Its shit like this, Microsoft
(17 posts, started )
How the hell do they manage to ... way with shit like this?

Cant access my XBOX Live account at the moment, (holiday) so no idea if I'm affected by this.

What the hell though? Surely I should be able to file a charge for fraud against them or something? Especially if its like a 12month renewal like some people apparently got...

Quote :We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue...

Some problem...
MS have been getting away with much bigger shit than this, plus it looks like they know about the issue and will probably refund anyone who doesn't want to have stuff auto-renewed. It's nothing compared to Sony's epic security fail or fraudlent apps in AppStore.
Even if they refuse to refund it, your bank may issue them a chargeback.
Yeah. Got to wait a week though to find out if I was affected by this "problem".
#5 - Bean0
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah. Got to wait a week though to find out if I was affected by this "problem".

Why wait ?

Phone your bank or credit card provider and ask about recent transactions.
I could do that, but that would require calling from my UK phone while in Lithuania, and the rates are bloody ridiculous.

I'll try to remember my Live account info and log in from here.
Quote from DevilDare :I could do that, but that would require calling from my UK phone while in Lithuania, and the rates are bloody ridiculous.

SkypeOut
Welcome to iRacing. Wait
#10 - DeKo
No, they don't. They have any auto resubscription option, but you can tick a box and turn it off.

Microsoft have been very decent to me, my 3 year old mouse broke, so I phoned them to chance it and they sent me out a brand spanking new mouse as an upgrade for free. Not bad.
Quote from DeKo :They have any auto resubscription option, but you can tick a box and turn it off.

Basically until you ask noone tells you about it so the worst case is that you end up paying again even though you don't want to.
Ahhh. For me, Live has brought nothing but problems...

You used to have to call them to actually turn off auto renewal. Apparently it was too "hard" to implement it on the web. Only recently have they added that options... Retarded...
#13 - DeKo
Quote from baSh0r :Basically until you ask noone tells you about it so the worst case is that you end up paying again even though you don't want to.

I get several e-mails a few days before it warning me that it's about to auto-renew. Nobody to blame but yourself if you forget to turn it off.
Quote from baSh0r :Basically until you ask noone tells you about it so the worst case is that you end up paying again even though you don't want to.

That's the price for stupidity.

It's kind of common sense to read the paper before one signs it. Same with websites. If you give your credit card details you should read the site too. Going through the options on iracing.com takes like couple of minutes. Maybe iracing should send that same info to your parents so they can call you and tell you about the renewal.

If someone thinks it's ok to not know why stuff is happening to you because you're too lazy to read few lines of text every now and then you have a rough life ahead of you...
Quote from DeKo :I get several e-mails a few days before it warning me that it's about to auto-renew. Nobody to blame but yourself if you forget to turn it off.

Quote from Hyperactive :That's the price for stupidity.

It's kind of common sense to read the paper before you sign it. Same with websites. If you give your credit card details you should read the site too. Going through the options on iracing.com takes like couple of minutes. Maybe iracing should send that same info to your parents so they can call you and tell you about the renewal.

If you think it's ok to not know why stuff is happening to you because you're too lazy to read few lines of text every now and then you have a rough life ahead of you...

I can't see any post where i said that I forgot to turn it off Just wanted to mention the jewish money grubbing redneck default settings which are good for ripping off 12 year old oval racers who stole their moms' credit card.

The first thing to do is basically: check the settings to avoid rednecks getting your money because you missed something.
Quote from baSh0r :I can't see any post where i said that I forgot to turn it off Just wanted to mention the jewish money grubbing redneck default settings which are good for ripping off 12 year old oval racers who stole their moms' credit card.

The first thing to do is basically: check the settings to avoid rednecks getting your money because you missed something.

I was just using you as an example person without not meaning you directly.

Edited it a bit.
Mine has always been on renewal, but it stopped now as the card used to fund it is gone now.

@Madcatz, like when calling them it directs you to some guy in India who barely understands English?

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG