The online racing simulator
Quote from Deutschland2007 :You should be able to switch that off by going into options -> view -> acceleration shifts viewpoint -> no

it still does it , it is fixed to the car's front axis no matter what... unlike regular chase which has smoothing options etc.
Quote from Bmxtwins :it still does it , it is fixed to the car's front axis no matter what... unlike regular chase which has smoothing options etc.

Funny enough, Boothy also told me to turn off the "acceleration shifts viewpoint" stuff, so I did, even though I thought they were all set to zero anyway. It made quite a large difference, which puzzled me (still a little bumpy but much less so). I went back and checked, and the head tilt was the only one which hadn't been zeroed. Doesn't make much sense as to why this should make such a huge difference but there it is...

Upshot: I reckon "custom-follow" might end up being usable after all
Quote from Neilser :Funny enough, Boothy also told me to turn off the "acceleration shifts viewpoint" stuff, so I did, even though I thought they were all set to zero anyway. It made quite a large difference, which puzzled me (still a little bumpy but much less so). I went back and checked, and the head tilt was the only one which hadn't been zeroed. Doesn't make much sense as to why this should make such a huge difference but there it is...

Upshot: I reckon "custom-follow" might end up being usable after all

I always use it for NDR events.... anyways the smoothing helps but it is still rather bumpy. I had already smoothed it out as much as possible
DUUUUUDE you ROCK!!!
LOL awesome man, haven't tried it yet but I been saying there needs to be more cam angles, cam disable options to disable unwanted viewpoints (like when racing and you want to switch from chase to cockpit minus the overhead and replay angle BS), and a rear view mirror for chase, which there might be by now, not too sure. Also the default view for the car is always the same no matter what, LFS needs an option to allow the default view to be set to something other than the in-car cam.

^5 dude, you rock.
Does this thing still work, and does someone have a setting around 90-100FOV chase veiw with mirror?
And it got a whole lot more diffucoult
But thanks, with some beers and patient I'll manage something hehe.
Anyone like to see an update?

Been bored and haven't programmed anything for a while, Its easy to do
I would die for an update, gief chase veiw with mirrow please
Okay, Just finished re-coding it

Seems to work okay from my tests, but there may be a few minor bugs
(1 bug so far - when loading or saving, pressing cancel will throw an error, I'll fix it soon )

Features:
Cockpit and Custom views allow you to change the X Y Z values with ranges from -100 to 100 and moves in 0.1 increments by clicking the side or using arrow keys.. or moves like a normal slider

Chase View allows you to change:
Height = 0 to 50
Distance = 0.1 to 50
Angle = -90 to 90
View Smoothing = 0 to 1

Presets can be saved and loaded... They are in type .cve and will later be associated with the program like before.. easier to instantly load a preset with one click

AND Since I was having fun I left a 'wee' surprise in there for anyone who finds it.. nothing much but I was having fun

DOWNLOAD: See Attachment
(Note: This will only work with 0.6B and nothing else, due to the way it is made)
Attached files
CustomViewEditor.rar - 12.7 KB - 192 views
Nice thanks!!
Btw, sorry for beeing lazy but... well, could someone do a pre-setup of chase veiw with mirrow and 90% FOV?
Here's one that closely resembles the chase view...

Note: I cannot find the memory address for Pitch in custom view or FOV..
So to get 90deg FOV you'll have to set it manually..
And also if you want the camera angle facing up or down slighty you'll have to do that manually aswell

Screenshot of the setting: (FOV is 90 and Pitch is 0)

See attachment for download
(1 bug so far - when loading or saving, pressing cancel will throw an error, I'll fix it soon )
Attached files
CustomChase.rar - 942.8 KB - 201 views
Great, thanks mate!!
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
I love you. ♥
After some work I got the following result (see attachments).
Also the settings are there.

But, I absolutely hate that it's fixed to forward axis... can't someone do a mod to remove that in custom veiw mode? I am tempted to try it myself but am affraight I **** something up
Attached images
Uten navn.jpg
Attached files
Lol.rar - 156 B - 205 views

[V2.0] Custom View Editor - Now for 0.6B!
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG