The online racing simulator
#26 - CSF
Mass Dampers was a McLaren led thing too, Ferrari had the same system, but the characteristics of the Bridgestone tyres meant that they didn't lose out as much as Renault did.
heres a good question: When was the last time Ferrari had some innovation?

if they do come up with something i wonder if it will get banned.
Whatever the changes are, they should have been clearly stated, and the timing of their implementation should have been made clear.

Changing regs midway through the season is unprecedented, and they are even changing them midway through a race weekend. There is an exception, and that was purely on safety grounds after the sad Imola weekend where we lost Senna and Ratzenburg. Coulthard mooted a little while ago on BBC, that it could even be dangerous becuase drivers are going out not knowing the car at all with the fundamental handling changes.
Mass dampers ban? Was that not a mid-season rule change or 'clarification'?
Vettel is clearly on the backfoot, he's got jack shit on Webber. Webber the man to beat this weekend, he's been the quickest whenever he's set a lap.
The commentators where saying that the off throttle exhuasts where hurting webber as he couldn't extract the maximum out of it and thats why he has been right on it in the last two grand prix after they have been limited/banned, Not sure if thats the case though.
Quote from BlueFlame :Vettel is clearly on the backfoot, he's got jack shit on Webber. Webber the man to beat this weekend, he's been the quickest whenever he's set a lap.

Close call in Q3 though, 3 hundredths isn't that much.
The lap record broken then? Webbers 1:30.399

Gonna be a good race, but it seems like RBR domination again.
Quote from jrd.racer :The lap record broken then? Webbers 1:30.399

Gonna be a good race, but it seems like RBR domination again.

Vettel's time last year was 1:29.613, so no.

http://statsf1.com/fr/2010/grande-bretagne/grille.aspx

Now the start/finish line wasn't at the same place, but I don't know if it affected the times, and AFAIK there wasn't any other layout modification apart from that.
Quote from Mustafur :The commentators where saying that the off throttle exhuasts where hurting webber as he couldn't extract the maximum out of it and thats why he has been right on it in the last two grand prix after they have been limited/banned, Not sure if thats the case though.

There might be something in that. Webber is able to blow his own diffuser better than Vettel. After Webber schooled the German at Monaco and Spain in successive races, Renault developed an off throttle system that removed the Aussie's advantage.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Close call in Q3 though, 3 hundredths isn't that much.

I still think Webber had him beat though. Vettel keeps playing it in the interviews as if he definately would have gotten P1 if he'd had another run. Well if he was destined for P1 he would of gotten it without a second run.

Another reason why he annoys me. Plus the fact he thinks he is Schumacher.Jr and pulls the same dumb ass stunts as he did, like pushing people hard into the wall on a straight road on race start etc.
First: F1 is about finding the unfair advantage, if it was not it would be spec racing and that is the opposite of what F1 should be about. (it is also the FIA's job to stop any exploits they can to keep F1 interesting)

I think FIA is filing this as a safety issue.
Banning (or making it hard to get efficient) ground effect is a safety issue (put in 1994), putting hot air under the car to let it cool to generate vacuum is forcing a ground effect -> so its a safety issue. (more than) A bit contrived I might admit but I think this is the FIA thinking.
In 1994 they didn't have ground effect. It was banned over a decade before.

However running the car soo low that they always scratched the surface of the road was common, hence all the sparks they used to make.
Quote from BlueFlame :Vettel is clearly on the backfoot, he's got jack shit on Webber. Webber the man to beat this weekend, he's been the quickest whenever he's set a lap.

That's a bit of an exaggeration (Webber being quickest all the time). But between Webber and Vettel, advantage Webber I think. Hard to tell for sure though, because the conditions were very erratic.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :There might be something in that. Webber is able to blow his own diffuser better than Vettel. After Webber schooled the German at Monaco and Spain in successive races, Renault developed an off throttle system that removed the Aussie's advantage.

You're making it sound like Renault developed the EBD specifically to give Vettel an advantage, when that's really not the case. In 2010, the two drivers were neck and neck until Spain. Then Webber had the edge from Spain and Monaco to Spa (remembering that Vettel had chassis damange in Spain and Monaco), then Vettel basically steamrolled over everyone else from Italy onward. So the blown diffuser theory doesn't wash when compared with their race performance over the season.
Bright sunshine here atm, about an hour from Silverstone - not looking like rain for the race
Porsche Supercup has just finished on Eurosport, blazing sunsheeeeeeeee-ine at Silverstone.
Great fun with rain yesterday in feeder series, though - including 19 cars pulling into the pits at once at the end of the formation lap, for wet tyres, in GP3 race 1
Just said 70% chance of rain on BBC Weather.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Vettel's time last year was 1:29.613, so no.

http://statsf1.com/fr/2010/grande-bretagne/grille.aspx

Now the start/finish line wasn't at the same place, but I don't know if it affected the times, and AFAIK there wasn't any other layout modification apart from that.

not to mention, the cars aren't the same year-to-year. i wouldn't exactly call these PB's " "official" "lap records" "
FFFFFOOOOking Schumacher!!! :mad:
They need to stop using that new camera angle at brooklands. They use it wayyy too much.
Quote from JPeace :Yes Webber is quick, but not all the time, this is why he won't be a champion in F1 in my opinion. He just isn't consistent enough to win championships. Its about maximizing the days you have an "off" day.

this. his start proofed that again

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG