The online racing simulator
2011 plans
(67 posts, started )
2011 for me:

Get educated about the stock market

sort my financial mess

Move out of my parents home

Buy more things, i litterely have nothing.
Quote from niall09 :2010 was really great for me. I came out of my shell, boosted my presence socially (I was pretty much socially non-existant from years 13-17 of my life!), made some really great friends, had fun with some girls (though ultimately ****ed me over..:shySmile. I live away from home, I go to University and I've had so many incredible nights out in town! Smile

My plans for 2011 are:
Pass my Uni exams
Enjoy the year
Go out a lot with my friends
Get closer with some other friends
Go to Oxegen Tilt

I don't believe in planning to get a girlfriend. They generally just come about. Subconsciously, you're always on the lookout. Of course it would be nice to have one, and I do really want one, I just don't think you plan on getting one.

Obviously this will read as utter shite to the people who I've been talking with a lot to over the past year and know what I've been like! Smile

girls always do that, about the getting screwed over Tilt Schwitz
I have no plans at all, just going with the flow always Shrug always expecting the worst
1 - make a friend.
[bump]

With the year being more than half way over, I figured it was time to check in on our goals.

Quote from blackbird04217 :
I plan on releasing my indie project, which I was hoping to release in 2010, but it continues, depending on available time.

I would like to build my next PC, but that depends on extra finances.
I would like to get my motorcycle fixed up and go riding more this year.
I would like to go on a few weekend long hiking trips, hopefully including my dad for some of that 'quality' time.
Perhaps I may continue the pay off the smaller student loan, I will have a better chance starting the new-year with a solid job.
Head-to-Head Racing Series will make a return, in some fashion or another.
I'd like to start my other planned league(s), with time permitting.
Maybe finish my scrapbook from my adventure almost 2 years ago!
Maybe go to the LFS Karting Event, cross the puddle for the first time and hangout.
Maybe I will create a more realistic reading/writing goals of like 12 books and 12 2-5 page stories.

Heh, I've been slacking, a lot.

- The indie project died off as soon as I got this new job - which is a pity because I believe you guys would love it.
- I have bought some PC upgrades; mostly an SSD, which is being used and will be in the next build.
- I did get my motorcycle on the road, and have been riding it, a lot more and will continue to do so until it is too cold.
- I have gone out hiking once, with my dad, for a weekend - though we are planning one more.
- I have only been making minimal payments on both my loans, while trying to build up a solid base in savings. I was hoping to have started really putting money towards the loan this month but other things are building up, which means it is likely I will have $1000 to pay January 2012 on my small loan.
- I have not touched my scrapbook, sim racing hasn't seen much time, lets face it I haven't seen much freetime at all this year. Work is far too time consuming; I've worked too many late nights and weekends that even had I tried organizing an event, I'd likely have had to cancel it.
- I have not wrote any short stories although I have ready a handful of things, probably not as many cover to cover though.

So, with that I am financially aiming to knock off the little loan as much as possible, but will not be able to pay it off without dipping into savings - which I've been considering. I need to get my mind set for writing/reading, but lately I've been trying to practice my artistic skills, something that would greatly help me when I do try working on indie-game projects.

How about you guys?
Quote from Agniz :- go on vacation somewhere where climate is hot (UAE or Thailand, family can't decide atm)
- finish first year in university
- get some 17''s and coilovers for my car, and drop it dooooooown
- maybe get a part time job or smth

Hehe, almost all of this happened. Big grin

- Went to Indonesia and a small trip to southern Italia a bit later.
- Did it, now enjoying holidays Big grin
- Yeah!
- Too lazy for that atm. Big grin
I got drunk and fell off my bicycle.
Quote from logitekg25 :is this a wishlist, or goals/plans Schwitz

but mine is somewhat like:

bring grades up a little more. still gotta work on that
make new friends, can never have enough. pretty successful, but still working; can never have enough
get a job, make money. internship at the gym, im half way there Razz
get my permit (the first time). got it the second time, first time was impossible, second was easy as hell.
buy a kart, and become an active racer (and be good). still gotta work on that
buy a car(?). not even close to too late, but it is still a little early to think about it
stay single and enjoy being young (or find a girl i dont mind being tied to for a while [il have to fall head over heals for her])
OR find a girl who understands i wanna stay single, and agrees, and wants the same (i can dream cant i :tiltSmile. single; loving it, but starting to fall; lets see if i can keep this goal..

i might add to this.

EDIT: also go on vacation, or a cruise. more of a hope, but still this isnt anything i can control, but i did go to new york, not too fun; i did go a few towns over with a friend for a few days, that was more like it.

i still got some work

everything i added is in red.
Saw this thread pop up in my user control panel and thought it time to revisit how much i've achieved.

I havn't done the new game, the ideas and passion for it is still very much there but I don't think it will happen this year. My computer is still rubbish, so I still cant play LFS and so i've not taken the LFS broadcast league ideas any further either. Again it's still something I would like to do, "when the time is right".

I did go overseas again, in fact I did it in January by going to Amsterdam for some shopping in the sales. I've also got a trip to Germany penciled in for the end of the year. Ireland, Italy and New York will have to wait Smile.

I still havn't decided whether to return to karting or not. I'm not quite in the position where I can afford it although I am out of the financial quagmire that plagued me in 2010. If things continue to improve then 2012 might be the year that sees the trophy collection finaly growing again.

A healthy payrise did happen, and the firm I work for is growing from strength to strength and i'm confident that i've been a large part of that success, so i'm going to keep at it and hopefully the next few years will bring the rewards I deserve.

So all in all, it's been a good year. I also moved house, and I love it here in the East Midlands. I've got beautiful views, a shorter drive to work which saves me £150 a month in diesel, and a medieval dungeon cinema in the making underneath my house. Shy

Roll on the rest of the year, things are on the up.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :get a proper job and get a car (now that i have a drivers license...).
not much beside that.

but thats already something really hard to get.

i made both things come true.
yay Big grin
Quote from J@tko :
  • Maybe go on holiday with my friends
    Possibly, yes Smile [although technically not plural :P]
  • Actually finally get a girlfriend
    Failed so far.
  • Get a 2:1
    Nope Frown
  • Finally get to the LFS Kart Meet [Wales again please!!!]
    Never was one Frown

Could have gone better, could have gone worse I spose Smile
Quote from MAGGOT :2011 for me?

Finish my thesis, graduate, get a good job, a new apartment and start getting some money put away. A vacation would be nice, too.

Originally I was going to move out west, but those plans have been canceled. (Sorry Dustin, I know you wanted me to be your neighbor)

Well, I finished my thesis, got an awesome job pretty much right out of school (I design snowboard and motorcross equipment), I live in a sweet brand new condo and I still have a little bit of my last paycheque in my bank account. Still working on the vacation...
Quote from niall09 :
My plans for 2011 are:
Pass my Uni exams
Enjoy the year
Go out a lot with my friends
Get closer with some other friends
Go to Oxegen Tilt

Achieved them all! Smile
Quote from J@tko :Finally get to the LFS Kart Meet [Wales again please!!!]
Never was one Frown

You weren't invited

2011 plans