The online racing simulator
Hi I'm New.
(13 posts, started )
Hi I'm New.
Hey all lfs racers! My name is Dale I bought a S2 lisence today. I started racing immediately online for the first ever time today. I feel that I did fairly well as it is my first day. I managed to win 4 out of the 6 Races I competed in today on Westhill.

Now this is where the bit I'm posting about starts I managed to get a best lap time of 1:41.12 in the Formula XR or FOX which was the car I mostly used. However in the BF1 I got 1.19.85 as a PB, I was wondering have any of you got any tips you can share to help me improve these times atall? I think I have a long way to go before I am any good lol.
Go around the track slowly and carefully for a few laps to get the feel of it. Make sure you can hit the Apex's. Keep the same line each lap. Slowly go faster each lap until you've pushed yourself and your car as much as you can. LFS takes tons of practice.

.. I also wished I followed my own advice . Hope this helps.
also u might want to upload us a replay so we could see your driving style and give you tips and welcome to the wonderful world of LFS!
Practice. Practice. Then try some more practice.

Also see what inferno setups can do for you, but I would suggest doing your best to learn how to make your own setups. It's as much a part of the simulation as the racing is. If you have found a favorite car stick with it whilst you get the basics sorted. If you chop and change cars all the time you will always be playing catchup with yourself to get your self comfortable again.

Don't be afraid in messing with the setups. You will only learn by the mistakes you make, learn what each component does and how changes effect the car. Pretty soon you'll be getting competative.

So welcome to the LFS family. Prepare for your social life to be right out the window.

Oh, and don't forget. Practice.
Thanks all for the replies, and thanks for the greetings! I have found my favourite car its the FOX, I love that car, I started fiddling with the setups but only really changing the downforce just for a tiny bit of speed. I tried a setup my mate sent can't really get to grips with that, cornering seems to be my biggest flaw lol. I can do them perfectly with the standard setup but as soon as I change they are getting increasingly diffucult which im trying to get used to lol.

Oh and where can I get the inferno setups from?

thanks,
Dale
Quote from Syxxpacc :also u might want to upload us a replay so we could see your driving style and give you tips and welcome to the wonderful world of LFS!

Sorry I didn't see that post, yeah I will upload a replay in acouple of hours. I'll just do some lapping round westhill with a standard setup will be less humiliating for me then
http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

There are the sets. But keep in mind, that these are almost exclusively WR sets and they probably dont really fit your driving style, plus the tyres only hold a few laps on most sets.
Quote from zeugnimod :http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

There are the sets. But keep in mind, that these are almost exclusively WR sets and they probably dont really fit your driving style, plus the tyres only hold a few laps on most sets.

Thank you very much! You guys make a newbie like me feel very welcome lol! Well most races I do usually lasts about 4 laps so if they can hold out about 3 of the 4 i'll be happy!

Oh and attached is a replay of 2 laps on westhill using a basic setup where all I have done is toned down the downforce.
Attached files
ShibbyMan666_WE1_FOX_FINISHED.spr - 58.2 KB - 176 views
#9 - axus
Welcome from me too. Just realise there are no shortcuts to becoming really fast. It takes practice and setup time and thats it.

Good luck m8. Hope to race ya sometime.
Yep. Put in the laps. Different setups are more applicable on different tracks as well and if you learn what does what and how then once you have got yourself a good setup you can adjust it accordingly for different tracks whilst still maintaining a comfortable car.

But it does take a bit of time. Don't expect any immeadiate results. LFS don't work like that. You will get frustrated, you will think your too slow, you won't be able to race cometativly with the fast guys. But one day, maybe not today, mayeb not tomorrow, but some day soon. It will all change. Everything will slot into place and you'll be top of the pack everytime.
Welcome welcome welcome...
Dont know if anyone has said this... only quickly read the posts...
How about getting replays off LFS World. then you can see braking points, and speeds etc. helps!
And practice too
A big welcome from me to - see ya on the track (Fox is my Fav. car as well)

Woun't persume to give advise other than as listed above

Hi I'm New.
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG