taken a while ago
You look like a 10 year old on the last pic
Mate of mine with the 380rwhp red 180sx just bought a R1..hes only ever ridden 250's before, doesn't have his bike license

within 2 hours i witnessed him doing 200kph in the emergency lane on a freeway, and constantly popping wheelies.

...i hope he leaves the 180 to me in his will.
Just got myself a 2007 ninja 250r a couple weeks ago. Got my permit this weekend and took it out for a ride around the neighborhood. Already addicted!
Attached images
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
100_2181.jpg
Quote from shashdev :Just got myself a 2007 ninja 250r a couple weeks ago. Got my permit this weekend and took it out for a ride around the neighborhood. Already addicted!

Put these items on your immediate to-buy list:

leather jacket
leather gloves
leather boots
leather pants

If you have any objection to leather (religious or otherwise), you can easily find the jacket and pants in synthetic material (not mesh, avoid anything that says mesh). That might be a little more difficult for the gloves and boots, though.

Trust me, road rash sucks.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG